Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideas to help the Club (2010 thread)

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely brilliant idea Rodney...youre a star!
  • Options
    I am not a rich man in any form, but I am willing to lump on a few quid to help the Addicks, if the 18k fans that were there on Monday all did the same that would help the club massively, there are a few good ideas listed above, I hope one of these gets up and running I will be glad to contribute.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]there are a few good ideas listed above, I hope one of these gets up and running I will be glad to contribute.[/quote]

Nice sentiments, CHG, and this is not a pop at you specifically, but that's the issue ... lots of willingness to contribute, plenty of hope.

But these good ideas will only get up and running if someone steps up and makes them happen.

I'll leave off now. I've made the point often enough.
  • Options
    WHAT WE HAVE SO FAR:

Firstly the will to achieve this.

DEFINATES:

Rebeka (windscreen) singing a few originals plus songs from the musicals (which went down very well at the last Charlton supporters gig)

A classical piano recital to bridge the daytime and evening activities.

DVD double album. DVD1 video of the day / DVD2 music video (evening)

Photographer

PROBABLES:

Radio advertising (Dave Berry)

Poster campaign.

Food and drink stands (we must have people with food hygiene certificate in our midst)

Past Charlton heroes.

POSSIBLES

Meet the players

Soccer 6’s

Lee Ryan (Blue)

Dance group (Diversity like)

Sugar free (Britains got talent finalists)

CD: VFR, Endless Journey, original song for Lee Ryan, original song for Sugar Free, Orchestral version of VFR (would need the boys from Upper North for this)

Keep the suggestions coming in, plus we need to have a team that can see it through to the end.
  • Options
    This sort of thing is me and Gelan's day job...and yes its true we have the experience and organizational skills, but this is too big for us alone. Some of you will have to commit that we can see it through. As the old proverb goes...actions speak louder than words.

Lets prove Mr Rudd wrong and put a smile on his face.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]This sort of thing is me and Gelan's day job...and yes its true we have the experience and organizational skills, but this is too big for us alone. Some of you will have to commit that we can see it through. As the old proverb goes...actions speak louder than words.

Lets prove Mr Rudd wrong and put a smile on his face.

Done, give me a job and I will do it!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]This sort of thing is me and Gelan's day job...and yes its true we have the experience and organizational skills, but this is too big for us alone. Some of you will have to commit that we can see it through. As the old proverb goes...actions speak louder than words.

Lets prove Mr Rudd wrong and put a smile on his face.[/quote]

Not sure it's about proving me wrong - and I'm happy to smile.

Do you want the Fans' Forum to do anything with the Club regarding this idea? Have you discussed the idea with the Club? What support/facilities do you want from the Club? How will you get past Charlton heroes and meet with the players etc?

Get my drift?
  • Options
    Welcome aboard CHG. Please view the list below and choose what best suits your skills.

Advertising.
    Cameraman.
    Beverages (the buying and delivery of)
    Stage hand.
    Ticket printing.
    Programme printing.
    Steward.
    Musician.
    Personnel coordinator.
    Treasurer.
    Transport.
    Or anything else you can think of.

Once again, Many thanks COYR
  • Options
    Hi Dave...no we havnt discussed anything yet...just trying to judge the mood and commitment at the moment. I'm pretty sure we can get at least 4 ex Charlton heroes but I'm sure there are those on here that are personal friends of others.

What I'm trying to say is we can't do this on promises alone, and we cant go off half cocked. I know the initial aim of this thread was to help the club financially, but the event should also be structured so that it has a lasting effect and hopefully retain in all of us the spirit that has given this club back its heart.

To date (through whispers) we have five willing helpers with varying skills. If this thread is still alive in a weeks time, then possibly that is the time to contact the club. First and formost we have to have a business plan and facts and figures otherwise we will just look like a bunch of dreamers.

Happy days, Rebeka
  • Options
    Seriously, good luck to you on this musicals / Lee Ryan / Diversity dancing / classical piano reciting adventure.

I do not mean to ridicule, but i personally have not seen anything so potentialy catastrophically ridiculous since Baldrick's Charlie Chaplin impression, and find myself reading the 2nd half of this thread in suspended disbelief.

I feel there is as much chance of your idea of being a fund-raising success as there is of Charlton applying to become an independent nation, bombing Germany in the next fortnight, taking their place in the World Cup, and a suprisingly recalled Mike Small going on to win the Golden Boot.

Good luck in your adventures, but i feel you have lost sense of reality. You cannot get a record deal, yet now believe you can sell 10,000 tickets and 500 t-shirts ???

