Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

palace tonight

1235»

Comments

• Options
    thats was before they sold everyone.......

they will stay up I reckon...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    we had a chat this evening about going to hillborough on sunday to film a choice tv palace relegation special but £70 for a train ticket put paid to that idea.
    god knows how west brom didnt win that game and what a huge gulf between those 2 sides there was, it was like prem v league 1. at least danns is out for sunday which should help wednesday, surely at home in front of a big crowd wednesday will do it
  • Options
    Awww bless your little Charlton hearts.........this is the most excited I have seen you lot since 2005!

It's quite ironic, that we are now effectively in a League one play-off final..........something you aspire to.

In all honestly If we go down I'll be pretty indifferent to it all, I only care about the clubs continued existance, and being a league one side or championship will make little difference to the prospective buyers, the ground ownership is the biggest issue this club has right now.

As an aside, I have always enjoyed watching Palace, as we tend to be going up or going down (usually in back to back seasons).

With PL plans to extend parachite payments to 4 years, effectively creating a prem 2 by the back door, there is very little prospect of us now rejoining the gravy train in the forseeable future, as a result I think we may all (you lot included) have to get used to scrapping at the bottom half of the championship and League one.

Now then the Holmesdale fanatics.......I was quite sceptical of all this when it started, but I take my hat off to them, they create a fantastic atmosphere and that is now spreading through the ground, they are one of the best things to come out of this season and despite your someviews on here, the impact they have had has been noted in envious way by virtually every team we have played this season.

On sunday at Hillsborough we will have 5700 there and believe me you will hear them. wooooooooo ;-)
  • Options
    The Holmesdale Fanatics are about 12 and hardly the ultras they proclaim to be.
  • Options
    I watched the football league highlights and Sheffield Wednesday looked pretty decent going forward against Cardiff.

Them Holmesdale Fanatics are embarrasing. Look like Ben Mitchell, The Milky Bar Kid & Mr Muscle on a Palace day out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]The Holmesdale Fanatics are about 12 and hardly the ultras they proclaim to be.

To be fair, they're doing more than any of us....
  • Options
    great game last night - should have been about 6-6!!

even smelt the hint of an atmosphere at Sellout...

anyway, here's hoping Wednesday can do the business on Sat - have had a soft spot for them since the swashbuckling Hirst, Warhurst and Waddle side of the early nineties

not that anyone needs an excuse to wish Palace bad luck!
  • Options
    I would love it if Sheff Wednesday do them on sunday! but wont we all

Last game was a good one, West Brom could have won it a few times over if they had a bit of composure. however my highlight of the game was ambrose shot in last few minutes saved of the line by a defender haha although i only watched bits of the game
  • Options
    Surprised to see the crowd was less than 18k. Not surprised in terms of numbers as that's more than good for a Palace game, but because apart from a block separating the home and away fans, it looked close to a sell out and doesn't Selhurst hold about 27-28k. Where were the 10k empty seats? Tax dodge?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]The Holmesdale Fanatics are about 12 and hardly the ultras they proclaim to be.

They are young, but then again I am old!

But you make such a good point, it's outrageous that a group of young fans should work together to create there own fans group and produce and atmosphere that is relevent to them, how dare they take the identity of our club and try and add something positive to it, something not manufactured by sky.

The sooner these people stop creating a positive atmosphere the better eh! After all what kind of club needs fans like that................................

They should all be watching Chelsea, Man u..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if its been said before, but there were 1,227 Albion there last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

They are young, but then again I am old!

But you make such a good point, it's outrageous that a group of young fans should work together to create there own fans group and produce and atmosphere that is relevent to them, how dare they take the identity of our club and try and add something positive to it, something not manufactured by sky.

The sooner these people stop creating a positive atmosphere the better eh! After all what kind of club needs fans like that................................

They should all be watching Chelsea, Man u..........

Have to agree with SOS. At least they are trying to do something and on their own not expecting the Club or someone else to do it for them. And if they are 12 even better. What are our 12 or 21 year olds doing?

Was surprised by the low-ish gate for what could be Palace's last ever game at Selhurst. Personally I've always felt that they would stay up even if I didn't think it would go to the wire but other than 2005 they tend to do well in these types of games.

Oohahh will be orgasming about that away support anytime now.
  • Options
    Hated Sheffield Wednesday since they relegated us from the Prem in 98/99 and their fans gloried in our misfortune.

On the other hand I'm no fan of Palace either!

On the basis I don't see us going up I think I'd prefer another local derby next season to marginally brighten up the depression of another season in division 3 :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Surprised to see the crowd was less than 18k. Not surprised in terms of numbers as that's more than good for a Palace game, but because apart from a block separating the home and away fans, it looked close to a sell out and doesn't Selhurst hold about 27-28k. Where were the 10k empty seats? Tax dodge?

It's confusing, because I was at the Villa v Palace game at Selhurst (in the Villa end!) and I could hardly see an empty seat, yet the attendance was 20,000. Football Ground Guide says capacity is 26,000.
  • Options
    dont like to admit it but palace are coming across very loud on the tv these days and seem to sing in all parts of the stadium,we on the other hand never seem to be heard bar the north ,we need to sort it out because tinny cafc cafc is hardly rousing .
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday game is now (not surprisingly) a complete sell out.
    Anyone know if it's on tv? Nothing advertised on sky but someone told me they're showing Blackpool v Bristol city!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Sheffield Wednesday game is now (not surprisingly) a complete sell out.
    Anyone know if it's on tv? Nothing advertised on sky but someone told me they're showing Blackpool v Bristol city!

bbc1 have this game on live ... they've been sneaking a few league games in this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Hated Sheffield Wednesday since they relegated us from the Prem in 98/99 and their fans gloried in our misfortune.

On the basis I don't see us going up I think I'd prefer another local derby next season to marginally brighten up the depression of another season in division 3 :-(
    They didn't relegate us. Even if we'd beaten them 25-0 we'd have still gone down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Hated Sheffield Wednesday since they relegated us from the Prem in 98/99 and their fans gloried in our misfortune.

They didn't relegate us. Even if we'd beaten them 25-0 we'd have still gone down.

True. Southampton won. I'd forgotten that bit.