Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Released players list 2010

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
A few interesting ones on here (literally a few!)

Purely speculation of course but Fabien Brandy is an interesting one who I think a few clubs will be sniffing around and Grant McCann too

Will be lot's more names crop up on there in a few weeks time to get your speculation juices going

Comments

• Options
    That's the one
  • Options
    Looking through a few pages I can see what you mean about there literally being a few interesting players. Our only players on there I think are young players we've released, so there will no doubt be a lot more players added in the next couple of months.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    a few familiar names there; fabian brandy, warren feeney ( didn't we almost sign him?), jon macken, Sam Togwell.

there's also a lot that aren't on that list; leon clarke, frank simek, chris iwelumo, jay demerrit, will hoskins, richard wright, gary mcsheffrey, chris sedgwick, Franck Queudrue, Benjani... ok maybe the last two might not be within our budget. but there are a few names there i hope we do go in for.
  • Options
    Warren Feeney, tempted to send an email asking about him
  • Options
    Liam Bellemy is on there?
  • Options
    And Harry Pell, they've been released
  • Options
    Seriously?

That's a joke they are both quality prospects...
  • Options
    Do not want Feeney, his record is poor. Some decent players on there though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Butterfield released by Palace.
    Also Simon Royce at Jills.

Notts County and Carlisle both having massive clearouts.

Lots of young players and scholars being let go as usual.
    But how about this one though:

Jack Smith
    Oxford United Football Club

Centre Back
    Centre Midfield

I kid you not ....... lol
  • Options
    Shaun Derry and Clint Hill both on frees from Palace too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Shaun Derry and Clint Hill both on frees from Palace too

Shaun Derry might do a job in midfield. At least he wouldn't have to move house.
  • Options
    Scowcroft anyone ;-)

Scott Vernon from Col U might be worth a look
  • Options
    Sean Thornton - good player
  • Options
    Bring back Big Chris!
  • Options
    I really do think for this summer and the next few summers like last year we will see very little transfer fees being spent and more and more freebies and loan swaps being done.

And as for all these players on free transfers they will no longer be able to get the wage they did on previous contracts as wage bills are going down across the football league. Which is a good thing.
  • Options
    Big chris and nicky forster would be an awsome league one attack ala quinn and phillips, phillips istill going so can't see why forster couldn't, think a whole season is what he needs if we had his 15 plus goals from august we would have been top 2 for sure.
  • Options
    I'd love Big Chris back, thought he did a good job for us even though many didn't rate him. Them 2 Big Chris in the last minute goals vs Southampton and Bristol City!

He knows Parky as well.
  • Options
    Febian Brandy
    Thought he was meant to be a good prospect?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moritz Volz is only 27!
    Thought he'd been around a lot longer
  • Options
    If anyone thinks Chris Iwelumo would drop down to League 1 they are mental.

Can see him going to Bristol City where he was on loan and done really well.
  • Options
    Ade Akinbyi sticks out for me big, storng, quick scores goals that would really get me up for next season seeing him instead of Akpo
  • Options
    Hope your joking CAFCBorune
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]phillips istill going so can't see why forster couldn't, think a whole season is what he needs if we had his 15 plus goals from august we would have been top 2 for sure.

Forster just needs a decent service into the box, feeding off knockdowns and loose balls.
    It's foraging in the box where he scores his goals.

What he isn't is a channel runner - well, not at his age.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Seriously?

That's a joke they are both quality prospects...
    Was confirmed a while ago, Mambo, Jenkinson, Davisson, Tuna and Perkins are the five signing pro.

Pell is a decent player, but it's all about where he'd be in the squad and what we can afford. If we expect to have 4/5 CMs ahead of him he'd never break through. A bit like Josh Wright last year.

Bellamy I'm not convinced would have made it with Wagstaff and Sam/new RM ahead of him, he wouldn't have got a chance in the first team.

No longer can we afford to keep young players if they're not realistically going to get much of a chance.
  • Options
    Glen Little was released too - always catches the eye

[cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Ade Akinbyi sticks out for me big, storng, quick scores goals that would really get me up for next season seeing him instead of Akpo

somebody get this guy a doctor - he's clearly unwell
  • Options
    How old is Little now? Did I imagine it or did he have injury and fitness issues? Hopefully Parky won't need to take a risk on players like that, a year later we can see why he went for Richardson and not Murty.
  • Options
    Parky is well thought of throughout the game, and networks very well with his old mates and influences.

It makes you wonder who he'll bring in next from the bargain bin ....?
  • Options
    Bryan Hughes is without a club, could do a lot worse and imho more than capable of doing a job at League 1 level.