Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Jonjo Shelvey - excellent in the first half - scored from a free kick.
  • Would you adam and eve it? JJ man of the match! Well done Jonjo!
  • Nooo missed
  • jonjo was very impressive, unlike his tattoos !!

• Did you see United had a better turn out at a reserve game than we did at Walsall!

• jonjo played very well from what i saw. liverpool had a few with 1st team experience (jonjo, cole, ngog and poulsen), the only man utd name i recognised was obertan.

a couple of the liverpool youngsters caught my eye, tom ince and steve irwin.

• I went on a tour of Anfield yesterday with work, and the tour guide told me Jonjo was 45 minutes late for the Braga match - beeping his horn behind him. Nice to see the whiteboard left up in the dressing room for the reserves yesterday with Jonjo playing one of 2 holding midfield roles. I hope he does well for them.
  • Jonjo wasn't at the Braga match he was out injured?
  • Linked to a season long loan with Bolton according to a few websites.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well dont you believe them, he aint going anywhere.
  • I thought it might be good for him. Getting a regular run out at a mid table team. 
  • Poor Jonjo, stuck in Liverpool for another year...
  • Well dont you believe them, he aint going anywhere.

I believe that he has just gone onto the pitch and in the 48th minute so it counts towards more money for us.  
  • Wee! Go Jonjo!
  • Looks to have grown. Filled out a bit.

Obligatory premiership tat as well.
  • Just played a sublime through ball for Suarez to notch up the fifth
  • good assist from jonjo for suarez goal 1-5 to liverpool
  • sharp isaw
  • well in jonjo
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's go Jonjo, let's go!
  • With only a few games left of the season I really hope that Jonjo is able to open his account.
  • fulham have got those silly 'clapper' things that we had
  • So when is the arse finally going to drop out of Fulham then and they slide back down to where they belong?

Every single year they are hopeless (apart from Woy's Wun last season) and yet they NEVER get relegated!

As you can tell I would shed many a tear!
  • Would like to see him with the U21s this year.
  • Looked pretty good in the last 20.
  • Always one of the most comfortable looking players on the pitch... He will go far but I've had enough of commentators forgetting us already.
  • It was mentioned when he came on that he was from Charlton's academy.

He looked totally comfortable and even one one of Liverpool's better players in the last half hour. Struggled to get into the game first 10 but then Kenny moved him into the middle he flourished. Has a bright future and would be gobsmacked if Liverpool loaned him out. He has impressed Daglish so much he is now way ahead of Cole and streets ahead of Poulson for a place.

Next year is likely to be another learning/bit player if gerrard is fit and liverpool buy Ashley Young, Charlie Adams or someone. Must be really hoping Liverpool can grab a Euro spot will give him more game opportunities.

Not next year but in 3 years could well a regular for Liverpool and in 4 for England. Excited for him but still more than a tinge of regret that he wasnt able to do it for us.

• On a side note, if Suarez carries on playing like he has so far, I can see him being compared to Ronnie and Messi in potential ability, the boy is top top notch. I was always surprised none of the superpowers of football took him on earlier to be honest. 

Oh and Maxi Rodriguez, where the hell have you been the past 18 months?!
  • Suarez has got the tenacity of Tevez but he's a bit more agile and a bit quicker and trickier.

Definitely a new PL star in the making.