Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Exeter away - 4th Sept (pay on day)

Comments

• Sign a keeper- surely Robbie will be back in the side as he was on the bench the other day and I would assume it was more of a precaution why he did not play. Also Worner may not have had the best game but ffs he is 20 and his first league game- give the guy a chance!

Anyway, I am off to Exeter- got my student ticket a couple of weeks ago! Off on my tod though!
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]If we a sign a keeper today i will go.

The women of Kent will be devastated not to have the company of such an amiable and charismatic young man.
  • Ordered my ticket today - so I'll be there again.

Last season was a great day out in the sun, loads of beers, good people.

Buy your ticket now .....!!
  • went there and did it last season...certainly not doing it again despite it being an excellent weekend
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]went there and did it last season...certainly not doing it again despite it being an excellent weekend

Why not?
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]The walk from the ground to Exeter Central after just losing a bet (in the 94th min) that would of got me £400 seemed like forever :(

Seemed hilarious to me
    :-) Very unlucky though lol

Nice place, few nice places to drink - shiite ground.
  • Got my ticket! Hope that guy doesn't bend my ear for two hours like last year...'OI CHARLTON!! WE BUILT THIS CLUB WIV OUR BARE HANDS, YOU C..T' I smiled politely.
  • Going west for the weekend , staying at hotel in Torquay .
  • Just booked my ticket, I paid £46 in the end could of got it cheaper but I went first class on the way back. Getting posh in me old age.
  • Plan on going - will we be able to pay at the gate?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2010
    @ PaulSturgess......cause I have a bit more to my life than football, my away trips are few and far between now due to other committments......i.e children!
  • buzzing about this game, i live on the road next to the away end! COYR
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: matt88[/cite]buzzing about this game, i live on the road next to the away end! COYR[/quote]

Have you got a ticket or are you just going to look out of your window :0)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: matt88[/cite]buzzing about this game, i live on the road next to the away end! COYR[/quote]

Have you got a ticket or are you just going to look out of your window :0)

i have a ticket lol, and for the missus, though she thought the atmosphere was crap in the charlton end back in the april game, so hope theres more to shout about this time round!
  • Matt, can you recommend a pre-match pub?
  • erm, wells tavern on well street is probably the best bet, its the closest to the ground too and to st james park station. if not the victoria at top of vic street is good! would probably avoid duke of york if coming from town tho, never found it to be the most friendly place!
  • That's all the advice I need! Wear a big t-shirt with matt88 on it and I'll buy you a pint.
  • ISAW ...... are you going to Exeter again?
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: matt88[/cite] would probably avoid duke of york if coming from town tho, never found it to be the most friendly place!

that's where i'm going apparently. bugger.
  • Sold 602. No longer posting out. Last orders tonight.

Plenty of coach seats - will find out if they are selling terrace on the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• i rang them and they said they would sell any on the gate that Charlton send back. Capacity is 1100, so presumably Charlton willl send them back and they will be available on the day.
  • Exeter weather forecast for Saturday from Met Office:

Sat 4 Sept Day: Sunny 20 °C Wind ESE 16 mph Visibility:Very Good

Weather just like last season's game!
  • with some pay on the day, probably 700-750, not bad to be fair.....bloody long way !
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]with some pay on the day, probably 700-750, not bad to be fair.....bloody long way !

Still 50 miles nearer for you than Plymouth Argyle ....!
  • no way we'll say 100 - 150 on the day... more like 20 - 30
  • Confirmed they will sell on the day - pay at the turnstiles.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]ISAW ...... are you going to Exeter again?

Hello mate, hope you're keeping well.

Fraid not mate. Fran is in Brazil until mid September and I've just got back from the best part of a month in Spain spending like there's no tomorrow and am helping my g/f out with her house move this weekend. Just came at the wrong time unfortunately... Plymouth may be on though!! Look after yourself mate.
  • Cheers, Ross ......... see you at Argyle in October then!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]with some pay on the day, probably 700-750, not bad to be fair.....bloody long way !

Only a 2hr20 train journey. Not exactly Carlisle or Hartlepool.

Even our trip to Nottingham takes 2hrs on the poxy East Midland trains.

Decent trip away Exeter, we had to make do with a Tuesday night trip, wanted a weekend down there!
  • I was surprised as to how cheap and how short the train journey is, I paid a bit more than I needed to but still quite reasonable. My train gets in there about 11 O'clock which gives me a few hours to wander around, a decent away day I reckon. A shame so few of us are going to make the most of it.