Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15 mins left, 1 goal lead, playing against 10 men...

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
OH YEA, WE SQREW IT UP!!!
BEING A CHARLTON FAN IS REALLY TOUGH RIGHT NOW...

Comments

• Options
    One miss placed pass one miss placed penalty same player
    has to suffer that fact he blew it for us
  • Options
    Llera's sending off turned this game in Swindon's favour. Daily would have covered him so debatable whether he should have gone. Poor player for that sort of thing, always getting turned. Yes, we blew it and was in pole position until players started losing their head. Always next year I suppose. Its not promotion anyway, simply a semi final. Can't stand the sight of Parkinson though, my opinion is he is a poor manager and I stand by that. We can't break teams down and rely on good fortune to get goals too many times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]One miss placed pass one miss placed penalty same player
    has to suffer that fact he blew it for us

We wouldn't of got anywhere near the playoffs if it wasn't for some of Baileys performances and goals this season.
  • Options
    If we had played with the heart and passion we played with tonight in the middle of the season we wouldn't have been worried about the play offs now! No one player is to blame. Gutted.
  • Options
    Hey were charlton did you really expect anything else!
  • Options
    This is the key issue.
    Forget the penalties, it should never have got that far.

We were in full control, but a small lapse in concentration has cost us a visit to Wembley.

Just like similar lapses cost us the 3 points we needed for automatic.

gutted.
  • Options
    Has anyone here ever seen a playoff game? This is how they go.
  • Options
    This is just inexcusable. I mean lets just breakdown the failure of our beloved Charlton Athletic:

- Playing at home
    - Up a goal lead in aggregate
    - Playing against 10 men
    - Shooting against a second string goalkeeper
    - 20 mins left, and PP decides to change the team with wagstaff for sam. WHY??? Does PP think he needs to make a sub just because he wants to? WHY CHANGE A TEAM THATS WINNING WHEN WE ARE DOMINATING THE MATCH ?!?!?! - i dont care if Sam was playing poor because he wasnt injured or tired and he was actually playing defense! WHATS THIS, OH A WINGER TRYING TO PLAY DEFENSE WITH 20 MINS LEFT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WIN THE MATCH! TACTICALLY WRONG BY PP!

After being on the board for over twenty years and recently retiring ... i would not give the manager a dime this summer. He doesnt deserve to spend anything! We need to win this league with the players we have got and the youth system. i still cant shake the dissapointment like a sinking feeling in my stomach. new low point in my charton career.
  • Options
    Why? Because Sam was so knackered he could barely move.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]This is just inexcusable. I mean lets just breakdown the failure of our beloved Charlton Athletic:

- Playing at home
    - Playing against 10 men
    - 20 mins left, and PP decides to change the team with wagstaff for sam. WHY??? Does PP think he needs to make a sub just because he wants to? WHY CHANGE A TEAM THATS WINNING WHEN WE ARE DOMINATING THE MATCH ?!?!?! - i dont care if Sam was playing poor because he wasnt injured or tired and he was actually playing defense! WHATS THIS, OH A WINGER TRYING TO PLAY DEFENSE WITH 20 MINS LEFT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WIN THE MATCH! TACTICALLY WRONG BY PP!

After being on the board for over twenty years and recently retiring ... i would not give the manager a dime this summer. He doesnt deserve to spend anything! We need to win this league with the players we have got and the youth system. i still cant shake the dissapointment like a sinking feeling in my stomach. new low point in my charton career.

Am i reading that right?

If you were on the board could you not have sacked him or better still have had a contingency in place for when curbishley left instead of the catastrophic managerial appointments we had? Also it was the board that gave him the job and extended his contract wasnt it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Why? Because Sam was so knackered he could barely move.

Indeed. It was effectively ten against ten at that stage anyway...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]This is just inexcusable. I mean lets just breakdown the failure of our beloved Charlton Athletic:

- Playing at home
    - Playing against 10 men

You clearly have not the first clue.

1. Sam was knackered after 60 minutes, as usual.

2. They brought on a pacy winger to exploit the fact that Sam was knackered and isn't the best at tracking back anyway. I was sat in the East Stand and lost count of the number of times Richardson was standing 1 on 1 with their winger while Sam was on his own in no man's land.

3. Parky brought on Wagstaff to counteract their pacy winger threat with one of our own, while at the same time obviously instructing Wagstaff to track back. If Parky hadn't changed it we would have conceded within minutes.
  • Options
    After being on the board for over twenty years and recently retiring ... i would not give the manager a dime this summer.

?????????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Has anyone here ever seen a playoff game? This is how they go.

No ..... what was Wembley 98 like ....?

