Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter vs. Charlton - Pre Match Views, News, Teams and Poll

2»

Comments

• 2-0 to us LLera, Benson

Elliott

Francis LLera Doherty Jackson

Wagstaff Racon Semedo Reid

Abbott Benson

Subs Worner Solly Mambo Fry McCormack Sodje Martin
  • In the Leyton Orient game i thought we were excellent. However, all the other games have shown that we are average at best and I have no confidence in our strikeforce.

Exeter are strong at home, so a 2-0 defeat in this one.
  • Having notched a scrappy 1-0 against the daggers, and bossing last week against the udders for the first 30 minutes, then i think if we can get an early goal (first 20 mins), we can go on and win...maybe not comfortably....but still come out with 3 points. However if we are drawing or losing at half-time, then I belive its gonna be tough to turn it around and i would then be happy with a draw at full-time.
    Hows that for sitting on the fence????
  • Benson and Abbott 2-0 win.

Dont get the negativity, I could see the Huddersfield result coming but we are a far better side than Exeter so will be amazed if we dont pick up at least a dominating point.
  • Hoping for a professional 2-0 win to us but cant see anything other than a draw or a home win, Exeter were very good at home last season, dont see that changing.

We need some more game time to gell and from now until xmas if we win our home games and draw our away games i'll be more than chuft
  • edited September 2010
    loss 1 nil or 3 nil
  • edited September 2010
    [align=center]Elliott
    Solly - Llera - Doherty - Jackson
    Wagstaff - Semedo - McCormack - Reid
    Benson - Abbott[/align]

Prediction 3-1 to the addicks. Vital we bounce back this game.
  • Im quite confident we can go there and get a win. My orient mate said they were without a few players last week & had to play players out of position. Hopefully this is the case tomorrow aswell. With the addition of benson i think he will create a few chances for himself. Im going for a 3-1. Benson 2 Abbot 1
  • I'd really love to see us take the game to them tomorrow. You create chances in this league and you score goals - you don't and you don't in any league you play in. Very disapointed in the lack of chances in our last 2 league games and hope the signing of Benson makes us a bit more adventurous in that area. I always do a direct season points comparrison, replacing the teams that went up with the teams that went down from last season. So by this purely unscientific method (Bournemouth replacing Wycombe), we are 1 point down so far. Win tomorrow and we will be 2 points up!!

COYRs
  • The Exeter manager is quoted on the Beeb site as saying:

"I'm expecting a big gate and a good game, so whether we admit it or not - when we get a name like Charlton Athletic at St James Park it does make a difference."

So he'll have Execeter fired up to try and claim a "Big Scalp".
    Most other teams in this division obviously think we are "The Massives", lol

But it won't be Exeter's cup final.
    Their grudge match is against Argyle.

They hate each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Team selection could depend on whether Parky wants to play to our strengths or negate theirs. City are a good passing side so wouldn't be surprised to see 5 in midfield to try and negate that. Both teams struggling defensively so there could be goals. How about this for a lineup, 4-5-1 when they have the ball 4-3-3 when they do.

Elliot
    Francis Dohety Llera Jackson
    Martin Semedo Racon McCormack Reid
    Benson

Worry would be how much defensive cover Martin would give to Francis, who is struggling. No George Friend for them this season who caused us problems in April. Cuerton could play after scoring twice in midweek.
  • We should really be beating teams like Exeter, a good season for them would probably be to finish a few spots above 21st place but we just have a tendency to draw so often away from home, can never see a game out or else we are coming from a goal down to claim a draw. Don't see why we shouldn't go out and attack.
  • I think this will be a comfortable win for us. Need to look to be snaffling up points against the teams that occupy the lower half of the table even at this early stage.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The Exeter manager is quoted on the Beeb site as saying:

"I'm expecting a big gate and a good game, so whether we admit it or not -when we get a name like Charlton Athleticat St James Park it does make a difference."

So he'll have Execeter fired up to try and claim a "Big Scalp".
    Most other teams in this division obviously think we are "The Massives", lol

But it won't be Exeter's cup final.
    Their grudge match is against Argyle.

