Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

black prince in bexley

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]only old people allowed on this thread

Is that why you're on this thread tonight, NLA.......?

Hey, I'm really digging you out tonight, mate. Sorry!
  • Options
    mate my little un has got his pal over for a sleepover they are into the fuck knows how many game of fifa and i just want to go to bed but the feckas wont turn it off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]mate my little un has got his pal over for a sleepover they are into the fuck knows how many game of fifa and i just want to go to bed but the feckas wont turn it off

They won't mate. They'll keep going until they both conk out simultaneously, sometime after 2am.
    I know. Been there and all that.

So you might as well join in with the Old Feckers thread....... what do you know about Heads, Hands and Feet?
  • Options
    I ain't got a scooby

far to young the bloody kids r still goin
  • Options
    Just a couple more hours, NLA .... then they'll hit the wall and fall asleep.

Of course, they'll wake up at 6am in the morning.......desperate for munchies.

By lunchtime they'll be crabby and irritable, and total monsters - and you won't be able to do anything with them.
    You know what kids are like when they are don't get enough sleep, and are so tired they can't cope.

Coming your way.

;o)

Anyway, what do you know about the Pink Faries......?
  • Options
    Nope ain't got a clue about them either I am about to pull the plug on the ps3 nite bud
  • Options
    Mistrollingin.....Mid 60's was my time there too on Sunday nights. Loved it !

Think I saw The Drifters there too, or was it the Four Tops ?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sounds like a plan here.

If some of you play, why not get together & play some of these great tunes for the young un's?

Could be a good way of raising some dosh for the Club or Demelza???

Or have you done it before & i missed it?

I love listening to old tunes. Comes from being the youngest of five. Mind you, if you start playing country, i'll be out the door!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the tip Henry.......

You can tell it is an early tv programme as Plant introduces the band to the audience.......

I think this was the equivelent to the bbc inconcert by Swedish/Danish tv.

The Zep made a big thing about not appearing on british tv, I think it was that they did not want to appear on 'pop' programmes, although as session musicians they seemed to have appeared on half of the singles in the charts, especially Page and Jones, just prior to forming this band and being in the Yardbirds. Probably Peter Grant trying to market them to the rock audience, who could be rather 'elitist' ( myself included) You can find the concert on you tube called the lost tapes, which of course they are not!. Zep were not my favourite band, in fact I never saw them live......
    But were a favourite with my friends. As Sagalout will tell you I was always a Hendrix/Cream/Gallagher fan, but as a hard up art student I saw most of the bands at Woolwich Poly, Lyceum. Black Prince, which of course meant essentially supporting acts. like the Strawbs, Uriah heep, etc. The free concerts at Hyde park were wonderful, and of course free.
    Saga is a big fan of there's, but have to admit there music has grown on me over the last few years.

The Black prince had some great bands in there day, as used to be a regular rock spot around here.
  • Options
    Fecking art students (lol) - I went out and got a job! Saw Zep twice - Earls Court and Knebworth.

I was/am a huge fan of Zep and what Ken says is true, I love Free and particularly the guitar work of the late Paul Kossoff, who is my all-time guitar hero and the guy I'd most like to play like.... if you see what I mean like! I also love Cream, Hendrix, Gallagher, Thin Lizzy and early (Peter Green era) Fleetwood Mac.

I feel I should mention the Black Prince and say that as I don't come from round 'ere originally, I never saw anyone there. My local equivalent venue was the Greyhound in Croydon - I didn't go often, but did see Thin Lizzy there just after they'd released the Jailbreak album - shortly afterwards they got much too big to play such places.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a 'fecking art student', at Croydon, you were so spoilt you had the Fairfield Halls, the greyhound, the Cartoon, etc.......

I like to see myself as a 'torch bearer' for all the present day youth who now flock to higher education in there masses......

Of course in my days ( bore)....... you had to have more than 2 cornflake packets and a few 'doodles' to get into art college, just so you knew how to piss away all your full grant, discussing
    such topics as art appreciation, and performance art so 'essential' in everyday life. As I started as a shelf stacker, I will probably end my days as one......

