Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona Vs Inter 28/04/2010

Comments

• Options
    Commentators talk rubbish as well ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Please someone bring him to the Premier League.
    He'll be back once he wins La Liga with Madrid next season...
  • Options
    Great celebration at the end too
  • Options
    Good to see inter go through, will stop the media wetting themselves over another MasterClass from the catalan geniuses.
  • Options
    Brilliant. Im so happy Barca didnt get through. Not because i dislike them...although the Barca bandwagon really f**ks me off sometimes, but because of Clive Tyldsley. He is so biased towards them. hahaha he'll be moping
    his tears up with his Barca shirt tonight!.....w*nker.

Happy for Mourinho as well. Legend. Arrogant but has such class to back it up. Brilliant for the game.
  • Options
    Another footballing masterclass at the Nou Camp, just this time it was a masterclass in how to organise a defence and set a team up to spoil the life out of an opposition. Not so pretty on the eye, but just as valid as a way to get results.

I know he's a bit of a cock sometimes but I really do miss Jose.
  • Options
    And another thing, bit quiet and passionless those catalans, until they scored, when they suddenly become the most passionate and noisy fans in the world according to the commentators.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Please someone bring him to the Premier League.[/quote]

Sod the premier league I know a div 3 club that would not say no to him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Another footballing masterclass at the Nou Camp, just this time it was a masterclass in how to organise a defence and set a team up to spoil the life out of an opposition. Not so pretty on the eye, but just as valid as a way to get results.

Kind of makes me feel better about our result against Oldham! ;-)

PS Screw Barcelona
  • Options
    As a centre half myself thought the defending by Inter tonight was top class, it's an art that FIFA are trying to ruin by changing all the laws of the game. Soon you'll only be able to intercept not tackle at all. A Truly exceptional defensive effort tonight a case of the Immovable object resisting the irresistable force.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_jose11.gif
  • Options
    Thought Barca were a bit too reliant on Messi & Xavi tonight, Pedro Etc didn't ris eto the occassion. Excellent from Inter though!
  • Options
    Yeah - really quiet Dowman. I suppose you speak from the dozens of games you've seen at the Nou Camp - as opposed to the way you hear the sound coming from your fucking television, which - as any muppet with intelligence above a mollusc knows is ramped up and down according to the whim of television directors for dramatic effect.

Fair play to Inter - they defended fantastically well. Thought Samuel, Lucio, Zanetti and Cambiasso were outstanding. As for Ibrahimovic, sounds strange, but Barca played into their hands a bit by taking the useless lump off - even though he was worse than dogshite on the night he was still the best chance of getting anything from a set piece - taking off the one forward player over 5ft 8 off when chasing a game was an odd decision. Perfectly good goal disallowed tonight, and a sure-fire penalty turned down and their third goal offside last week - but there's no way Motta's red card was even a booking. Refs got a lot of decisions wrong for both teams tonight and last week.

Ah well, like I said at work yesterday, the Chumpions' league is the icing on the cake. The really important thing is the league, and beating the scum to the title. WOuld have been nice to snatch the European cup in their stadium, but c'est la vie!
  • Options
    Ah, sorry that inter rained on your anointed parade Leroy, just makes it all the funnier when you get a response like that. The crowd were seriously quiet for most of the second half though, thought the Nigel ultra 12 year olds got more of an atmosphere than that. Hope Real win the league now too, that would be really funny. Of course you never real cared about winning the champions league at reals ground anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    that ball to hand decision was a joke just outside the box that led to the barca disalllowed goal .....
    not in a million years would the ref have given a penalty if the same incident had happened to a defender in the box
    but love him or hate him mourinho is the daddy, his 'i don't give a fook' attitude to all and sundry is something to behold, the arrogance of a true winner fair play to 'the translator'....
    i want him as our manager when we knock millwall out of the play offs at the new senegal fields den in the last minute , proper giving it to em!
  • Options
    He is indeed the master, would love to see him back in England.
  • Options
    Lucio needs to stop being a dick

great defending a round but Lucio is infuriating
  • Options
    congratulations to our 'twinned strategists' from the '90's.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Ah, sorry that inter rained on your anointed parade Leroy, just makes it all the funnier when you get a response like that. The crowd were seriously quiet for most of the second half though, thought the Nigel ultra 12 year olds got more of an atmosphere than that. Hope Real win the league now too, that would be really funny. Of course you never real cared about winning the champions league at reals ground anyway.
    God almighty you're a pillock. Reaction like what, precisely? Calling you out on your obvious wind-up, or being as gracious in defeat as I was in the rest of my mail? Get back in your pond.
  • Options
    LOL

and people say that I may occasionally be abrupt or confrontational.

Not that I am, of course. : - )

As Ketman said great display of defending from Inter. I'm not as in awe of Jose as some but had to admire him giving it to the Barca fans and you can't knock his record. Titles in three countries and now Inter's first final since they lost to Ajax in 72.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shove it Irving, you WUM :)

Mourinho's awesome - love him and want to see him back in the premiershit as soon as possible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Good to see inter go through, will stop the media wetting themselves over another MasterClass from the catalan geniuses.

So what is your problem? You have something against Catalans or you don't like to see a team universally praised because it has been playing the best football on the planet for the last two years?

I would love to see Mourinho back. But not to Man United or Liverpool because then I would not be able to enjoy his success.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]... had to admire him giving it to the Barca fans
    I didn't see it that way at all, he was celebrating with the Inter fans who were up the heavens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]... had to admire him giving it to the Barca fans
    I didn't see it that way at all, he was celebrating with the Inter fans who were up the heavens.

In the middle of the pitch? He knew what he was doing. yeah, celebrate with the Inter fans but he knew it would wind up their players and fans and good on him.
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Shove it Irving, you WUM :)

I would respond but it must be your "time of the month" as you're are expressing an opinion : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]but there's no way Motta's red card was even a booking.

Nailed on yellow card, rules are pretty clear, you can't put your hand in another players face.
  • Options
    Inter played the typical Italian game. Cynical fouls, time-wasting, general spoiling tactics etc.
    Very impressive as they didn't even have one actual Italian play all night! Arsenal used to get loads of grief for similar but it's ok with Inter apparently.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Inter played the typical Italian game. Cynical fouls, time-wasting, general spoiling tactics etc.
    Very impressive as they didn't even have one actual Italian play all night! Arsenal used to get loads of grief for similar but it's ok with Inter apparently.[/quote]

negative football at its purest, hope bayern turn them over in the final
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]but there's no way Motta's red card was even a booking.

Nailed on yellow card, rules are pretty clear, you can't put your hand in another players face.

If the player did not go down as if he had been punched forcefully in the face when Motta's fingers lightly brushed him under the chin I don't think the referee would have had cause to even give a free kick.

Referees cannot see everything and their jobs are made impossible by highly paid professionals who think it is ok to simulate injury in order to get opposing players sent off.
  • Options
    Lucio - the type of player you hate as an oppo, but would love to have on your side. Knows all the tricks in the book.
  • Options
    Leroy, the comments are not aimed at you, a wind up, or the Catalans in general SE8, I was happy they are not in the final mainly because of the media/commentators potrayal of them as all conquering football heroes, it grinds after a while, it must be real madrid's turn next year for the hype.