They hate each other.

and The Gulls hate The Grecians with a passion. How do The Pligrims and The Gulls get on Oggy ?
  • only just found out today that im free to go tommorow
    do you think that i will be able to pay on the day?
    how many have we currently sold? , and how many does the away stand hold?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]and The Gulls hate The Grecians with a passion. How do The Pligrims and The Gulls get on Oggy ?

Hello Large,

Argyle are not too bothered about Torquay, strangely ..... despite them being only 35 miles away and geographically their nearest rival. Maybe because they don't have too much shared history.

Exeter, 50 miles away from Plymouth, is the "local derby", for Argyle fans ......although Argyle supporters always look forward to playing Bristol City, and treat it as a local derby - despite Plymouth being more than 100 miles further west.

There's no League club in Cornwall, so Plymouth is the furthest west outpost of English League clubs.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]do you think that i will be able to pay on the day?

YES!

On the gate.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]only just found out today that im free to go tommorow
    do you think that i will be able to pay on the day?
    how many have we currently sold? , and how many does the away stand hold?

It's a terrace and as of Thursday we'd sold 600 out of 900, so pay on the day no problem. (150 seats sold out).
  • [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]We should really be beating teams like Exeter, a good season for them would probably be to finish a few spots above 21st place but we just have a tendency to draw so often away from home, can never see a game out or else we are coming from a goal down to claim a draw. Don't see why we shouldn't go out and attack.

I live about 15 miles outside Exeter and go and see 4 or 5 games a season at St James park with my young lads and they are a decent side. There's a lot of talk on here about Parky not having a plan B, over the last three years I've seen city play 4-4-2, 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 formations, a quick passing game as well as long ball up to two tall centre forwards with Fleetwood sniffing around the knockdowns, sometimes all of this in the same game!

We underestimate teams like Exeter, I think they'll push on this year and could even finish in the top half. They lacked goals last season (lets face it Fleetwood was getting a game!) but by signing Nardallino and Cureton they could have solved that problem.

I was talking to a mate who is a city season ticket holder today and he said they struggled last week against Orient as two of their three first choice centre backs were injured. One of those played on Tuesday in the JPT but captain Matt Taylor is still out. If Daily doesn't play for us there could be goals tomorrow.

easy 1-0 win to us then :0)
  • If Exeter are playing the same kind of football as last year we should be okay. A good open game and I think our midfield will have too much for them.

0 - 2, with goals for Abbott and Martin. </ a>
  • Sponsored links:

• Love it CTH.
  • Very good, Arthur. Hope you're right!
  • This has the makings of a very decent game, they play on the floor and so can we to good effect. I'd go with 4 - 5 - 1 today, with the wingers and an attacking midfielder supporting the lone man. I'd also leave Llera out and put Fry in. He looks sound to me based on Tuesday and I'd rather have my heart where it should be, in my chest than in my mouth every other minute - Llera sh*ts me up too often in a game and we are away, so they would target him without a doubt, if they plan on going for it.

Elliott
    Francis
    Doherty
    Fry
    Jackson
    Wagstaff
    Semedo
    McCormack
    Reid
    Martin
    Benson

Subs: Worner, Solly, Llera, Davisson, Racon, Sodje, Abbott
  • Anyone know if any radio stations have the commentary today? Out and can't get cafctv to work on iPhone!
  • Bbc london news just said the kick off time today is 17:00. Is it really 17:00 kick off? Is it on telly?
  • edited September 2010
    Nope, definitely 3pm KO.

Live commentary on BBC London 94.9 both on the radio and on the internet :-)
  • Elliot

Solly
    Doherty
    Fry
    Jackson

Wagstaff
    Racon
    Semedo
    Reid

Martin
    Benson

Would be nice, can't see it though.
  • edited September 2010
    hudson-son-son:
    Elliot

Solly
    Doherty
    Fry
    Jackson

Wagstaff
    Racon
    Semedo
    Reid

Martin
    Benson

Would be very nice, like that team and I can see that working. Will it happen? Doubt it.
  • Need to win this one, These are the type of games that the season depends on, especially after losing last week.

3 points and that will be a very good start, especially with so many new bodies.