Anyway the Black prince was a noteable venue in it's days......
  • Options
    Ah the Cartoon - a mate of mine was in a band that auditioned there - I decided to arrive fashionably late and was just in time to hear the guys being told they were crap and never to come back again!
  • Options
    My dad used to take myself & my brothers there on a Friday night in the 70's for the country & western nights.
  • Options
    Heads hands and feet - local boy Albert Lee on guitar, a true great, saw him at the Tramshed.
  • Options
    this Jimmy Hendrix bloke, wasn't he the Charlton physio under Lennie ?
  • Options
    Seen Albert Lee a few times and he is absolutely brilliant if you like fantastic guitar playing....warning, don't see him if you think you are a bit of a guitar player, because afterwards you'll just cut your wrists.
    Anybody remember the Harrow Inn at Abbey Wood (also saw the Fairies there), and the Crystal Palace Hotel (Fleetwood Mac, Atomic Rooster and others) another local lot were Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band, the Herd (early Peter Frampton), John Mayall, the Coloured Rasins, Goldsmiths used to do lots of gigs too, SE London has spawned a lot of music over the years, I am sure I've forgotten loads more.
  • Options
    Oggy Red 1 day ago quote# 13
    Also saw the Pink Fairies, Manfred Manns Earth Band, and others at the Falcon .....oppo Falconwood Station by the Rochester Way.

i remember the falcon, used to go there as well, what year were you going oggy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Seen Albert Lee a few times and he is absolutely brilliant if you like fantastic guitar playing....warning, don't see him if you think you are a bit of a guitar player, because afterwards you'll just cut your wrists.
    Anybody remember the Harrow Inn at Abbey Wood (also saw the Fairies there), and the Crystal Palace Hotel (Fleetwood Mac, Atomic Rooster and others) another local lot were Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band, the Herd (early Peter Frampton), John Mayall, the Coloured Rasins, Goldsmiths used to do lots of gigs too, SE London has spawned a lot of music over the years, I am sure I've forgotten loads more.

I saw Albert Lee last year (or was it the year before?!) - I was just glad I didn't have my guitar with me because I would've thrown it to the ground and stomped on it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]Oggy Red 1 day ago quote# 13
    Also saw the Pink Fairies, Manfred Manns Earth Band, and others at the Falcon .....oppo Falconwood Station by the Rochester Way.

i remember the falcon, used to go there as well, what year were you going oggy?
    Around 1971 and 1972. How old was I then, about 16
  • Options
    Black Prince on Sunday was t h e local Live Music gaff. Us lot needed the 401 last bus back to Bexleyheath Clocktower - this early departure played havoc when leaving the venue.

Black Prince - My strongest memory is of The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. The drummer was "unavailable" and they played without percussion - or Arthur's crowning glory - the Fire.

Harrow Inn Saw SuperTramp just a days after a rocktastic performance at the Marquee. The appearence at Abbey Wood attracted about eighteen punters - true professionals, they played the set and ended snarling - "We won't see this shithole again - GerNIght".

To this day, I believe they have been true to their word .....

The Roebuck, Lewisham There have been a coupla references to C and W music.

Anyone remember the Roebuck ? Top Bar and for some reason attracted nurses from The Brook and two other Hospitals on Shooters Hill. Must have been the 89 bus availabilty .......

Nostalgia IS what it used to be !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Black Prince on Sunday was [b]t h e [/b] local Live Music gaff. Us lot needed the 401 last bus back to Bexleyheath Clocktower - this early departure played havoc when leaving the venue.

[b]Black Prince -[/b] My strongest memory is of The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. The drummer was "unavailable" and they played without percussion - or Arthur's crowning glory - the Fire.

[b]Harrow Inn[/b] Saw SuperTramp just a days after a rocktastic performance at the Marquee. The appearence at Abbey Wood attracted about eighteen punters - true professionals, they played the set and ended snarling - "We won't see this shithole again - GerNIght".

To this day, I believe they have been true to their word .....

Rember the 401s and Bexley Village on a Sunday...... The 89s did not run did they, many a time I had to walk up Gravel hill as the future Mrs ken lived there......

Harrow Inn...... seemed a bit 'heavy' in there saw the groundhogs, I had a big black RAF longcoat, and shoulder length hair ( pre fecking art student days. saga) not on my manor and felt a bit 'vunerable' as they say. I heard that the Starrbucks used to run the place ... did not seem to much peace and love at that venue in 69.......
  • Options
    Last time I saw Albert Lee playing was at the Town Hall at Catford. Part of Bill Wyman's band. Yet another local lad, eh? Whoever started the Black Prince thread knows how to push a button, don't they? Anyone been to the Bear at Crayford lately?
  • Options
    Someone told me Albert Lee now lives near Eltham Park.
  • Options
    My mates band Scream Window used to sell the crtoon out when I was young young, like 14... I used to get in there carrying a couple of drums... good times...