If i'm being harsh, then i apologise. And if somehow this 'thing' becomes a successful venture in the next 6 weeks, i would be willing to have one of your double dvd's shoved down my throat, and the other booted sideways up my rectum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHG, you can be tasked in getting Derek Accorah on board to bring Sam Bartram back from the dead and singing 'Making your mind up' with Cheryl Baker....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]CHG, you can be tasked in getting Derek Accorah on board to bring Sam Bartram back from the dead and singing 'Making your mind up' with Cheryl Baker....

Done.
  • Options
    Dear AFKA...the reason I havnt get a record deal is mainly because there isnt a record industry anymore. Plus when I started out 6 years ago (when there was a chance) my autism ruled my life, my eyes met in the middle meaning my already little grey world of Achromatopsia meant that I wasnt even capable of walking accross a stage let alone finding the Mic LOL. Add to this the fact I was grossly over weight and so discoordinated that I couldnt even hold a knife and fork then maybe you can understand why no record company wanted to take me on. On my recordings alone I secured interviews with all the top companies...they liked what they heard, just not what they saw. Luckily I have an angel on my side who believes everything is possible.

regards, Rebeka
  • Options
    AFKA Bartam, you've just given me even more energy and purpose...cheers mate!
  • Options
    Have you tried X Factor?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And good luck to you Rebeka, please don't take my light-hearted comments seriously, i can assure you i have genuine admiration for you and your desire to progress and succeed.

But i honestly think you are trying to bite off something far too big without any form of backing, industry etc behind you. It is impossible to successfully organise such an event in such a short space of time, without any history of doing so or worthwhile contacts to make anything such as this happen. I honestly don't think you have thought it through, and are going to end up either being disappointed, or wasting your time and energy.

And i'm sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm just trying to be honest.

Ps. If the industry won't touch you, there is another way around it, and talent shows like BGT etc could seriously be just the sort of platform you need to take your career off. Have you considered such a route ?
  • Options
    Have tried x factor and BGT but that was a few years back and both said the same thing...not good TV. Since then both shows have sunk to levels that I wouldnt want to be any part of. My need is to perform, not to be famous in that way...and I really do have such a nice life now. As for your earlier comments...really I'm not offended, the music industry makes you bomb proof LOL.

Just to say that neither I or Gelan started this thread but thought it was worth a try. Not saying we can do it on our own but we've pulled off the impossible before so keep watching this space.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Have tried x factor and BGT but that was a few years back and both said the same thing...not good TV. Since then both shows have sunk to levels that I wouldnt want to be any part of. My need is to perform, not to be famous in that way...and I really do have such a nice life now. As for your earlier comments...really I'm not offended, the music industry makes you bomb proof LOL.

Just to say that neither I or Gelan started this thread but thought it was worth a try. Not saying we can do it on our own but we've pulled off the impossible before so keep watching this space.

Why not start your own thread, I have one about my fence
  • Options
    SINK! No pitch hire or use after May 31st.
  • Options
    Unless someone knows of an alternative venue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Valley car park?
  • Options
    Just had a thought anyway. Even if you could use the pitch/ground surely the whole thing would have to be boarded out to protect it?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No need to sink. There are still good ideas on here to help the club, just the concert is a non-starter.
  • Options
    Youre right ali...just felt a bit stoopid not checking on this first.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]SINK! No pitch hire or use after May 31st.[/quote]

Really no exceptions like a load of people raising money for a club that is in millions of debt.

Makes sense
  • Options
    Yes it does LB, but the event would take at least 6 weeks to organise so that takes us into mid July so I cant see them ever entertaining it...not that I wont give it a try, there's always room for compromise. In the meantime I've applied for permission to use one of the Boroughs parks...was a bit late emailing so won't know the ins and outs til Monday earliest. You can in many cases get the use for free, but policing costs could be a major setback.
  • Options
    Soz that was not aimed at you i just presumed the club had said no

As for helping no real skills but willing to help with anything
  • Options
    Charlton park? Or maryon wilson park? Could be fun. Our own party in the park.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No apology needed LB...I know what you meant, and thanks for the offer of help...it will be needed. Maryon Wilson park would be my choice also Curb_it, but we may not have a choice because of noise. Havnt lived that way for years so cant remember house proximety to various parks etc.
  • Options
    Don't forget you'll have to give a big chunk of ticket/t-shirt/CD sales to the government in VAT.

However, there is an exemption for fund raising and/or "cultural" events organised by charities or other not-for-profit organisations - but it's a b*stard to organise.