Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC XI v Concord Rangers tonight

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
A CAFC XI are playing Concord Rangers tonight on Canvey Island @ 7.45pm. No idea how good the team we'll put out will be but maybe a Canvey Island lifer will pop along and give a report. Must have been organised very late in the day this fixture, as I've not seen it mentioned prior to today.

Comments

• Options
    From their OS:

Charlton Athletic have confirmed they will be bringing a strong squad to Thames road for tonights fixture 7.45pm KO.
  • Options
    Apparently we've told them we'll have around 8 first team players there.
  • Options
    Hastily arranged to assess Francis' fitness? Or give him some game time?
  • Options
    how late did they want to organise this? Still, im going to pop over. I doubt i'll know many of the players though.
  • Options
    It was announced on June 14th by Concord Rangers but sounds like we're sending a stronger squad than we originally planned. Look forward to your match report Folev! ;0)
  • Options
    Good opportunity for Abbott to get some game time with the rest of the lads and perhaps Parky wants one more look at Bauza.
  • Options
    Surely a final chance for the trialists including possibly Fortune and Bauza.
  • Options
    Fortune is gone I'm lead to believe.
  • Options
    Get us a programme Folev ;0)
  • Options
    Typical isn't it, I live 5 mins. away from Concorde and here I am stuck in some shitty hotel room attending a conference in Northampton!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the line up but not confirmed yet so don't shoot the messenger:

1 Conner Gough
    2 Simon Francis
    3 Carl Jenkinson
    4 Ben Davisson
    5 Jon Fortune
    6 Miguel Llera
    7 Bally Smart
    8 Alex Stavrino
    9 Lewis Perkins
    10 Tamer Tuna
    11Guillame Norbert
    12 Pape Gueye
    14 Conner Morris
    15 Tosan Popo
    16 Steven Camocho
    17 Morgan Fox
    18 Brandon Hall
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Norbert there again, didn't expect Fortune to be.
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]7 Bally Smart
    Trialist if true
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bally_Smart

South African winger or striker, played in Norwich's youth team and went on loan to MK Dons before returning to South Africa.
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]12 Pape Gueye
    Sounds like another trialist.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papa_Gueye

Senegalese defensive midfielder who has played in Ukraine for the last 6 years.

Rest of the subs are first and second year u18s.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bit miffed at the lack of publicity around this game. Aunt and uncle live 5 mins up the road so would have combined the two.

Why was this not made public?

Like the sound of the Senegal bloke. Metalist looked a good side against Everton in the UFEA cup and he has 100+ appearances for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Like the sound of the Senegal bloke. Metalist looked a good side against Everton in the UFEA cup and he has 100+ appearances for them.
    Not convinced by this on wikipedia though!

Combining great strength and fitness with excellent passing and heading ability he earned respect and love from FC Metalist Kharkiv fans soon enough as they attributed a personal chant "Papa is able to do everything, just give the time" to him.
  • Options
    Could be a pacey option to cover CB as well as being an option at CM and he looks a unit
  • Options
    Bally Smart - was he in a circus?
  • Options
    I'm more worried about how much time papa needs.
  • Options
    Gu eye ! ! ! Sounds like something nasty to me ;0)
  • Options
    Something is Lost in Translation i'm afraid, it is actually 'give him the time'. This because he has no watch or clocks in his house, as he has chronic Chronomentrophobia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever

What's the score
  • Options
    FFS, i would have gone i didnt know, I live on Canvey only just got in from playing football..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MattD[/cite]FFS, i would have gone i didnt know, I live on Canvey only just got in from playing football..

It's not too late ! You'll be able to catch the second half if you get a spurt on
  • Options
    Dinner just getting served up and I gotta go over stuff for theory test 2mo anyway
  • Options
    Just googled Pape ( and not Papa) Gueye and he is a young Bordeuax Striker.

I think it is more likely to be him
  • Options
    MattD = plastic

FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Just googled Pape ( and not Papa) Gueye and he is a young Bordeuax Striker.

I think it is more likely to be him

Fair play! Thought the other bloke sounded too good!
  • Options
    Cant be donee, Il be going Orient away to make up for it anyway.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Just googled Pape ( and not Papa) Gueye and he is a young Bordeuax Striker.

I think it is more likely to be him[/quote]

The other bloke seemed to good to be true!
  • Options
    No Mulley either. Assume we wont be persuing that one either. Shame, but I assume we cant afford gambles at the moment.