Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul McCartney to buy Charlton?

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Couldnt find this story anywhere else on here, apologies if it is...but have just heard a rumour through the facebook group that apparantly a consortium headed by Paul Mccartney is looking to buy Charlton!

Comments

• Options
    great news
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Lol sure I read that on football rumours, think someone on here posted it to the rumours website to prove they would allow anything to be put up.
  • Options
    I heard that rumour Yesterday.

please Let It Be true...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Couldnt find this story anywhere else on here, apologies if it is...but have just heard a rumour through the facebook group that apparantly a consortium headed by Paul Mccartney is looking to buy Charlton!

It's true, the rumour was started yesterday.
  • Options
    whoooooooosh
  • Options
    Do you think its because we helped make The Mull of Kyntire a famous song?
  • Options
    Fug me, people are definitely getting thicker or more gullible.

I think that ash cloud dropped a load of stoopidity powder in certain areas.
  • Options
    This club needs needs a Revolution. We need to Come Together and Get Back the glory days.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Maybe, I'm amazed
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Red Paul gives you Wings

Can see the headlines now if he takes over and we get promoted " Charlton hailed as the new Beat'alls"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yesterday,
    All my troubles seemed so far away,
    Now it looks as though Izale McLeod's here to stay,
    Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
    IWe're not half the team we used to be,
    There's a shadow hanging over the valley,
    Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why Curbs
    Had to go I don't know, he wouldn't say.
    I said,
    Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
    Football was such an easy game to play,
    Now I need a place to hide away,
    Oh, I believe in yesterday.
  • Options
    Congratulations, you are data in an experiment started yesterday right here on Charlton life.

Reminds me of an experiment started by a researcher who started a rumour that 'we swallow ten spiders a year in our sleep' and put it on the internet.

Within a week, colleagues were authoritatively telling her this worrying, but cast iron 'fact'!

Unfortunately, some people seem to think this Macca rumour has 'Wings'.

I'll get my coat....
  • Options
    to be fair far we do need some Help, but in time, All Things Must Pass and we will Get Back to the Premiership.
  • Options
    No more lonely night Games.
  • Options
    LMFAO ROFL and all that!
  • Options
    Perhaps Macca can come on a magical mystery tour of L1 grounds with us next season?
  • Options
    I heard this is true, and his plans include the team running out to 'We all stand together' instead of Red, Red Robin.
  • Options
    "It's Getting Better All the Time, (can't get no worse)".

Don't forget - there's 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.
  • Options
    *thumbs aloft*

Make this thread a sticky.
  • Options
    love the new Yesterday BFR.

At least some people will be glad that with a new board the old band will be on the run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it was Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, with the Curbs brothers involved, that might be believable.
  • Options
    It would be music to our ears.

Soon though, the only person who wouldn't have heard of this 'takeover' bid, would be .....erm, Paul McCartney himself.

Somebody break the news to him gently.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think if Mr McCartney were to read that website then he would realise that it is like everything else on there- total and utter tosh made up by various people for a chuckle and to be taken with several vats of salt the only thing missing is the April 1st tag such is the implausability of it! I presume that the panel of experts who vet the traffic for the site are less than 'Expert'.
  • Options
    ahahahaha
  • Options
    it was true... yoko ono was also involved, but the deal collapsed because they couldn't agree on the name of the consortium.

oh well.. live and let die
  • Options
    HELP we need somebody
    HELP not just anybody
    wont you please please HELP US.
    Be great if true i hope WE CAN WORK IT OUT
    And he is not just going to be a DAYTRIPPER.
    I will get my coat.
  • Options
    This rumour keeps appearing Here There and Everywhere.
    It's just Another Day
  • Options
    i think we need to exercise some Prudence here....
  • Options
    Parky's first signing was to be stephen Ireland but Macca insisted we give him back to the Irish
  • Options
    any more beatles songs left.

iv got one...where is izale, he's a real nowhere man