Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Squad

Comments

• Options
    Rio confirmed out now.

KO
  • Options
    Carragher or King to partner Terry then.
  • Options
    Heskey did it?!!
  • Options
    So who is now Captain?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]So who is now Captain?

Gerrard.
  • Options
    Gerrard
  • Options
    Emile Ivanhoe Hesky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having a laugh should be Emil McTavish Hesky.
  • Options
    lets hope he does the decent thing and boards the first fight back to heathrow.
  • Options
    With Rio out so ends England's chances of a decent showing this world cup. We only have Three players anywhere near world class he was one of them.
  • Options
    Crouch has 17 goals in 18 starts - that is world class at international level
    Only 4 goals in 20 subs appearances though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hasnt been playing for Man Utd consistently enough this season, and has been an injury worry for weeks really. Not too concerned as i think King and co are still good enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Crouch has 17 goals in 18 starts - that is world class at international level

You are joking of course Crouch & World class in same Sentence.

Only Gerrard & Rooney of our current squad are anywhere near world class.
  • Options
    Not saying he is world class player, just saying that his goalscoring stats are world class.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Crouch has 17 goals in 18 starts - that is world class at international level

I get the feeling your missing out the Chelsea trio on purpose. JT, Cole & Lamps are all helmets, but still world class.
    Name me two better left-backs than AC?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Apart from Ashley Cole probably the best left back in the world (certainly in the top 3), Terry captain for the English champions and Lampard scorer of 20 goals a season since god knows when. If any of those became available you'd have the likes of Barca, Real, Inter, AC etc scrambling after them so they're definitely world class.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Kets

although i agree Rio is world Class he has been no way in form heading into this world cup and TBH i think he has not played a good game all season, i would hope to see Dawson board the plane and join JT at the back i would then drop Ledley infront of the pair of them, play

James
    Cole Terry Dawson Carragher
    King
    BarryGerrard Lampard
    Crouch Rooney

this is how my world cup team would line up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Kets

although i agree Rio is world Class he has been no way in form heading into this world cup and TBH i think he has not played a good game all season, i would hope to see Dawson board the plane and join JT at the back i would then drop Ledley infront of the pair of them, play

James
    Cole Terry Dawson Carragher
    King
    BarryGerrard Lampard
    Crouch Rooney

this is how my world cup team would line up

Nothing like a bit of pace....
  • Options
    i dont think we have the strength in the squad to start with pace, i do feel that should we need to attack the game then you could bring on the width in lennon and SWP Defoe but bar those 3 where is there pace in the england team,

Cole could push on left if required and is no slouch, but the team is aging so we should look to grind the results out, i dont anticipate any thing exciting from this team but to be very workman like and methodical just like cappello and i believe that this will do us well gungho will not win us the world cup
  • Options

If Crouch is a World Class player then so am I. Will get you goals against the Algerias of this world and that's why he's there I suppose but wouldn't expect to see too much of him after the first round.

Never been a fan of Rio's either TBH but was probably our best chance of keeping Messi, Ronaldo, etc under control.
  • Options
    My team for the opening game:
    James
    Johnson Terry King A.Cole
    Lampard Barry
    (if fit, otherwise king in and carragher at centre back)
    Lennon Gerrard J.Cole
    Rooney
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't put King anywhere near our defence he is a liabilty in fact i wouldn't have him anywhere near the team

****************James******************
    Johnson***Terry*** Carragher*** Cole
    ******************Carrick*****************
    ***********Lampard*********************
    *********************Gerrard************
    Lennon**********************************Cole
    *******************Rooney*********************
  • Options
    anyone except james

johnson terry carragher cole
    Barry
    lampard Gerrad

Lennon
    Rooney
    Crouch
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I wouldn't put King anywhere near our defence he is a liabilty in fact i wouldn't have him anywhere near the team

be honest your a hammer who fell in love with charlton

what the feck do you know

;-p
  • Options
    hold onmate Wet Spam won the World Cup in 1966.
  • Options
    Play King in the USA game, that's the one that needs winning, you could get away with Upson and Terry in the other two games, and then against the Aussies or Germans you take another look at it.

Dawson is too like Terry to put them together as a pair
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Play King in the USA game, that's the one that needs winning, you could get away with Upson and Terry in the other two games, and then against the Aussies or Germans you take another look at it.

Dawson is too like Terry to put them together as a pair

exactly what I said to the fella in work, win the first game and then King can take a break.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I wouldn't put King anywhere near our defence he is a liabilty in fact i wouldn't have him anywhere near the team

be honest your a hammer who fell in love with charlton

what the feck do you know

;-p

The team i've picked could win the world cup. Put king in it and they wont win anything, by the way i know bloody loads about football. How did the tour go? Text me you ignorant fecker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I wouldn't put King anywhere near our defence he is a liabilty in fact i wouldn't have him anywhere near the team
    Is King any worse than Carragher? I still see things about how good King would be if he could stay fit. Carragher I just hear how he's not the player he was and has lost a bit of pace (not that he had loads anyway).

Don't watch either of them enough so don't really know. Surely not much between them?
  • Options
    Hart will be no 1 from as soon as he is given the chance until he retires. Proper keeper, none of this dodgy unconvential bollocks you get from the likes of James and Green.
  • Options
    ******************Green*****************
    Gerrard**********************************Cole
    ***********Crouch********Rooney************