Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit where credit is due...

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Phil Parkinson has done a fantastic job close season, IMHO, the type and quality of the players he has brought in has been excellent and to handle the biggest overhaul in the clubs history and come out the other side with a very strong first 11 is in my opinion very impressive.

And tonight he got all the key decisions spot on...

Starting Francis(set up first goal)
Keeping waggy on(scored second and set up third)
Bringing Solly on(scored thrid)

after another diffficult game, 35 mins of ten men, Parky gets a 10/10

Blinding!

Comments

• Options
    Spot on Mascot, spot on!
  • Options
    LOL

never

PARKY OUT
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and listenind to his post match interview.. how he builds up the side and gives credit to the team.... i like the way he gives a player a "carrot" pre-season and stating it is time for Solly and Waggy to push on this season. 2 games in and look at them and then he gives high praise to the pair of them.... and any "so called" controversial decisions he doesn't go mad like some slating refs etc.. he just bides him time makes a comment on what how he felt the ref could have handled it a different way.... I like to know how the "dogs" can he transform a club/team that was in its biggest trouble financially and change it completly around and get 2 winrs in 2 games and I am excited at seeing players like Martin, Waggy, Solly, Abbott (where has he been??) and co
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]and listenind to his post match interview.. how he builds up the side and gives credit to the team.... i like the way he gives a player a "carrot" pre-season and stating it is time for Solly and Waggy to push on this season.

how when he drops them after a mom performance
  • Options
    2 wins in 2 games with 10 men in both games mate !! You can't argue with that
  • Options
    so despite Francis creating the opener, and solly scoring the decider you think he called it wrong???
  • Options
    Other than the cross I didn't think Francis did much going forward, but he did well enough in defence which was his main duty.
  • Options
    Thought Francis looked a bit ropey at times, Orient were getting a biit of joy down his flank first half and his distribution was eratic at best.

Hopefully it's just a bit of ring rustiness though.
  • Options
    mascot88 agree with everything in your first post.

Not only did he get all the tactical decision correct, the signings he has made look brilliant - McCormack, Doherty, Abbott and Martin.

This is his team, rather than last year when he was managing Pardew's team.
  • Options
    Very early days but we look better going forward and at the back, great effort from Parky in constructing this side that try to play and have a fantastic team spirit. Nice touch from Spring at the end, he looked genuinely pleased for Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    He has had my full backing since early in last season!

Done a fantastic job given the circumstances, wouldn't trade him for anyone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Thought Francis looked a bit ropey at times, Orient were getting a biit of joy down his flank first half and his distribution was eratic at best.

Hopefully it's just a bit of ring rustiness though.

agree 100% apart from the cross thought he looked well ropey.for me solly is the man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]so despite Francis creating the opener, and solly scoring the decider you think he called it wrong???

yep i do and for the reasons i said earlier

answer this then

what did he see that was so good in Francis's performance midweek in a 4 -3 reverse when Francis was playing in his correct position,that outshone a home win no goals conceded, excellent distribution throughout by solly

it is irrelevant to me how francis played there was no justification to drop solly but on the subject of francisis defending when Doc missed the ball at the far post where was his covering fullback, oh yeah he wasnt there

when the ball was scuffed into our own box who did it

when we were looking to retain possesion down to 10 who lumped the ball forward to no one on more than one occasion..

Solly should have started end of, for parkinson to then state that it is up to solly nd waggy to prove to him why they should play what a load of bollox he showed you saturday why he should play yet he dropped him at the first opportunity poor mgr and always will be no time for younger players that are here already..

even one who gave him a man of the match performance the weekend before

what does that tell solly what does it tell any of the youngsters at our club
  • Options
    If only we can win our first six games of the season...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just for a minute then whilst reading the last but one post i thought we had lost.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Your entitled to your opinion...

personally I think Parky played it spot on...

and with the same anger and rage you have at him not playing Solly, I feel the same frustration that you cant give Parkinson any credit at all...

I often think its people not wanted to appear to have"lost" an argument on the internet as opposed to the actual content of a discussion...

either way couldnt give a stuff, Parkinson was fantastic tonight got it spot on as proved by the result, the assists, the subs, the tactics, the tight defensive structure, and the goalscorers...

and for that I am DEEEEELIGHTED!!

WEL DONE PHIL!!!
  • Options
    Francis still not quite fit imo.But he did get himself organised,or more importantly Wagstaff organised,to stave off any real threats.Stuck his boot in when needed.
  • Options
    Well said mascot
  • Options
    i am and so is everyone else

2nd time parkinson has shite on solly
  • Options
    answer me this mascot why did parky ask his best player last saturday to play out of position on tuesday as a in-experienced 20 year old as opposed to a seasoned pro. Bit unfair and a cop out imho.My old man came round tonite and asked when we scored the third where solly and waggy came from.Whe I said the youth team he said about feckin time.I can live with this division if i see players who come through the youth giving their everything.I said at the end of last season we need to build with the kids like Millwall did.It may take 3 or 4 years but the passion you get from the players will make it all worth it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky: Solly, you're good, but you're not that fucking good, but with my help and guidance you can become much better...

Solly: Thanks, Boss, I appreciate what you say and will do anything you say to help us get back up...

Parky: Good lad...
  • Options
    NLA, perhaps he realises that playing Solly and Waggy together doesn't do either of them any favours. I don't see how you can say Parky "shite on" Solly. It's not like Pards, who pointedly slated certain players to the press - didn't name names, but made it totally clear who he was going on about.
  • Options
    well looks like hes got his man managment spot on then becasue Solly rewarded him for dumping on him, with a goal... good times...
  • Options
    i imagine Solly knows he wasn't great on Tuesday, and so wasn't in the right frame of mind to start. Think like Waggy under Pardew, Parky has said his confidence was shot because of his management. Parky probably benched Solly to protect him.

And imo that's gone now though after finishing an awesome goal....
  • Options
    thought Francis was positionally poor and his passing poor. How can someone go from the best player last week to bombed out this week by a player who was poor in midweek. I don't understand it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]thought Francis was positionally poor and his passing poor. How can someone go from the best player last week to bombed out this week by a player who was poor in midweek. I don't understand it.

Parky said: "Young Chris Solly was exceptionally unlucky not to play tonight after his performance last week. I just felt that Tuesday's game took his toll on him and he needed to sit on the bench tonight. It was great for him to score that 3rd goal and kill the game off.”
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]answer me this mascot why did parky ask his best player last saturday to play out of position on tuesday as a in-experienced 20 year old as opposed to a seasoned pro. Bit unfair and a cop out imho.

Again your perfectly entitled to your opinion mate...

No worries, we all see things differently...

I for one am well excited about this divison this season and am looking forward to it, as last season was a great season I thought as well most enjoyable for years IMHO.

I could speculate thousands of different reasons, but whats the point, all I am highlighting is a fantastic job done by Parkinson tonight..

Well done PHIL!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Agreed, in about 8 months gone from hating to loving him. Now he has his own team we can really see what he can do.
    Still dont think its right the way he screams at the ballboys but if he gets us promoted, il let it go.

++ just found you on fifa forums i think lol
  • Options
    thats me....
  • Options
    Nicee, was trying to find out about 11 and recognised the user.

But anyway, forgot to say, seems hes got a good eye for good players, great transfers for us this window really.