Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England 30

Yes Darren!

Comments

• Is Scholes in?
  • parker made the squad too
  • edited May 2010
    (Reply to Plaayer) Don't think so - Spotty Parker is though....

Only heard it on radio - trying to find it online.
  • Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.
  • Just seen it on the BBC ticker thanks.

King, Parker, Adam Johnson, Baines, Carragher, Dawson, Huddlestone, Joe Cole all in.

No Zamora or Hargreaves.
  • edited May 2010
    repeat post
  • Wait, since when has Carragher been available for selection?...i thought he jacked it in.
  • Just confirms what everyone already knows about England. Strongest starting XI will compete with the best. An injury to a couple of key players and the depth isn't there.

Centre back a worry. Goalkeeper a worry.
  • Capello made the call to him and he accepted
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited May 2010
    Dawson/Upson, Warnock, Barry, Huddlestone, Parker, SWP and Benty to get cut...
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Is Scholes in?

Thought Scholes jacked intenational football in about 3 years ago?.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Is Scholes in?

Was saying on BBC earlier that he had been given a call asking him to come out of retirement like Carragher.
  • I thought Barry was injured?

And why do we need Lennon, SWP and Walcott all in the squad.
  • Three left backs, five right wingers and one right back and heskey
    ummm........
  • Think that's a relatively strong squad.

Did anyone see the Capello Index website? It placed Ledley King and Michael Dawson as the best English defenders, above Rio Ferdinand and John Terry.
  • Carragher is a RB. So he covers Johnson.
  • To be honest it's a relatively predictable squad. Heskey was always going to be in, Capello likes the job he does as Rooney's foil. We've got 3 left backs to make sure A.Cole is 100%, got both Huddlestone and Parker on board to cover Barry and got so many wing options in case Lennon has a set-back.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Wait, since when has Carragher been available for selection?...i thought he jacked it in.
    Apparently Capello has been talking to him for a while about coming back, would seem strange to call him up and not put him in the final sqaud. Personally I think he has been poor this season and very lucky to be involved at all with the England team
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Is Scholes in?

Was saying on BBC earlier that he had been given a call asking him to come out of retirement like Carragher.

Hadn't seen that. Would have been very surprised if he had answered the call.

[cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I thought Barry was injured?

And why do we need Lennon, SWP and Walcott all in the squad.

This is just the initial squad. Gets chopped to 22 for the finals doesn't it?. Barry is 3-4 weeks so I guess it is a chance to assess him. He has become a fixture under Fabio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Benty is going to fight Heskey for this one. At least he has a slim chance - more than that prat Erikson ever gave him.
  • Just noticed. No Downing. Bit of a surprise. Don't rate him myself, but he has been in all recent squads.
  • Carragher is in the mix because Capello, quite rightly, thinks Johnson is a liability... personally I'd rather have had Gary Neville but I'd imagine Carragher's utility is he can drop into CB as Ferdinand and King are crocks
  • I'm actually surprised that Gary Neville didn't make the squad, think I'd rather him than Carragher.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Just noticed. No Downing. Bit of a surprise. Don't rate him myself, but he has been in all recent squads.

think Johnson has usurped him really, but I agree, a surprise omission
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Just noticed. No Downing. Bit of a surprise. Don't rate him myself, but he has been in all recent squads.

True, and no Ashley Young either so our only left winger is Johnson who plays right wing for his club.

Also why is Michael Carrick in the squad?!
  • Hope we don't take Walcott. No end product - and before anyone mentions it, I thought the goal against Barca was a very rare moment of quality.
  • Milner has been playing on the left for England hasn't he?
  • I rate Carragher and think he would do a job for us. He plays with some shite at Liverpool.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm actually surprised that Gary Neville didn't make the squad, think I'd rather him than Carragher.

I admit that Carragher isn't in great form, but after seeing Neville ripped apart by Ribery away to Bayern, i'm glad he's not in the squad.