Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Song That No-one Dislikes

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Rolf does my nut in...

London Calling - The Clash
    Good call!
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Dislike enjoy the silence.
    You don't count. Poxy spanner :)
    It's quite slow and never really gets going. It sounds like a bloody Smiths song with euro beats. Don't like.
  • Surfin Bird!
  • Surf City - Jan & Dean
    The Look of Love - Burt Bacharach
    Echo Beach - Martha & The Muffins
    No woman no cry - Bob Marley
    Love will tear us Apart - Joy Division
  • It's gotta be Valley Floyd Road :)

Serious note, pretty much anything by The Drifters, or Singing in the Rain?
  • So let me get this right. I just name a load of songs I like and ignore the rules of the game do I?

Apologies to the person who started this thread. Nice idea, but unfortunately most people are stupid.

Now then, how about "The sun has got his hat on"?
  • Children
    Robert Miles

No words to dislike, a proper rockin' pumpin' tune.
  • Rockin all over the world - status quo
    Like a rolling stone - Bob Dylan

Surely there is nothing wrong with these songs.
  • How about everyone reads the rules and we start this again, good idea for a game Stig
  • yeah start again properly
  • edited July 2010
    Some of us have been playing 'properly' the whole thread through. Closest we've got is 'Enjoy the Silence' (apart from some random spanner and a bloke with DiCanio as his profile pic) and 'Bittersweet Symphony'
  • Sponsored links:

• IAIA
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Some of us have been playing 'properly' the whole thread through. Closest we've got is 'Enjoy the Silence' (apart from some random spanner and a bloke with DiCanio as his profile pic) and 'Bittersweet Symphony'

But both of those are gone.
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Imagine and Redemption Song bore the arse off me (ditto anything by the Verve).
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Surfin Bird!
    Good call.

Stairway?
    Paint it Black?
    I Wanna Be Sedated?
    One in a Million?
    Born to Lose?
    Badadada badadada bada da da da da?
    Chelsea Dagger?

I cannot see why any person in possession of a soul wouldn't love Trouble by Shampoo. But to be fair many people tell me this is insane. I couldn't give a good f**k either way.
  • [cite]Posted By:Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]& you lot slagged of Stuwall for what was admittedly a rather thick and continued stupid rambling of madness about his season ticket when about 90% of you have failed to read and follow the rules of one of the simplest games going!!
    Genuine Millwall legend.

I'd like to apologise on behalf of my fellow Haddocks for any offence caused to our more thoughtful and rule abiding neighbours.

But, don't start a sentence with "and".
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Dislike enjoy the silence.

Marvin Gaye - Heard it Through the Grapevine

Or Otis, Sitting on Dock of the Bay

Al Wilson - The Snake

Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure

Don't know of anyone who dislikes them....there will be a first though!

I don't like agreeing with scumwall cack, but there are 3 excellent shouts in there, especially Al Wilson

Bittersweet Symphony is good

Mr Brightside is good

Happy Hour by the Housemartins is good

Most of the beatiful south back catalogue is good

My one I find people always like is New England by Billy Bragg
  • valley floyd road!
  • Don't dislike most of those that have yet to be dissed, but anyone who didn't jump straight from 12-20 must like Teenage Kicks - surely?
  • edited July 2010
    Roxy Music - Lets Stick Together

Note to IA: Bingo discos not my scene lol. Fatback Band "I Found Lovin" is undoubtedly a massive tune from the 80s and liked by all ages trust me but like i said you cant please everyone all the time, its impossible
  • CHGCHG
    edited July 2010
    Al Green - Lets Stay Together?
    Massive Attack - Unfinished Symphony?
    James Brown - I Fell Good?
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Massive Attack - Unfinished Symphony?

prefer Teardrop.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Massive Attack - Unfinished Symphony?

prefer Teardrop.

Good tune but listened too under the influence you could end up harming yourself.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you really want to mess your head up chuck it into a cocktail of Radiohead
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

prefer Teardrop.

Yep, their new album is amazing also, but I thought I would go with the classic, didn't it get song of the millenium on radio 1?
  • superstition - never known anyone to hate that.
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

prefer Teardrop.

Yep, their new album is amazing also, but I thought I would go with the classic, didn't it get song of the millenium on radio 1?

Not too sure mate but that along with Chicane - Saltwater, really make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!
  • 3 pages in and i am none the wiser some one do a spread sheet what song have we come up with that everyone likes

Confused from enfield
  • The funny thing is Sparrows Lane Lion is the main culprit of this going tits up by listing 5 songs at once.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The funny thing is Sparrows Lane Lion is the main culprit of this going tits up by listing 5 songs at once.

It had long gone pear shaped before I gave up and listed 4 songs....don't try and shift this on to me!

(Sent you a whisper thingy as well yesterday, you've either missed it or ignoring it.....)
  • defo sparrows fault
  • 3 pages in and people still don't get it.

*shakes head and decides to go to Into the Valley to read some moaning
  • Save me Jebus. At least get the titles right. It's Unfinished Sympathy, not Symphony.

But yes, it's a good shout - that's an awesome track. Though if we're using that as a yardstick, then 'Mysterons' (Portishead) or Massive Attack's own 'Angel' are more likely candidates I think - Shara Nelson's voice gets on a lot of people's tits, but I don't klnow anyone who doesn't love Beth Gibbons or Horace Andy.