Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How old are you?

Comments

• Options
    22, look younger, feel younger after seeing this thread!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]58

Managed a team that got to the last 16 of the FA Cup

OK, I'll play.

Was it a team that had got to the quarters in the past rather than under you?

subbuteo? ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]58

Managed a team that got to the last 16 of the FA Cup [/quote]

OK, I'll play.

Was it a team that had got to the quarters in the past rather than under you?[/quote]

No, I was at the helm. Lost 3-5.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]58

Managed a team that got to the last 16 of the FA Cup[/quote]

OK, I'll play.

Was it a team that had got to the quarters in the past rather than under you?[/quote]

subbuteo? ;-)[/quote]

Flick off!
  • Options
  • Options
    |Is this part of some underhanded marketing exercise?

38 btw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Same age as MOG - until Saturday

You "Old-ishGit" !
    ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R5lcZFWEwg&feature=related

More like Richard Hell & The Voidoids......
    "I belong to the............"
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sherrington and 52 and played for the football team.... Then you will know me then Dave.
    Remember Lionel del La Mer..... cannot really forget a name like that could you. Used to,play up Charlton Park for the school yes!.
    played in the first five a side Greenwich council at Charlton park with Jeff Wood and Martin Chamberlain . Had to wear Westham reserve kit, as the other players were older from Springfields!. You must have been a 'johnny come lately ' re Charlton as I am convinced I was the only one at school in that year who had a Charlton kit! bought from Nobles in Deptford !. ( or at least the only one that wore it at school).
    Tennis Ball in the Playground yes!

So yes old git..... 58
  • Options
    15-Contender for youngest lifer? :)
  • Options
    ... Blank Generation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite] Managed a team that got to the last 16 of the FA Cup (work that one out).

Tell us more.
  • Options
    I can take it or leave it each each time
  • Options
    62 as best I can remember. It's great - I'm old enough to be able to hide my own easter eggs.
  • Options
    Dave, THE FA Cup or A FA Cup
  • Options
    34, going grayer by the day :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]62 as best I can remember. It's great - I'm old enough to be able to hide my own easter eggs.

and forget where you hid them!
  • Options
  • Options
    i think it is great so many over 50's can use a pc and the odd over 60 its like a digital saga holiday site ;-|)
  • Options
    45, where did the years go.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    28, sometimes feel like I'm about 50 though.
  • Options
    bit older than me teeth
  • Options
    Older than Parky, but nowhere near old enough to be Christian Dailly's Mum...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    26 on the 29th may, I feel young when at football, feel about 46 when at home with the wife
  • Options
    13 got to be the youngest
  • Options
    Part of my ...ahem ... glittering football managerial career included three seasons in the womens' game.

So Womens' FA Cup to be exact. And no, not player manager before anyone asks.

Ken - we must have been team mates at some stage. I do remember Lionel Delamare - and his mate Cliff Parkes. Never had a Charlton shirt. Times were hard.

I can remember a few from the Sherington team ... Phil Snow, Ray Saunders, Geoff Dyett, Colin Dunkley, Stan Langford.

Christ. It's fifty years ago.
  • Options
    Were you player manager Dave?
  • Options
    51 - still reasonably fit - go to the gym and hobble (or wobble) around the squash court

Charlton Manor so probably came up against the Sherington 'crew' at some point!
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Were you player manager Dave?[/quote]

Wish I'd predicted that.

Oh, wait a minute ...