Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Squad

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Rumour that Walcott is out and carrick in, J Cole In, Johnson out, Wright Philips In.

Comments

• Options
    No Walcott, Bent or Adam Johnson, Carrick in
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Huddlestone, Parker, Dawson and Baines are the other 4 I reckon.
  • Options
    Keep an eye on Twitter cause it leaking out on there.

Out - Bent, Johnson, Walcott
    in - Joe Cole, Carrick (waste of space)
  • Options
    Baines, Dawson, Parker and Huddlestone are out.

No official announcement yet, just leaking slowly out, what a come down for Walcott
  • Options
    Warnock reportedly in !!!!!
  • Options
    personally I don't think we need a replacement left back for A Cole as Carragher or Milner could fill in if needed.
  • Options
    Sounds like King out and Dawson in.
  • Options
    heard from someone at work that walcott flew off to the caribean this morning,dont know how true it is
  • Options
    Stephen Warnock has to be the luckiest player around
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Sounds like King out and Dawson in.

King injured himself answering the phone to Capello, who then had to call Dawson back to tell him he's in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not luckier than Dawson surely.
  • Options
    Heskey over Bent.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]personally I don't think we need a replacement left back for A Cole as Carragher or Milner could fill in if needed.

Milner or Carragher at left back?! Can you imagine what would happen if we play Argentina/Portugal with Messi/Ronaldo on the right wing?

Absolutely gutted for Benty.

1. It's taken 5 seasons for Emile to score as many goals as DB has scored this season.
    2. Heskey has a worse international goalscoring record than Rene Heguita and Jose Chilavert.
    3. If Heskey had been playing up front for Sunderland instead of Bent this season, they would've got relegated LOCKED ON FACT.
  • Options
    Very sorry for Benty.
    He couldn't have done more this season.
    His face just doesn't fit with England.

Never mind, Heskey has been on fire this season and is bound to be a more than capable replacement isn't he?
    ;-)

Oh dear.
  • Options
    What a joke this whole process has been.

Couldn't we do what everyone else did and announce the squad 2 weeks ago?

No instead we have to have a media frenzy on who's in and out. It's like watching X Factor.
  • Options
    We have put very much all our eggs in the Rooney basket for some time now. We are finished if anything happend to him whether Benty was on the plane or not (and he should have been IMO).

Would not blame Bent for one moment if he were to remove hmself from consideration from future squads but I suspect he'll still be back for another kick in the proverbials.
  • Options
    Heskey and Rooney have been an excellent pairing in the qualifiers.

The process isn't helped by dropped players going straight on Twitter and having there dropping put on there
  • Options
    Your all saying about Heskey being in the squad but he does bring the best out of Wayne Rooney.

Defoe doesnt deserve to be there. 9 out of 11 of his international goals have been against poor national teams (Poland, Andorra, Trinidad & Tobago, Kazhakstan, Slovenia) and he has had 40 appearances.

If Bent had Defoe's chances for the national team he would have more than 11 goals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]personally I don't think we need a replacement left back for A Cole as Carragher or Milner could fill in if needed.

Milner or Carragher at left back?! Can you imagine what would happen if we play Argentina/Portugal with Messi/Ronaldo on the right wing?

Absolutely gutted for Benty.

1. It's taken 5 seasons for Emile to score as many goals as DB has scored this season.
    2. Heskey has a worse international goalscoring record than Rene Heguita and Jose Chilavert.
    3. If Heskey had been playing up front for Sunderland instead of Bent this season, they would've got relegated LOCKED ON FACT.

yes - they'd murder whoever we had there (apart from Cole) so doesn't make a difference really
  • Options
    ''1359: On BBC Radio 5 live and elsewhere, they are playfully speculating that the delay to the official England squad announcement may be because Fabio Capello cannot get through to one of the players. He did say he'd tell the seven unlucky ones before making it public, so there might be some truth in that.''

