Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sat 4th September Welling United need Charlton Fans

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Non League day is this Saturday. Welling United are raising funds to beat a Winding up Petition. They have already raised over half and have approx 13 weeks to raise the rest.

As part of Non League Day, Welling united invite all Charlton Fans to Park View Road for the Match V Boreham Wood. Welling are 6th and have lost just 1 game this season. Entry is £11 for Adults. But as a special for this day only ... ALL Charlton Season Ticket holders will be able to get in for just £5!!. You will need to show a season ticket on the turnstile to get in for a fiver. Even more reason to turn up and Support welling on the day is that Children under 12 will be admitted FREE for the day.

Please come down and support the Wings on Saturday. With 10,000 season ticket holders its Charlton Fans' chance to show their support to Welling United when they need it.

If you want a photo with the Welling United Squad then Wings Supporters United are running a photo call from 1pm to 130pm where for £10 you get a picture with the Team and a print sent to you at a later date.

Any of you that can get the ball rolling and share this on facebook or other addicks sites would be a huge help. Every supporter counts on the day so lets see you Charlton fans helping your friends at Welling when they really need it. Lets get 500 Charlton fans there , it can be done!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Please Bump this every day and encourage Charlton Fans to get down to Welling this Saturday.
  • Options
    Good luck, wasn't your defeat against the current league leaders?
  • Options
    yeah only was against bromley who have played 6 won 6
  • Options
    Ive been to the last 2 games. My 10 year old had never stood at a match before and loved the banter with the oppo goalie. Jamie Day has em playing some nice football on the deck too.

Wish em all the best as they really need local people's
    support at the moment.
  • Options
    what's the price for a 16 year old? (without a season ticket)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]yeah only was against bromley who have played 6 won 6

"We are top the league, say we are....."

Welling put up a good fight but beaten by the better side in the end.

Good luck on Saturday and good offer of £5 to get in.
  • Options
    excellent offer, would be great to see a decent crowd down there saturday
  • Options
    Henry, can i just say.. in your opinion.

In the opinion of most Welling Fans, Welling didnt turn up that day and hoofed it on the overly long grassed pitch plus the league ruled they could only have 3 substitutes for that day!!!, a bit of a handicap i am sure you will agree!. "Better Team" lost in my opinion but good luck to Bromley. Welling have beaten Chelmsford, Havant (Away) and let in a late equaliser at Dover this season, comparable form far superior to Bromleys IMHO. Welling were awful for the only time this season and only a word class save from Foderingham in the last few seconds saved Bromley from drawing with a very under par Welling.
  • Options
    Might go along to this actually and i hope the Wings can get a decent crowd. England are playing friday night, there's no premier league or championship games, Charlton are away, and it's very reasonably priced as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wellingfan[/cite]Henry, can i just say.. in your opinion.

In the opinion of most Welling Fans, Welling didnt turn up that day and hoofed it on the overly long grassed pitch plus the league ruled they could only have 3 substitutes for that day!!!, a bit of a handicap i am sure you will agree!. "Better Team" lost in my opinion but good luck to Bromley. Welling have beaten Chelmsford, Havant (Away) and let in a late equaliser at Dover this season, comparable form far superior to Bromleys IMHO. Welling were awful for the only time this season and only a word class save from Foderingham in the last few seconds saved Bromley from drawing with a very under par Welling.

Sure, in my opinion

But McBean should have made it an hat-trick and other than the last five mins Welling had little attacking threat. It was a great save but making saves is part of the game.

The grass was the same length for both sides. No idea about the subs rule.

In the end the best team is the one that scores the most goals and that day it was Bromley.

Not seen Welling otherwise this year so can't say if that was an off day but Bromley were the better side on Saturday and followed that up with an away win at Bishop's Stortford having already beaten Havent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't make it Saturday so I will ring the club and make a £5 donation instead.
  • Options
    Excellent Josh

Thanks, Not sure they can take donations but theres a guy on Welling forum called Ron Manager who is part of the Band "Nellys Heros" who can take donations via paypal for the club or for their fund raising gig tickets.