;o)
  • Options
    His real name is on his profile but no idea who he is
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Afterbeing on the board for over twenty yearsand recently retiring ... i would not give the manager a dime this summer.

?????????

That's what I thought. If true it's akin to Tony Blair coming on the television and moaning about the state of the country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]After being on the board for over twenty years and recently retiring ...

I thought you were one of our teenage posters. Sorry.
  • Options

- Playing at home
    - Playing against 10 men

Sam was knackered, anyone could see that. Wagstaff did ok after coming on as well, had a shot inches wide in extra time, won a few corners and pulled the ball back for burton who turned and should've scored.
    As for the 2nd string goalkeeper, it was obvious that he'd come on and do well. But how much influence does the keeper have anyway? If Randolph went off injured, would we be much worse off with Elliott in goal? No.
  • Options
    oh i see now looked at it a bit more
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hope this doesnt turn into another Parky hater thread. Seems that a few people didnt read write ups or listen to the radio on Tuesday...yes, some are actually envious of the football we played on Monday night. As for blaming Bailey WTF...the season wasnt just about one match!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Sack Parky? Seems that a few people didnt read write ups or listen to the radio on Tuesday...yes, some are actually envious of the football we played on Monday night.

As for blaming Bailey WTF...the season wasnt just about one match!

Apparently he is a recently retired director. Worrying if someone at that level is saying the above about lack of faith in the manager the board has appointed. Besides isnt it the directors who appoint the managers anyway and should have contingencies for when curbs left or am i totally wide of the mark?
  • Options
    Well Michael Stevens who is referenced in the posters profile is in fact a recently retired director.
    Roger Alwen, Richard Collins, Gideon Franklin, Michael Grade, Martin Simons, Michael Stevens and Derek Ufton have all agreed to resign their directorships, and have all been appointed as vice presidents of the club in recognition of their outstanding contribution to Charlton over many years.

Since nobody at the club can even spell "defence", is it any wonder we keep giving leads away?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Well Michael Stevens who is referenced in the posters profile is in fact a recently retired director.
    Roger Alwen, Richard Collins, Gideon Franklin, Michael Grade, Martin Simons, Michael Stevens and Derek Ufton have all agreed to resign their directorships, and have all been appointed as vice presidents of the club in recognition of their outstanding contribution to Charlton over many years.

Since nobody at the club can even spell "defence", is it any wonder we keep giving leads away?

Bit late to start criticising the manager then when it was the board that appointed him and extended his contract when mere mortal fans have voiced their displeasure and the results haven't been forthcoming.

Cant understand this or maybe i am completely missing the point?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Bit late to start criticising the manager then when it was the board that appointed him and extended his contract when mere mortal fans have voiced their displeasure and the results haven't been forthcoming.

That doesn't mean everybody on the Board were always unanimous in decision making.

I guess it's like any other times when a vote is cast - the majority carries the decision, but there will invariably be the minority of those who voted against.

Our poster sounded like one who voted against.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Fair point oggy. Must be as frustrated as the rest of us who said it was the wrong call.

Also going along with the point he makes about winning with our youth system its not gonna happen when we sell the likes of shelvey.
  • Options
    Blimey, is this the thickos thread or what.

addick 16 is not a director ffs.

As he's 26 he couldn't possibly be a director for 20 yrs.

If he is related to Mike Stevens ex-director, then he is probably a nephew or his son.

I don't think one of our directors would be unable to spell !!!

Give me strength.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i was speaking on behalf of a former director, whom i work with on a daily basis, and is my father. i only just joined this forum once no longer apart of the PLC and LLC. my input is pretty much useless these days about current board topics. Im trying to contribute to this website/forum as a HUGE life long Charlton fan. Believe me that Charlton will get this sorted out and we will gain promotion next year. Its just a matter out of getting the best out of our current players. We can win this league with the players we have now and our youth team. i know we sold shelvey, but the money was too good to turn down for him. We have great youngsters and the youth system is our best asset.
  • Options
    You are Mike's son right? Send him my best regards, he's been out to Prague a couple of times.

Surprised if these are his views though. If you wouldn't give PP a dime this summer, well, thats the same as last summer then. Finishing 4th isnt bad with a budget like that, I reckon.

As for your Shelvey comment, well, a bit too simple for me. Funny enough the failure to make Shelvey a successful regular is my biggest black mark against Parky.

Would you have written all these comments if Bailey had converted and we were off to Wembley?

It's all very puzzling. I miss your Dad telling some of us what is really going on...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite].. i would not give the manager a dime this summer. He doesnt deserve to spend anything! We need to win this league with the players we have got and the youth system. .[/quote]

prepare for disappointment
  • Options
    lol that team will get worse,ragged set of footballers who have been found out in league one for pity sake.