Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One play off legend fall from grace.

2»

Comments

• fair enough henry, well done for being proactive, i expected nothing less! I thought you said they actually were up for sale, as opposed to just the notice on Steve Jones' (I think) eBay store.

neway not sure what pennies the club have to offer Sir Clive but between the fans we should be able to ensure that if he does sell them they can be displayed as they should be at The Valley. Not sure if you can do justgiving for non charities but I know that if you could and there was one set up to ensure they were displayed at The Valley, I'd chuck a tenner in.
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]fair enough henry, well done for being proactive, i expected nothing less! I thought you said they actually were up for sale, as opposed to just the notice on Steve Jones' (I think) eBay store.

neway not sure what pennies the club have to offer Sir Clive but between the fans we should be able to ensure that if he does sell them they can be displayed as they should be at The Valley. Not sure if you can do justgiving for non charities but I know that if you could and there was one set up to ensure they were displayed at The Valley, I'd chuck a tenner in.

Steve Jones had said on Ebay that they were "coming soon" ie would be on sale soon. That's how I found out. However I can't find anything at all now on Ebay which may mean that they aren't to be sold.

Bromley Addicks have already offered £500 to buy some of the stuff or contribute towards a fund but hard to fund raise until we can be sure they are for sale and at what price. If I hear anything more I'll be sure to let people know.

Without entering into speculation I hope them not being offered for sale means that Clive no longer wants or needs to sell them.
  • I bumped into Clive along with Eddie Youds in The Auctioneer in Greenwich some years ago. At that point Clive was employed by the club working with Academy players but during our conversation he stated that it was not really his thing and was looking to return to Sunderland. As a matter of interest. It was Eddie that spotted our obvious interest in Sir Clive and came over to us dragging Clive with him. Credit to them both that they spent about an hour chatting all things football and its something that I will always fondly remember. Good luck and best wishes to Clive from me regardless of this thread.
  • I think if we get to Wembley we should somehow arrange to get Clive on the pitch before the game. That would surely bring back some great memories for some :)
  • might even get a game
  • Sir Clive is alive and well and living in a council house in Hylton Castle which is where he grew up as a lad....

More to the point, WTF's wrong with living on a council estate...?
  • Nothing is wrong with it, I live in cray and I know perfectly well about it. I was just surprised when I heard how things went or him after everything he done for the club. I hope this thread is nearly seen as concern rather than disrespectful to a legend.

A true legend, and I would love to see him at wembley alongside Burton.
  • Don't worry Cray. It's not you. You're perfectly entitled to talk about a Charlton legend.It's only one person that seems to think that you need their permission to start a thread.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jonjo-For-England[/cite]I think if we get to Wembley we should somehow arrange to get Clive on the pitch before the game. That would surely bring back some great memories for some :)
    I'm all for that, might be able to cadge a lift off him...
  • More to the point, WTF's wrong with living on a council estate...?

Well the first point of clarity is that they are not 'council estates as such but run by housing associations and trusts!.

The second point is that having had the missforune to live In Springfields and other assorted council estates as were in the 50s-80s is that the social engineering policies of councils like Greenwich at the time made them a depressing place to live!.
    When I made an application down in Woolwich the fact that I worked in Greenwich, parents were born and lived in Greenwich and was living in Greenwich semed to count for nothing!. Certainly no points were allocated, which was why I had to rent from the private sector!. People with all sorts of social problems moved in, people who had a choice moved out!. Leaving a chavvey, party piss up, fuck you mate, I do not give a monkeys attitude. etc etc. And that was to fellow tennants in my experience!

Nothing wrong with estates, just some of the people living in them!, NOT all ........
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing wrong with council estates.But not for sir Clive.The bloke should own his own estate.
  • Hear Hear
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Nothing wrong with council estates.But not for sir Clive.The bloke should own his own estate.
    Had he not scored his hat-trick against Sunderland he probably would...