Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling Roll Call

WSSWSS
edited July 2010 in General Charlton
Everyone doing the standard of staying in the pub?

Comments

• Options
    No im washing my hair
  • Options
    Sadly its come a week to early for me, don't get paid till next week so no welling for me, honestly can't say I'm that botherd have gone nearly every year for 15 years and can hardly recall 2 or 3 good wins for us either bore draws like last year or we lose. Shame there is no home friendly, they could easily have put a clause in shelvey or baileys deals for a home friendly with the away team covering costs.
  • Options
    I'll be there - not going to see a win but to see how the trailists play.............don't forget the legendary Martin Christenson made his one & only appearance at Park View Road
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I'll be there - not going to see a win but to see how the trailists play.............don't forget the legendary Martin Christenson made his one & only appearance at Park View Road

You obviously wasn't there when he graced the Valley turf vs Braga for 10 minutes

I was B-)
  • Options
    Got my ticket.....
    Looking forward to it, in the past there has been too many changes to the team and that has made the occassion a bit of a frustration for the fans.

A couple of local lads playing in the Welling team, so be good to see them against Charlton, and I think they will be up for it.

Hope our lot seem more positive than the reports of the Wimbeldon match on Saturday, not worried about the result, but be good to see some decent performances.
  • Options
    definately....only a 5 min walk and a few pints in my local (Rose and Crown)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tommy Whitnell, Kane Rice, Jack Parkinson played for Welling against Herne Bay,( a few days ago) My lads used to play with these guys when they were 15/16. Whitnell is ex Millwall academy, Kane Rice was an Irish International schoolboy, and Jack Parkinson was an excellent player at Cray Valley youth. Be interested to see how they play against our youngsters/fitness etc....
  • Options
    I'm going. Wasn't going to but been persueded by the fact the mother in law is staying at the moment. Expect to see a few triallists plus Docherty, Jackson and the two signings being made today ;-)
  • Options
    Will decide tomorrow.

OS article says Parky hinted that Jackson and Doherty will play against Welling.
  • Options
    I'll be there. Never sure if this fixture is the start of the new season or the beginning of the end of the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely going. Fingers crossed it won't rain this time. Was horrible last season!
  • Options
    x 2 signing in. Got 2 sitty down tickets, tartan rug and thermos gone awol. Might be forced to have a pint instead.............. life is so tough sometimes.
  • Options
    last time I went to Welling I saw Cory Gibbs play!

Can't do this season's match
  • Options
    Missing it for the first time in ages, cos its on a Tuesday, cant do Tuesday's!!
  • Options
    I'm going to be there, is it necessary to get tickets beforehand?

Also anyone Knowledgeable on what the parking situation is like at the ground itself, or the surrounding roads?
  • Options
    Should be there... my old coach captains welling
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Markive[/cite]I'm going to be there, is it necessary to get tickets beforehand?

Also anyone Knowledgeable on what the parking situation is like at the ground itself, or the surrounding roads?
    I've only gone the last two years, but both times parked in one of the roads not to far from the ground, and got tickets on the day.

Might be different if you want a seat, but if you are happy standing tickets shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    Alway's parked a litle away from the ground as 2 men and a dog bring Welling to a standstill at the best of times!..... at least in traffic flow management terms, so best to leave the car a little away from the ground, on the direction you want to return, probably quicker anyway!
  • Options
    I'll be there, along with a Plymouth and Palace fan
  • Options
    How many years until this fixture is a money spinner for us and Welling are above us in the leagues ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Markive[/cite]I'm going to be there, is it necessary to get tickets beforehand?

Welling said (last Thursday) that there was no prob. getting standing tickets on the day, it was only the seated tickets that were in short supply.
  • Options
    How much?! I'll keep my money for the first real game of the season.
  • Options
    I was going to go but it gets more of a pain in the arse to get parked up each year so I don't think I'm going to bother now.

That and I haven't got any money so nerrr
  • Options
    Parking tip, park anywhere Northdown Road side (nr Kenmere Rd / Hazeldene Rd) and there's an underpass under the Railway line...less than 5 mins to the ground down Clifton Rd

All street parking but no residents parking scheme
  • Options
    Can't be there, as it's a slep from East London through that damn tunnel ... :)
  • Options
    reckon it will be the lowest crowd in living memory for this fixture. Apathy prevails at the moment.
  • Options
    Bloomin weather!
  • Options
    Not the traditional first match...

Its raining...

Half the youth team are playing...

Lets get the away support excuses in early this year eh :)
  • Options
    Was going to go, but pre season training has reared it's ugly head again.