Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eurovison 2010

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Pete and I used to do the eurovision special on Millennium FM, trust me he knows his stuff!

I had delusions of a glorious 100 quid from my 2 quid 50/1 Holland to finish top 10!

Peanuts Molloy you guys are not ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    Curb_it...I'm being a very naughty boy. BDL included the term "pop songs" in the same sentence that included his unfavourable view of my songs. Aggresive people are often prone to mistakes so I'll let him off this time.
  • Aggressive, Me??? Sorry AFKA I might have to swear out loud whilst laughing very loudly!

MisterW - Just because I question you over sending your version to the writers of a song, their song. That's not aggression. That's just pointing out my point of view. If I were aggressive I wouldn't be entering into a conversation with you.

I have an opinion like most other people, for once I am expressing it on here. For the record I have listened to some of your stuff, some of it's OK, some of it's not.
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Pete and I used to do the eurovision special on Millennium FM, trust me he knows his stuff!

I had delusions of a glorious 100 quid from my 2 quid 50/1 Holland to finish top 10!

Peanuts Molloy you guys are not ;-)

But the new voting system didn't work - I had a fiver on it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]...lets pull out now!

It's like me telling Chris Evans how he should present a radio show.

I wished someone would.

I guess the ginger one will look at the other 1.4 million listners he has gained, and not worry too much about you switching off Bournemouth... LOL
  • edited May 2010
    BDL Your post IS aggresive...just go back and read it. Youre so angry you later call Ronan Keating a pub singer, but nobody commented on it because they dont have youre aggresion...simples! And just because Mike Stock has more money than me that doesnt make him a better song writer...by that analogy Bananarama would be the best female vocalists of all time.
  • I might call Ronan Keating the Pub Singer - A joke that goes back many years. But he is a very talented person who has had a fair bit of success.

My post was certainly not aggressive, it was quite restrained in fact. Like you I'm entitled to an opinion. If you don't like it - well, ignore it.
  • (quote) My post was certainly not aggressive, it was quite restrained in fact. Like you I'm entitled to an opinion. If you don't like it - well, ignore it (quote) Thats exactly what I do when I read something I dont like...but thats not what you do is it?

BDL, practise what you preach!

ps. Just put the shovel down now LOL.
  • BDLBDL
    edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    BDL...thanks for removing that last comment, I found it a little disturbing.
  • Actually I am laughing, quite a lot.

As a few people have only just recently told me, I am the least aggressive person you could wish to meet.
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont know anything about betting or odds, but it seems Betfair are offering 400/1 on the UK entry. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but maybe the votes from yesterday were leaked somehow. Ok, its a crap song, but those odds seem way too generous to me.
  • IAIA
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]I dont know anything about betting or odds, but it seems Betfair are offering 400/1 on the UK entry. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but maybe the votes from yesterday were leaked somehow. Ok, its a crap song, but those odds seem way too generous to me.

The main thing that moves bookies' odds is who people put their money on.

The 20 qualifiers from the semi-finals already have supporters who voted for them during the week. The other big countries all have better songs this year. Germany's song wouldn't sound out of place on commercial radio, for example.

The standard is pretty good this year on the whole. As far as I can see, there is zero chance of the UK winning Eurovision.
  • Thanks for explaining that A1...hard to believe but I've never been inside a betting shop and have never placed a bet..I am rather dull LOL.
  • From a songwriters perspective...Portugals entry amazing...song was clever and not overdone...highs in the right place, lows delicately handled. Not a perfect voice but honest and passionate, I will buy this song!
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]From a songwriters perspective...Portugals entry amazing...song was clever and not overdone...highs in the right place, lows delicately handled.
    But sounds like a rip-off of one of the songs from "Beauty and the Beast"
  • I think i've worked it out. We've deliberately put forward a dreadful song so the other countries have a reason not to vote for us other than they hate us......clever.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite] my favourite is Armenia. They're dancing around a massive apricot stone, what's not to like?

that allied to the fact that the bird is fit makes it my favourite too :p
  • It's so painfully horrific but I can't turn it off.
  • And we're last. That was set up beautifully - we get some unexpected points from one of the Eastern European countries, who then proceed to give Belarus 12 to leave us bottom.
  • do people watch this dross lol
  • Sponsored links:

• lol allez, there's that too.

Sorry to anyone who took my betting advice. I was right about the UK finishing last (unfortunately), but wrong about Belgium in the top 4. My favourites were France and Armenia, but Germany worthy winners. As I said before, wouldn't sound out of place on commercial radio.
  • I also thought Belgium would be up there becaue of quality of song, but it is Eurovision. Felt sorry for Josh, why the writers couldnt have dropped the key a semi-tone I don't know...he's always had trouble with the top notes. On the plus side, I had 122 downloads last night...not bad for a song that came last.
  • The German girl was pretty cute too ;o)
  • cute!!! CUTE!!! She was...mmmmmmmmmmmm, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yessssssssssssssssssssss, ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
    plus a perfect rear...
  • The voting patterns bear little relation to the quality of the tunes and seem to be based more on political and traditional alliances.

That said the German song was one of the better ones I heard. I didn't hear all of them but I heard ours which was better than some we've had but still pretty bland and in no way a winner. I thought the Danish song was as good as any I heard but I didn't hear them all.

Not my choice of viewing but the wife wanted to watch it after Britain's Got Talent. Saturday night tv is dire....
  • edited May 2010
    I normally take no notice of eurovision, but couldn't help noticing we came last. Was Ian Dowie involved?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The voting patterns bear little relation to the quality of the tunes and seem to be based more on political and traditional alliances.

I don't really buy that. Sure there's some 'alliance' voting that can affect the middle order (the likes of Cyprus/Greece are pretty much bankers to give each other 12) but good songs that deserve to make the top 10 often do.

When Russia won a couple of years ago everyone was saying it was a dominance of Eastern bloc and no one else could ever win, but look at the last two winners: Norway and Germany, both with good songs.

Our song was absolute rubbish and after those last two notes were murdered, I'm shocked that anyone at all gave us points. There were some equally bad songs granted, and they may have avoided the bottom slot thanks to some friendly votes, but none of those came anywhere near the top 5. All their potential alliances got them was a less embarrassing position.

Last year we were competent for the first time in a while and came 4th. That isn't sheer coincidence. It's because it's still mostly a song contest with a few political points here and there.
  • Spot on Sussex.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Not my choice of viewing but the wife wanted to watch it after Britain's Got Talent. Saturday night tv is dire....

I can only assume one of two things Len:

1) You are still under probation following being caught out with your bit on the side, and you are having to go along with whatever the wife says to save your marriage, or

2) You have carte blanch from the good lady for the duration of the world cup, and you are "paying it forward".

?