Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany: 27th June 2010.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Is there any evidence that the FA, PL, Sky or anybody puts pressure on the England manager to pick the "stars"?

Okay then, what was Beckham doing there then for example? Not playing nor on the coaching staff. Did you see anyone elses bench with a non playing, non coaching person on it?

Maybe it was Capello's idea but I think more likely that someone from the FA thought having DB around would be good for their "product" and the chances of getting the WC played here. Not his fault we lost of course but a symptom IMO of how we are putting image and money over the quality of our football.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't think England will EVER win the World Cup because their egotistical players get paid way too much money and do not give a flying f*ck about England. As soon as they get back home they will have a nice hol with the wags and then go back to "work" in a few months time "earning" £150,000 per week playing football. Winning the World Cup is just a "bonus" to them!

Germany kicked our arses yesterday and they will probably lose to the Argies 3-0. I knew how bad we was after the draw with the USA and i straight away knew that we haven't got a chance in hell of winning the World Cup. We are probably the same level as South Korea or the USA - Very average!

Im gonna put my England shirt back in the Wardrobe and probably won't wear it again until Euro 2012 (if we qualify!). I've had the same shirt for years now as I don't believe in giving any more of my hard earned cash to those utter wankers!
  • Options
    "Tired Players ?"

I give you Dirk Kuyt:
    Played (nearly) every minute for the Red scouse last season & still running..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]he was given so much great service wasn't he ? typical english tradition of when things go wrong dig out the most talented. Rooney was given 1 Ball of note in 4 games when the keeper made a good save against slovenia.But hey ho he's the easy option.During the entire worldcup he had to come into midfield to recieve the ball as we didn't have a midfielder to play a telling pass and haven't since gazza which is embarrassing.

He's quite clearly our best player. But his performances were quite clearly the worst. That's why he's getting dug in to. You're right, he did have to drop deep to get the ball. Problem was - and I say this without exaggeration - when he did come and get the ball, 90% of the time he gave it away again... Mis-controlled it, under-hit pass, over-hit pass, got it trapped between his feet...

There wasn't even a glimpse of the real Rooney in that tournament. He was an absolute joke. And like Leroy I'm convinced he was injured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]he was given so much great service wasn't he ? typical english tradition of when things go wrong dig out the most talented. Rooney was given 1 Ball of note in 4 games when the keeper made a good save against slovenia.But hey ho he's the easy option.During the entire worldcup he had to come into midfield to recieve the ball as we didn't have a midfielder to play a telling pass and haven't since gazza which is embarrassing.

What are you talking about?

I'm not digging out the most talented - I'm digging out our greatest liability of the tournament.

Should I add a 'FACT' NSS? It seems I'm not the only one to think he was absolutely crap - he gave away possession more than any other player on the pitch. We couldn't have done worse with ten men.
  • Options
    Video technology confirms england are very bad at football
    I particularly liked this bit:
    Meanwhile, central defender John Terry finally arrived back in England's 18-yard box last night only to find that everyone else had gone home