Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Feeling Old

I remember thinking I'd come to a watershed when the Heavyweight Champion of the World was younger than me, Mike Tyson. Then it was England football captain, Platt in '93 and Cricket Atherton.
Now for the first time in my life the Prime Minister is younger than me. That does make me feel old.......

Comments

• Options
    I have the same feeling when I realise that the majority of the Charlton squad are younger than me and I'm only 30 :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. I thought it would be a lot further down the line for me when both the Charlton manager and the PrimeMinister were both younger than me, I'll be drinking halfs of bitter before to long.
  • Options
    Dont worry about it boys... f*** it youll be alright....

go and do a bottle of vodka in the park and relive your youth, thatll put a smile on your face.....
  • Options
    I started feeling old a few years ago when my boss was appointed. He was 10 years younger than me...
  • Options
    Not that I have a problem with the cops but when you're 62 and some young 21 year old PC tries to get smart with you it is 'very' hard to take!
  • Options
    You are officially old the day after your 34th birthday - when you realise you are closer to 50 than you are to 18.
  • Options
    I felt very old this Sunday morning, waking up after bowling 6 overs in a row on Saturday afternoon, the aches and pains get harder every season.....
  • Options
    You're old when the pope starting looks young.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    Now for the first time in my life the Prime Minister is younger than me. That does make me feel old.......

Talking of which, how old is Nick Clegg? :D
  • Options
    We were having the same discussion this morning. I can remember as a kid thinking that the players must be really old, then in my 20's thinking that there was still hope that a super scout might just turn up at Wormwood Scrubs rec on a Sunday morning and realise I'd slipped thorugh the net, then in my 30's thinking "Well...at least I'm still younger than all the managers", now I'm having to come to terms with the fact that the PM is only a year or two older than me! Flipping eck...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Groucho Marx " You`re only as old as the woman you feel"
  • Options
    A few weeks ago I was watching a Scottish match when I became aware of the fact that one of the players, a certain Tom Hateley, is the son of Mark Hateley.

And he is the grandson of Tony Hateley who I remember seeing play!
  • Options
    Found out yesterday a kid that used to get on my train to work in his school uniform is turning 30 :-(
  • Options
    Your only as old as you feel gents.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Your only as old as you feel gents.

I feel about 92.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

I feel about 92.

haha sorry mate.
  • Options

words of wisdom from rupert, i think you should start your own column instead of dear deidre we can have Dear Ru :o)
  • Options
    Another sign is when you reach a birthday that you remember your Dad celebrating......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

words of wisdom from rupert, i think you should start your own column instead of dear deidre we can have Dear Ru :o)

Johnny with your business ideas and my comedey we really could rule the world my friend :-). And rather than a pic of an aging women it would be a pic of a lil bear at the top of the column genius mate pure genius.
  • Options
    For me, the strangest sign of being old is feeling great the day after you play football... but then being hardly able to walk on the next day.

'Old' is when it takes two days to ache.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]For me, the strangest sign of being old is feeling great the day after you play football... but then being hardly able to walk on the next day.

With you all the way on that one, Dave! lol
  • Options
    Bob Dylan lyrics:

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

Please tell me it's true .......?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]For me, the strangest sign of being old is feeling great the day after you play football... but then being hardly able to walk on the next day.

Really old is when the bits that don't hurt don't work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Really old is when the bits that don't hurt don't work.

Don't have that problem yet!
  • Options
    I felt old turning 20 in that I'm halfway to 40! It just feels like it's going to slip by so quickly now, and I get conscious of having to squeeze every drop out of being young before I have my 'where did the years go' moment.

Phrases like 'youth is wasted on the young' always terrify me, because I feel like I'm missing out on some deep wisdom that I'll kick myself later on for not knowing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I felt old turning 20 in that I'm halfway to 40! It just feels like it's going to slip by so quickly now, and I get conscious of having to squeeze every drop out of being young before I have my 'where did the years go' moment.

Phrases like 'youth is wasted on the young' always terrify me, because I feel like I'm missing out on some deep wisdom that I'll kick myself later on for not knowing.

Best ten years of your life to come mate. Dont feel like this your 20's are wicked and i have only had 3 and a half years of them and i have already had the times of my life and am continuing to do so now. I think they are the best cos your not expected to behave adult but you get all the benefits of being an adult enjoy your 20's like i am mate and then think about the rest when you turn 30 ;-).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I felt old turning 20 in that I'm halfway to 40! It just feels like it's going to slip by so quickly now, and I get conscious of having to squeeze every drop out of being young before I have my 'where did the years go' moment.

Well, I was 20 once ....... and funnily enough, I'm older than that now.

Looking back, the "best days of your life" come whenever you're open to them, regardless of 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.
    However young or old you are, every single day can be the best day of your life - it all depends on your attitude, sense of direction/ambition, ability to laugh at yourself and with others.

And sieze the moment.

Whatever age you are, really it's all a bowl of cherries. Or not.
    You decide!
  • Options
    I scored twice for my football team today and it has lobbed about ten years off of my general demeanour.

Proper Steptoe tomorrow though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I scored twice for my football team today and it has lobbed about ten years off of my general demeanour.

Proper Steptoe tomorrow though!

So right now you're behaving like a 12 year old?
    Need to cut down on the Pepsi, Scoh.

;o)
  • Options
    Cheers Ru and Oggy for aiding me in getting through my quarter life crisis!