The link is for a Charity Gig and at the bottom there is a paypal donate button

http://www.selftitleduk.com/nh/?page_id=216
  • Options
    Just realised I couldn't get through to the club number so will use your link, thanks.
  • Options
    My eldest boy has been a season ticket holder at Welling for the last half a dozen seasons (he's 17 now) and has this week bought his seven year old brother one. I will go along when I can and perhaps that might allow me to forget about my spat with the Welling Chairman a couple of season ago. The irony is that the row was all about how not to discourage Charlton fans to go to Welling when the Addicks aren't playing!

Hope the Wings get through this which I'm sure they will.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]My eldest boy has been a season ticket holder at Welling for the last half a dozen seasons (he's 17 now) and has this week bought his seven year old brother one. I will go along when I can and perhaps that might allow me to forget about my spat with the Welling Chairman a couple of season ago. The irony is that the row was all about how not to discourage Charlton fans to go to Welling when the Addicks aren't playing!

Hope the Wings get through this which I'm sure they will.

Fan has spat with Welling Official shocker :)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]My eldest boy has been a season ticket holder at Welling for the last half a dozen seasons (he's 17 now) and has this week bought his seven year old brother one. I will go along when I can and perhaps that might allow me to forget about my spat with the Welling Chairman a couple of season ago. The irony is that the row was all about how not to discourage Charlton fans to go to Welling when the Addicks aren't playing!

Hope the Wings get through this which I'm sure they will.[/quote]

Fan has spat with Welling Official shocker :)[/quote]

Watch your language eh. . . .
  • Options
    Nothing to do we with me guv ...
  • Options
    Hmm . . .
  • Options
    LOL, i remember Riscardo's green bomber jacket, the one he got for his 27th birthday :-)
  • Options
    Apparently he has a 27th birthday party next year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Apparently he has a 27th birthday party next year?

Yep, another one. Must be 5 years running now.

;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Sure, in my opinion

But McBean should have made it an hat-trick and other than the last five mins Welling had little attacking threat. It was a great save but making saves is part of the game.

The grass was the same length for both sides. No idea about the subs rule.

In the end the best team is the one that scores the most goals and that day it was Bromley.

Not seen Welling otherwise this year so can't say if that was an off day but Bromley were the better side on Saturday and followed that up with an away win at Bishop's Stortford having already beaten Havent.

In my opinion too Henry! And the opinion of my 85 year old Great Uncle, who as well as having a season ticket at Charlton, is a season ticket holder at Dover. Bromley played the quality football and offered all the attacking threat. If McBean had have put that one away at the end, 3-1 would have been a fair result IMHO.
    Would like to see Welling do well. Just as long as Bromley do better!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Having been brought up in Welling, and lived at Bromley Common for 11 years - my loyalties are torn.
    Played at both grounds too.

But when I was a kid, Bexley United always had strong ex-Charlton player connections.
    Charlton legend John Hewie was player-manager, and Eddie Werge played on the wing.

And my first ever pint as a, erm......15 year old, was next door at the Guy Earl of Warwick.
    So as Wings now play at Bexley United's old ground full of my schoolboy memories .....it's come on you WINGS!
  • Options
    More Bexley United memories.

Dickie Wheeler, was the George Best lookalike creative midfield genius.

And Vic Akers was leftback, before breaking into the pro game at Watford.
    And managing the hugely successful Arsenal Ladies team!
  • Options
    Will be there, taking the family and got a few mates gloing also. Looking forward to it, not been for a few years. I just really hope they survive, good luck.
  • Options
    So there's going to be more Charlton fans at Welling than Exeter this Saturday?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So there's going to be more Charlton fans at Welling than Exeter this Saturday?

Why don't you get down to Park View Road on Saturday, Sparrows?

You know you want to.
  • Options
    Oggy.. I went out with Dickie Wheeler in his Dartford FC days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Oggy.. I went out with Dickie Wheeler in his Dartford FC days.

"Oh, Dickie Wheeeeeeeler!"

Fanny, were you a WAG ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So there's going to be more Charlton fans at Welling than Exeter this Saturday?

The spanner raises a good point.

Surely on 4th September Charlton Athletic need Charlton Fans?