Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clean some seats and get a ticket

Comments

• Options
    Last time I remember having shiit on my seat first day of the season I threw it on the pitch at Ian Walker (I believe) of Leicester.... he started reading one of the shits though. :-)
  • Options
    Think its a great idea and something i've suggested a number of times over the last few years. Never doubt the willingness some supporters have to help their club. Little things like this help bring supporters closer to their club, and save on overheads in the process.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Think its a great idea and something i've suggested a number of times over the last few years. Never doubt the willingness some supporters have to help their club. Little things like this help bring supporters closer to their club, and save on overheads in the process.

Thanks AFKA saved me writing it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Whilst your're about it, why don't someone take a flymo and mow the lawn, better still take a ladder and some shammys and clean the windows too, and why not take a tin of Glitto and give Wor Sammy a quick rub down, he's looking more than a bit grubby these days...

What a way to run a football club, I ask yer...!!!

what is your problem with it ?, personally if I had the time I'd be down there like a shot. Unfortunately I don't at the moment, but I'm sure they'll be plenty of willing helpers with a bit of spare time on their hands.
  • Options
    I'll have to see how I'm fixed - might be there.

The club have obviously been listening to the new tory government - this is very "Big Society"!

I find it hard to believe that the savings on this would pay for more than about one day's pay for a decent striker, but I suppose every little helps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Whilst your're about it, why don't someone take a flymo and mow the lawn, better still take a ladder and some shammys and clean the windows too, and why not take a tin of Glitto and give Wor Sammy a quick rub down, he's looking more than a bit grubby these days...

What a way to run a football club, I ask yer...!!!

You see Charlton Athletic is not an ordinary football club, although we do clearly have some ordinary fans, mentioning no names..

Some of 'fans' just dont "get it", although its pretty simple, we save the club money ( hence a bit extra for wages for players) and we unite as fans and get some proper spirit in the fans back...
  • Options
    Well said, mascot
  • Options
    Serious question - would we be able to take a couple of cans down with us ?
  • Options
    well if your doing my seat, you can miss it if you want, dont ever sit down anyways
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Serious question - would we be able to take a couple of cans down with us ?

No, you could buy a couple of pints from the north stand bar, as long as you are not facing the pitch, it will be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE9.. first rule is never ask mate...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I find it hard to believe that the savings on this would pay for more than about one day's pay for a decent striker, but I suppose every little helps."

We've got 27,000 seats. Assuming it's possible to clean 60 seats an hour (which is doubtful) that's 450 hours work for one person. The minimum wage is £5.80 per hour, so that's an absolute minimum cost of £2,610 - without any mark-up, employer's NI. It could easily be double that or more in practice.

If we get 90 volunteers contributing five hours over a six hour day and it costs us a maximum of £10 per head in equipment, food on the day, opportunity costs in Legends and ticket revenue we would have got anyway, that's a cost of £900 and a minimum saving of £1,710.

At that rate your striker would be on £12k a week - not likely in the League One . . .
  • Options
    I've tried emailing through the link on the OS and also through my own personal email and it keeps being rejected.
  • Options
    3rd time lucky it went.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Hig[/cite]Its stupid how the insurance dosnt allow under 18s to help, so they can go there and watch the game put not clean their bloody seat?!
    Being the summer holidays they would have had loads more people down there helping out.
    I couldn't agree more, this screams out as something kids should be getting involved in.
  • Options
    Hmm going to put myself down for the Thursday. I’m on holibobs that week and maybe tie it in with the Charlton Life drinkies at the Meerkat Porter after, depends on how knackered I am.
  • Options
    I'm tempted to do that RedFraggle. Depends if i can get the time off work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I'm tempted to do that RedFraggle. Depends if i can get the time off work.

Ooh hope you can manage it. Would be nice to put a face to your name.
  • Options
    can I help paddy cut the grass?
  • Options
    Interestingly, during the summer that George Graham became the Manager at Arsenal I went with some friends (Arsenal fans) for a tour of Highbury and they had dozen's of fans painting, cleaning and doing odd jobs. The tour guide suggested that they were all there in exchange for a free season ticket. I doubt they only had to turn up just once or twice, but in response to RedZed333, if it's ok for the side that went on to win a coupld of league titles, its ok for us.

If I didn't have my 6 year old at home that week I'd have gone for a day ot two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Petition to remove the seats!
  • Options
    I'm all signed up, working nights next week so thought i should do it as i'm not doing anything during the day. I also only live a 3 minute walk from the ground so i'm going to have a stroll down on Tuesday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]"I find it hard to believe that the savings on this would pay for more than about one day's pay for a decent striker, but I suppose every little helps."

We've got 27,000 seats. Assuming it's possible to clean 60 seats an hour (which is doubtful) that's 450 hours work for one person. The minimum wage is £5.80 per hour, so that's an absolute minimum cost of £2,610 - without any mark-up, employer's NI. It could easily be double that or more in practice.

If we get 90 volunteers contributing five hours over a six hour day and it costs us a maximum of £10 per head in equipment, food on the day, opportunity costs in Legends and ticket revenue we would have got anyway, that's a cost of £900 and a minimum saving of £1,710.

At that rate your striker would be on £12k a week - not likely in the League One . . .

Ok, change it to a week's wages then - still a drop in the ocean - it ain't going to buy us the mythical "20 goals a season striker" that we're all agreed we need, but I did say that I suppose every little helps and I also said, work permitting, I will be there.
  • Options
    In the old days players cleaned the terraces and stands, it was part of their job, wonder how many you will spot doing the same next week...

I'll be at the match on Saturday, God help the club if there's even the tiniest bit of fox shite on my seat...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]In the old days players cleaned the terraces and stands, it was part of their job, wonder how many you will spot doing the same next week...
    It was definitely part of a players apprenticeship, along with cleaning boots and collecting autographs for fans. It must have been a good way to keep their ego's in check.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]In the old days players cleaned the terraces and stands, it was part of their job, wonder how many you will spot doing the same next week...
    It was definitely part of a players apprenticeship, along with cleaning boots and collecting autographs for fans. It must have been a good way to keep their ego's in check.
    Yep and then those bloody law makers came along and said humiliating apprentices was bad practice. Damn those human rights extremists...
  • Options
    seats at the front of the North Upper get covered in bird poo for sure.
  • Options
    " Look after the pennies...." as Saga Lout was saying.
  • Options
    I'm going to do it.

And with all the crap i collect am going to dump it all on RedZeds seat.

Hate to think of him not having something to complain about.

;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Would be like a busmans holiday for me that would.. serious point I hope the club will send down a few players to pitch in to show some heart and good way to win back some spirit and closes the gap between player and paying supporter. Think I saw on ssn a team in our league had a tidy up day and most off the first team and staff pitched in painting and cleaning makes a club unite.