Well if you don't get the call then your not out of the squad! Right? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heskey and Carrick..... not for me
    Bent ! for me the loss of the pack.
    Glad for King.
  • Options
    Defoe and Bent work together.
    Heskey and Rooney work together.
    Crouch works with Defoe, Bent and Rooney.
    Take 5 strikers, if one got injured then we will be left with only 3!
  • Options
    Parker out :(
  • Options
    The thing for Capello is who works with Rooney, and that's Heskey, and to a lesser extent Defoe.

Delighted Walcott isn't going, he's been terrible for the last few months, and Chris Waddle was right when he said he doesn't understand the game properly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The thing for Capello is who works with Rooney, and that's Heskey, and to a lesser extent Defoe.
    But what happens if Rooney gets crocked in the first game? Heskey is then basically a waste of a place and we're down to the Crouch Defoe combo.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Your all saying about Heskey being in the squad but he does bring the best out of Wayne Rooney.

People always go on about Rooney enjoying playing with Heskey - of course he does, Heskey NEVER scores so Rooney gets to score all the goals himself. I believe that if any of the other strikers in the squad had been given all those games alongside Rooney we'd have scored even more goals.
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

yes - they'd murder whoever we had there (apart from Cole) so doesn't make a difference really

I'm pretty sure Warnock or Baines would have a better chance of dealing with them than James Milner!
  • Options
    i think parker should be more gutted then benty here

Carrick & huddlestone were both toilet and parker didnt even get 1 minute on the pitch to show what he can do, imo other then hargreaves he would be best replacement for when barry gets injured. Bent has had a couple chances but the team has played poor which in order for him to do well the team need to play well, problem is as much as we all knock heskey(i hate him with a passion) rooney plays better and scores more with him in the side, so our main player to tick we need a shite one then so be it. personally i would still go for crouch & rooney as think crouchey will do all heskey does but get goals which heskey wont!

Also if adam johnson is not picked another harsh one, played 8 minutes in which he looked bright and apparentally has been impressing in training. still wish they would get on with it and name the squad what are we delaying? surely not waiting on barry to be fit still if so bloody joke!

Agree with warnock over baines and we should defo have as cover for cashley, shame carragher is goin as he has had a rubbish season and probably cover for right back which im sure if needed would be against pacey wingers? unless you put milner there i dont know squad seems unbalanced and no form imo
  • Options
    From BBC:

''Sky sources are now claiming they have all seven. They think Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone and Scott Parker will join Leighton Baines, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott and Darren Bent in missing out''

Cant understand how AJ will miss out and SWP will go. Johnson has been playing for Man City, and playing well. Capello's talk of only picking players in form appear to be complete bollocks. Still like him though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Your all saying about Heskey being in the squad but he does bring the best out of Wayne Rooney.

People always go on about Rooney enjoying playing with Heskey - of course he does, HeskeyNEVERscores so Rooney gets to score all the goals himself. I believe that if any of the other strikers in the squad had been given all those games alongside Rooney we'd have scored even more goals.
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

I'm pretty sure Warnock or Baines would have a better chance of dealing with them than James Milner!

given Baines performance the other night - I'd have a better chance.

Understand what you are saying I just feel that probably A Cole and Rooney are the only 2 players that no matter how bad they play will not be dropped, Cole will play every game if fit and I'd have taken the risk that he stays fit as I don't think neither of the back up left backs are that much better than a Carragher or Milner (both of whom have played in that position), would've freed up the 5th striker position.....just my opinion though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Understand what you are saying I just feel that probably A Cole and Rooney are the only 2 players that no matter how bad they play will not be dropped, Cole will play every game if fit and I'd have taken the risk that he stays fit as I don't think neither of the back up left backs are that much better than a Carragher or Milner (both of whom have played in that position), would've freed up the 5th striker position.....just my opinion though

If Milner has played there fair enough, I just can't recall that ever happening. Carragher should be nowhere near the squad.

Still concerned we only have 3 left footed players in the 23.