Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sat 4th September Welling United need Charlton Fans

2»

Comments

• Exactly ... cant get to Exeter, but could pop over the San Siro Saturday afternoon
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So there's going to be more Charlton fans at Welling than Exeter this Saturday?

More than likely. In my case i've got a half day tomorrow, am going to Wembley tomorrow night and don't fancy waking up with a hangover and trekking to Exeter which will cost the best part of 70 quid for ticket/travel/food/beer. I can however wake up about midday, sort myself out and get to the Guy for about 1.30, have a few beers for less than 15 quid and pay a fiver to watch a match.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So there's going to be more Charlton fans at Welling than Exeter this Saturday?

More than likely. In my case i've got a half day tomorrow, am going to Wembley tomorrow night and don't fancy waking up with a hangover and trekking to Exeter which will cost the best part of 70 quid for ticket/travel/food/beer. I can however wake up about midday, sort myself out and get to the Guy for about 1.30, have a few beers for less than 15 quid and pay a fiver to watch a match.

Lets not turn this into a debate about Charlton's away following again - that's got to be the most "done to death" topic on this site. If people want to go Welling they can.

Best of luck to the Wings - I have fond childhood memories of the San Siro and I'll certainly do my best to get down there on Saturday. Who knows I might even buy a beer or six to help you out evenmore !!
  • Cheers and Thanks to the Official Charlton site for putting a piece up saying Charlton fans have a habit of helping other teams and to get to down to Welling to help out your neighbours.

Massively appreciated. Hope to see lots of red shorts at Welling on Saturday getting behind the Wings!!!! I am sure there will be updates from Charltons win at Exeter on saturday.

Come on you reds!! both of you.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So there's going to be more Charlton fans at Welling than Exeter this Saturday?

Why don't you get down to Park View Road on Saturday, Sparrows?

You know you want to.

Already done my bit this season for the Wings. The very dim stewards were very accommodating in allowing us to drink on the terrace throughout the game therefore enabling us to put more money behind the bar than would've normally been possible.#

Hope they are ok as my mates brother is their gaffer.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Already done my bit this season for the Wings.

Perpaps you could change your name to, 'Park View Road Lame Lion'?

Just a suggestion, naturally.

;o)
  • SLL

If you drank in plastics you would have bought the beer from Eriths bar and thus Welling would have got nothing out of that from you. Some clubs at our level have a license to drink on the terraces in plastics, Bromley must have as they were all doing it last week, Bishops Stortford drink on terraces, Lewes do too... etc etc. The Stewards refused to allow "us" Welling fans to drink on the terraces after the Charlton game, so have no idea why it was allowed all round the ground for our game with you.
  • [cite]Posted By: wellingfan[/cite]SLL

If you drank in plastics you would have bought the beer from Eriths bar and thus Welling would have got nothing out of that from you. Some clubs at our level have a license to drink on the terraces in plastics, Bromley must have as they were all doing it last week, Bishops Stortford drink on terraces, Lewes do too... etc etc. The Stewards refused to allow "us" Welling fans to drink on the terraces after the Charlton game, so have no idea why it was allowed all round the ground for our game with you.

Was bottles of bud and magners, bought from the bar near the entrance.

Bromley were very strict, nobody was boozing on the terrace.
  • [cite]Posted By: wellingfan[/cite] The Stewards refused to allow "us" Welling fans to drink on the terraces after the Charlton game, so have no idea why it was allowed all round the ground for our game with you.

Probably because the stewards didn't want the nasty Millwall fans kicking off, whereas the nice polite Charlton fans probably just accepted it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wellingfan[/cite]The Stewards refused to allow "us" Welling fans to drink on the terraces after the Charlton game, so have no idea why it was allowed all round the ground for our game with you.

Probably because the stewards didn't want the nasty Millwall fans kicking off, whereas the nice polite Charlton fans probably just accepted it.

We had to covertly sneak it past the stewards with almost military precision.

Ok we didn't have to do that. They were very dopey!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wellingfan[/cite]SLL

Was bottles of bud and magners, bought from the bar near the entrance.

Bromley were very strict, nobody was boozing on the terrace.

Drink on terraces? Right I'm off to support Bishops Stortford or Lewes (whichever is nearer)
  • How was the crowd yesterday in the end? Good result for Welling. And Bromley win AGAIN! Top of the league!
  • 560 according to the BBC.

Not many more than a usual Saturday.
  • I saw dartford have the record crowd of 2750 this season. Pretty impressive IMO.
  • WSSWSS
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I saw dartford have the record crowd of 2750 this season. Pretty impressive IMO.
    That was against Ebsfleet.

Not surprising really since they moved back into the town they have a real loyal following, especially away from home.
  • Enjoyable game, Welling have a few who should help them Challenge this year. They are little like us, although on a better run at present.
  • I think that this weekend is bigger for Welling than any other game this year so far, they have been hit today with a 5 point deduction and a £5,000 fine.
    I think that a big following from our fans could be needed not only to help the obvious financial state but also to spur the team on against their rivals and good team Woking, where Aswad Thomas is now playing. I should hope to see as many Charlton fans there as possible due to the fact that Welling now has to pay up to £68,000 for their future. I can't see many of us travelling up to Tranmere, so let's get down to Park View Road and help them out, the weather will be fine so there is no excuse there!
  • Having read the statement issued by the club it would seem that they have been spinning the Conference Officials a yarn re: their financial position.

The £5000 fine is suspended. The 5 points deduction is for "misconduct" and obvioulsy relates to the submission of inaccurate financial info.

Not good times for the Wings.
  • is the 5 point deduction suspended as looking in the paper this morning it didn't seem to have taken effect ?

another good win saturday and the crowd looked a couple of hundred up on recent games
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]is the 5 point deduction suspended as looking in the paper this morning it didn't seem to have taken effect ?

another good win saturday and the crowd looked a couple of hundred up on recent games

"'Welling United has the right of appeal against the Board's decisions, so no alteration to the Blue Square Bet South table will be made until the Appeal procedure is exhausted.'
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]is the 5 point deduction suspended as looking in the paper this morning it didn't seem to have taken effect ?

another good win saturday and the crowd looked a couple of hundred up on recent games[/quote]

My father-in-law went and he said that Woking had about 150-200 there so that would account for the 700+ gate.