Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akpo

Signed on a permanent deal today according to the TV commentator, which enabled us to put Fry on the bench.

Comments

• Options
    great .... how long is permanent 120mins?
  • Options
    I hope not.
  • Options
    This was always going to happen, he was on a free and he has done fairly well for us I think. Much better recently when Parky told him to trust his body more, hopefully a full pre season might get the best out of him next year.
  • Options
    Oh great.

You trying to cheer me up?
  • Options
    I hope so i think he has the pontential to be a real top strriker in league 1
  • Options
    Before last night I hoped (not realistically) that we would sign Forster instead of Sodje or Mooney. After the game and based on the fact that when it mattered he performed I'd rather we had gone for Mooney. He has a lot more upside in terms of potential. That said if we hang on to any of these players i'd be delighted.
  • Options
    I'd rather have Sodje than Mooney tbh. Both are rather limited buch being something of a lump Sodje can cause problems for defenders merely with his presence even if his timing's off. Mooney on the other hand would be blown over by a light breeze. I am not rabidly anti-Mooney mind, its just that if ONE were to stay it would be Akpo.
  • Options
    We need a big lump, he's a nuisance and wants to play for us. Could we find any better? Maybe, maybe not. If he can get that bit fitter he should be useful, though I don't rate him that highly. However it's the level of player we might have to get used to.
  • Options
    oh gawd, I wanted cheering up. He won't hit double figures ever, anywhere. Just when you thought thing's couldn't get any worse .......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]We need a big lump, he's a nuisance and wants to play for us. Could we find any better? Maybe, maybe not. If he can get that bit fitter he should be useful, though I don't rate him that highly. However it's the level of player we might have to get used to.

Totally agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree Sodje will be more effective over a full season at this level than Mooney, though the latter is undoubtedly the better player as he showed last night.
  • Options
    Bang on
  • Options
    Still wish we could put Mooney's brain in Akpo's body.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Still wish we could put Mooney's brain in Akpo's body.[/quote]

But then we'd have to sell him and we'd be left with Akpo's brain in Mooney's body!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]oh gawd, I wanted cheering up. He won't hit double figures ever, anywhere. Just when you thought thing's couldn't get any worse .......

3 years ago he hit 16 goals for Port Vale in league one.
    2 years ago he scored 7 goals in 16 starts for Sheff Weds in the championship.

So he can score goals. I'm not by any means saying he's going to be prolific but he can be effective at this level and with no money to spend he'll be a decent free transfer.
  • Options
    Worst player I've seen in a Charlton shirt since Mike Small and yet you'd think he was bloody Eusebio according to you lot.
  • Options
    how right you are. And to think we moaned about Lisbie.
  • Options
    Decent freebee, when fully fit is a handful and surely a good pre season would benefit him. Not in Burtons league for hold up play but good option off the bench and has shown in glimses he can be a very good player in this league. We can and we will do a lot worse!
  • Options
    I think with a good pre season behind him he really could offer 10-15 goals per season.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh please... hes about 12 foot and has got the heading ability of a narcoleptic midget
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10-15 goals a season - lets hope he is not our main striker then! We would need 25-30 for any realistic chance of promotion...this season has surely taught that...sadly we don't have the funds to buy someone in so Aksodje is probably as good as we can hope for.
  • Options
    oh please? something gone on here.
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Oh please... hes about 12 foot and has got the heading ability of a narcoleptic midget
  • Options
    Akpo signed a contract stating that if he played 'x' amount of games this season, he was guaranteed a contract for next season. He obviously played the required amount of games, to guarantee him a contract for next season.
  • Options
    and as i said on here a few weeks ago, that was down to Parky. Parky wants him here next season and so played him, therefore activating the clause in his contract !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]and as i said on here a few weeks ago, that was down to Parky. Parky wants him here next season and so played him, therefore activating the clause in his contract !

TBF to Parky at least he has guaranteed that he has 1 player next season :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Oh please... hes about 12 foot and has got the heading ability of a narcoleptic midget

Seemed to get up OK for the winning goal against Leeds....
  • Options
    Don't expect him to be effective in a 4-5-1, but he'll do a decent enough job in a front pairing.

Sort of player that if you pump the ball into the box enough times we'll score goals, perhaps even some by Akpo himself.
    Opponents hate playing against him.

So we just have to pump the ball into the box enough times.
  • Options
    Even though he can look awful, he has scored 5/6 goals for us without being a regular, 10 goals next season is possible from him. The summer and a pre-season with us will hopefully help his fitness. If he's that bit fitter we might just mores little more out of him than we did this season. We've seen this season defenders don't like playing against him.
  • Options
    he'll hopefully get us to mid-table safety , once the last of the footballers have left and we're left with our wonderful academy products and charlton supporting players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he'll hopefully get us to mid-table safety......

Ah, back to the good old days of midtable mediocrity. Perhaps, after that we can push on to the next level ....?

;o)