Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Terry out of world cup

2»

Comments

• Not out of the world cup bruised bone as he was walking on it freely.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]also, Makelele's wife, from the M&S adverts, has tried to commit suicide!

That would be a much bigger loss IMO
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Not out of the world cup bruised bone as he was walking on it freely.

Is that all ?

Gets paid £120k a week to be rushed to hospital with a bit of bruising.

The Chelsea players of the 70s must be laughing their heads off - you can't imagine Chopper Harris being rushed to hospital with bruising to the bone. He'd have taken an Iboprufen tablet and a glass of water - and played again the next Saturday.
  • hmm, get on the phone to Sol quick sharp......
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]hmm, get on the phone to Sol quick sharp......

What you get up to in your spare time is nothing to do with us mate!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]All these comments stating no great loss etc is all well & good until we get some of the Third raters like Upson playing in their place instead, then we'll be out of the tournament much earlier than we should be. Cannot stand the likes of Ashley Cole or John Terry as people, England however are a much better side with them in the team rather than out.

Completely agree. For me, one of the big points of optimism going into this world cup is that we had some big game players who have been in and around champions league semi finals and finals for many consecutive years. That kind of experience is priceless if you want to win a major tournament, and even if his form has been a little indifferent this year, Terry is a big loss to the squad. The guy isn't the captain of one of the best sides in Europe for nothing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Not out of the world cup bruised bone as he was walking on it freely.

Is that all ?

Gets paid £120k a week to be rushed to hospital with a bit of bruising.

The Chelsea players of the 70s must be laughing their heads off - you can't imagine Chopper Harris being rushed to hospital with bruising to the bone. He'd have taken an Iboprufen tablet and a glass of water - and played again the next Saturday.

To be fair Oggy, if it is indeed bruising, it won't so much be the player throwing a hissy fit as general panic in the support staff about not making the injury any worse and ensuring he's back as quickly as possible. That's the priority, rather than Terry's discomfort
  • A bit of tongue in cheek there, Sussex ...... as you could probably see.

Just picking up on the newspaper article of Terry being "rushed" to hospital in what surely wasn't an emergency situation.
    And comparing to the old days (with a Monty Python-esque exaggeration) of how yesterday's players on less than Hollywood wages would invariably run through brick walls for the cause.

I certainly appreciate he's treated as a valuable racehorse these days within the Chelsea team.
    And you can't blame them for protecting their not inconsiderable investment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]A bit of tongue in cheek there, Sussex ...... as you could probably see.

Just picking up on the newspaper article of Terry being "rushed" to hospital in what surely wasn't an emergency situation.
    And comparing to the old days (with a Monty Python-esque exaggeration) of how yesterday's players on less than Hollywood wages would invariably run through brick walls for the cause.

I certainly appreciate he's treated as a valuable racehorse these days within the Chelsea team.
    And you can't blame them for protecting their not inconsiderable investment.

Yeah agreed. Good comment about him being an 'investment', as I suppose every week he doesn't play is 120k down the drain! Not surprising they wrap them in cotton wool
  • He hopes to play on Saturday in the final.

Panic over.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He hopes to play on Saturday in the final.

Panic over.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Blessing in disguise.

I sense the panic was not on your part ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He hopes to play on Saturday in the final.

Panic over.

Good job he was "rushed" to hospital then.

Any slight delay could have meant he was out for months.
  • Just another example of shitehawk journalism...

If you haven't got a story, make one up...

Personally, I think England would be a poorer squad without him....
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Just another example of shitehawk journalism...

Down here in balmy sub-Tropical Cornwall, we call seagulls "Shitehawks".

Thought you'd like to know that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Just another example of shitehawk journalism...

Down here in balmy sub-Tropical Cornwall, we call seagulls "Shitehawks".

Thought you'd like to know that.

...and if you'd seen the state of my car this morning you'd have heard them called a lot more things too! Couldn't have done less damage if I'd have stood on the bonnet and done it myself.

Them townies don't know what we have to put up with...