Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Konchesky

Hodgson to take PK to Liverpool according to SSN

Liverpool Forum

Comments

• Saw last night they needed a left back, thought that might happen.
  • No way is he good enough.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]No way is he good enough.

He's probably better than Insua, who he would be replacing.

I've heard them linked with Figueroa as well.
  • Jagoo "what position does he play?" displaying a great knowledge of the game.
  • Blimey, first shelvey now konch.

Who next for Liverpool ? Yul Brynner and Pierre Luigi Collina ???
  • I've heard they're thinking of taking Ketman on loan?
  • danny murphy and francis jeffers?
  • a Fulham friend of mine thought that Hodgson had a 'hands off Fulham players' clause written into the compensation deal done with Liverpool.
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]a Fulham friend of mine thought that Hodgson had a 'hands off Fulham players' clause written into the compensation deal done with Liverpool.

I read that, but if the money is good enough they'll go.
  • Clause? What clause? If that is so he can't moan about Benitez can he? Konch signing today for Liverpool.
    Hodgson will be gone by Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• I love Konchesky, wholehearted decent honest player who never let us down, if he get's a chance to play for Liverpool then good luck to him, it's about time Liverpool had some players with a bit of grit.
  • I thought he wanted to play for Manchester United?
  • if only he could kick a ball with his right foot he might be worth the money
  • PK will battle for a starting place at LPool. It will at least keep the LB position competitive between them. I will enjoy watching PK playing for LivPool knowing that he came out of CAFC youth system
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I love Konchesky, wholehearted decent honest player who never let us down, if he get's a chance to play for Liverpool then good luck to him, it's about time Liverpool had some players with a bit of grit.

Can't say I feel the same - after his move to West Ham I was at our away game and did not appreciate his goal celebration - designed to incite the Charlton fans. I didn't think there was any need for it - he was well liked when he was with us - just made me think he was an ar$e - we gave him his start in the game and deserved better from him.
  • edited August 2010
    Fulham's replacement (the Mexican left back, Salcido) is a better player than Konchesky. Cracking deal for Fulham. Obviously want Konch to be successful at Liverpool but can't help but think it's a signing that won't actually make them that much better, and further backs up the view that they're quite some distance from being the fourth best team in the league, which is all they're fighting for in all honesty.
  • I thought the Mexican left back was the best player at the world cup to be honest.

Real threat overlapping and didn't get skinned
  • the mexican lad is actually a poor player yes he had a great world cup but he has been poor for psv for the past 2 seasons
  • Not quite sure what you mean by "actually a poor player yes he had a great world cup".......?

That's quite a contradiction. Obviously the lad can play, if he's held down a place at PSV for 2 seasons.
    And his World Cup performance confirmed this.
  • [cite]Posted By: steve123[/cite]the mexican lad is actually a poor player yes he had a great world cup but he has been poor for psv for the past 2 seasons

Must admit I haven't seen him week in week out for PSV. If he's been poor fair enough. But looked very good against England at Wembley and at the World Cup. Close to 80 odd caps for Mexico can't be scoffed at either.
  • Sponsored links:

• if he was so good do u think he would have gone to fulham for 1.2 million

and buying players on world cup form is not a good idea at all
  • [cite]Posted By: steve123[/cite]

Especially if they're English!!
  • very true haha
  • PSV made a huge loss last financial year (like many Dutch clubs) so were probably not in much of a position to haggle. GBP 1.2m is decent money over here!
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I thought the Mexican left back was the best player at the world cup to be honest.

Real threat overlapping and didn't get skinned
    Certainly best full back...

IMO you'll always pay a lot more for domestic transfers because the TV money means that sides like Fulham can hold out for deals that the likes of Dutch teams can't.

I know it's only Wiki but he doesn't sound awful. He's got a number of appearances in the CL and has been at two world cups (Paul has not played in either of those tournaments), so it's not like he's popped out of nowhere.
    His first season with PSV was excellent, playing as a starter in 33 of 34 league games, where Salcido was Champion in his first season with PSV. In total Salcido played 48 Eredivisie and UEFA Champions League games, finishing 46 of them. From 2007, Salcido has worn the number 3 jersey, which was previously worn by Michael Reiziger, as he does with his National Team. Along with receiving the number 3 jersey he was also named the team Vice-Captain [3] after Timmy Simons was promoted to team Captain following the departure of former captain Phillip Cocu. Salcido in his second season as a starter, played 33 games in the Dutch League, and 6 games in the Champions League. In his third season with the club he played 28 games in the Dutch League scoring two goals
  • [cite]Posted By: steve123[/cite]if he was so good do u think he would have gone to fulham for 1.2 million

I don't really agree with either of those statements. Plenty of good players move to fairly average clubs, and I don't think he's "so good", I just think it's likely that he's better than Paul Konchesky.

And I'm sure that most players who play well at World Cups are pretty good for their clubs as well. Far more cases that way round than the other.
  • Konchesky is solid enough in defense, but going forward and his general distribution is quite poor, not the worst player to have to bring off the bench, especially to see a game out, just not exactly gonna set Anfield alight.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I thought the Mexican left back was the best player at the world cup to be honest

Best player at the world cup? Or do you mean best left back?
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I love Konchesky, wholehearted decent honest player who never let us down, if he get's a chance to play for Liverpool then good luck to him, it's about time Liverpool had some players with a bit of grit.

Can't say I feel the same - after his move to West Ham I was at our away game and did not appreciate his goal celebration - designed to incite the Charlton fans. I didn't think there was any need for it - he was well liked when he was with us - just made me think he was an ar$e - we gave him his start in the game and deserved better from him.

As I wasn't at that match (on Holiday at the time) I can't comment on the celebration you mention, I was basing my opinions on his service to the club which I felt was decent, what did he do then?
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I love Konchesky, wholehearted decent honest player who never let us down, if he get's a chance to play for Liverpool then good luck to him, it's about time Liverpool had some players with a bit of grit.

As I wasn't at that match (on Holiday at the time) I can't comment on the celebration you mention, I was basing my opinions on his service to the club which I felt was decent, what did he do then?

As I remember it, he ran the length of the away stand pumping his fist and kissing his badge. Totally out of order in my view.