Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideas to help the Club (2010 thread)

Comments

• Options
    Could buy a big screen and rent it to the club. But not give, rent.
  • Options
    everyone put in a ton and hire more bar staff.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    any thing over 50 quid and you put it out of reach of 99% of fans

the only other viable option that i could see would be something like a CAFC trust fund where people can pay from £5 to whatever they can afford monthly via direct debit hence raising a contiually cash flow to the trust over a longer period and in away most fans could afford.

lets be honest football is a passion it is an emotion, we see it for dogs trust and the likes i am sure if marketed correctly and as long as the structure of where or what the cash was used for was completely 100% open and honest and able to be audited i think it could be a right goer

there you go then take that to the fans forum as for help let me knowhats involved and i will commit to doing what i can, the valley party stories made me wish i was able then, i am now and i want my kids to have a football club they can call their own
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Some good, creative ideas coming out here. How about we formalise it a bit, though?

The Fans' Forum is happy to take a set of proposals to the Club, and also to get the Club to identify ways in which it thinks the fans can help.

But .. as Henry and others have said on more than one occasion ... good ideas are one thing, but energy, hardwork and a willingness to get off the backside are also needed. There is no point in proposing things to the Club if the bodies and enthusiasm are not there among the fanbase to make such proposals happen.

So far I'm hearing about short-term fundraising, but not the more strategic stuff that AFKA has referred to (how to help the Club get closer to operating at break-even levels).

The Supporters' Trust seems to be non-existent from where I sit. Maybe it's my ignorance. But, if it has fizzled out, it's a great example of what we need to avoid ... lots of talk, lots of bright ideas, no action.

Here's my proposal:

Submit your "Ideas to help the Club" to the Fans' Forum, but backed up with what you, your friends, your family and your fellow fans can do to make the idea happen. Speak to people first to get their commitment. Identify who can do what - and commit to it. I mean 'really' commit to it.

The Fans' Forum will take it from there.
  • Options
    Did the trust elect a leadership?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]any thing over 50 quid and you put it out of reach of 99% of fans

the only other viable option that i could see would be something like a CAFC trust fund where people can pay from £5 to whatever they can afford monthly via direct debit hence raising a contiually cash flow to the trust over a longer period and in away most fans could afford.

lets be honest football is a passion it is an emotion, we see it for dogs trust and the likes i am sure if marketed correctly and as long as the structure of where or what the cash was used for was completely 100% open and honest and able to be audited i think it could be a right goer

there you go then take that to the fans forum as for help let me knowhats involved and i will commit to doing what i can, the valley party stories made me wish i was able then, i am now and i want my kids to have a football club they can call their own
  • Options
    In order to get the fans buy-in I guess we would need a lot of transparency from the club on where the money is going to go. Whilst we don't demand the salaries of everyone at the club - it would be good to know what any contribution is doing.

I suspect it would generate a bit of interest amongst the fans and could snowball.

But we also need to bear in mind that a lot of people contribute to Valley Gold, they buy a season ticket......it could become too much of a millstone

FAO Dave Rudd - As long as I was immortalised in some way as an Addick I'd like to think I'd be able to contribute. Whatever we do I'd like some form of return!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]FAO Dave Rudd - As long as I was immortalised in some way as an Addick I'd like to think I'd be able to contribute. Whatever we do I'd like some form of return![/quote]

That 'return' might be the opportunity to watch your beloved team when you are as old and grey as I am.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Did the trust elect a leadership?[/quote]

I think they did. But beyond that ...?
  • Options
    Don't want to make comparisons with our situation, but how have Palace supporters raised money to try to save their Club ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Did the trust elect a leadership?

so who is it and can they be on here much to answer trust style questions - if not then not much point
  • Options
    I have no idea what should be done with any money raised but anything to do with The Valley could be very risky, however I would be happy to donate at least 50 quid which would have been spent on Wembley. Doubt we'd get 30,000 donations but I guess every little helps.
  • Options
    One way to help are the few thousand who have not renewed there season ticket

Renew now
  • Options
    Very good idea, but suspect as others have said would not get huge amounts of interest.
  • Options
    Couldnt we get the Who to play another gig at the Valley??

We (well the club) could make a fortune.....
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Actually not a bad idea

why not get the various bands who support CAFC or played at the Valley to do benefit concert(s)?

Squeeze
    The Who
    Oasis..
    Elton John

any more?

Would need to be a specific aim/target though.

How about a campaign, Save Ur Charlton Athletic?
  • Options
    I think the club will be wary on Concerts, given the loss that Kent CCC made on their events last year.

Some really positive ideas, which sums up why this club we all love is so special.
  • Options
    Who played (forgive the pun)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Did the trust elect a leadership?[/quote]

I think they did. But beyond that ...?[/quote]

so who is it and can they be on here much to answer trust style questions - if not then not much point[/quote]

As I said, the Supporters' Trust seems non-existent to me, so not for me to try to answer that question.

Others may be able to.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Actually not a bad idea

why not get the various bands who support CAFC or played at the Valley to do benefit concert(s)?

Squeeze
    The Who
    Oasis..
    Elton John

any more?

Would need to be a specific aim/target though.

How about a campaign, Save Ur Charlton Athletic?[/quote]

Bucks Fizz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Couldnt we get the Who to play another gig at the Valley??

I have just emailed the relevant people about getting The Who playing at The Valley.

I wonder if I will get a response, hopefully they might say how much it would cost for a performance
  • Options
    I'd be in definatly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Did the trust elect a leadership?

so who is it and can they be on here much to answer trust style questions - if not then not much point

No, exactly.

But it is a lesson for whatever ideas go forward. You all can't rely on the FF or just one or two people to take your ideas forward and make them reality. You, and I don't just mean Razil, need to take some ownership, not just volunteer other people to do things but do them yourselves. Not on your own but you have to be involved.
  • Options
    Left behind's idea on the ST is, IMHO, the best yet.

How many of you know a lapsed ST holder or two?

What can you do to get them to sign up again?

Maybe if more than one person they could share a ST and split the cost?

Could you take their kids to some games to get them hooked and get them and the parents to buy a ST?

I'm going to make a list of names today and ring/email them. How about you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Who played (forgive the pun)

Elton John and the Sugababes I think!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Couldnt we get the Who to play another gig at the Valley??

I have just emailed the relevant people about getting The Who playing at The Valley.

I wonder if I will get a response, hopefully they might say how much it would cost for a performance
    There's only two of them left now so we ought to get them a lot cheaper...
  • Options
    Surley, we could get enough people together to pay say £5 a month and pay a few players wages... even if it was some of the fringe players...
  • Options
    Perhaps we could have a play-off club if obtaining a stake in the ground, training ground, academy etc is not feasible.

The £50 you would have paid for a ticket will get you an entry. 50% gets distributed between smaller monthly prizes and a larger draw at Christmas say. The remaining 50% goes to the Club in some guise or other. However, speaking personally, I would hope we could ringfence it in some way to prevent it simply being absorbed on CEO salaries or whatever.

The major snag I can see is that I think local authority permission may well be needed to run such a lottery which could incur administrative hassle and possibly fees for their trouble.
  • Options
    The Who playing the valley would be amazing and i'd splash out to see it... Unrealistic though
  • Options
    i would be in for £50