Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

palace tonight

Comments

• Options
    Ambrose has stolen a couple of kids. ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]"Despite a crap result so many of them were overjoyed when they got their nigel mugs on the tele.

Two bob"

I noticed that too. Mugs.[/quote]
    Was going to post about that exact point![/quote]

i know, that was strange, every single group of them trying to look gutted then as soon as they realise theyre on the big screen they start to behave as if theyre on swap shop
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ambrose has stolen a couple of kids. ;-)

smoke screen!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

That bugs me. Beckham did it once and now every footballer, no matter how shite, feels the need to do it. Winds me up.

I mean take thier kids on the pitch...not stealing children.
  • Options

legal nowadays???

I'll be at Hillsborough Sunday, trying to log on to get a ticket now but unsurprisingly the system is struggling!
  • Options
    that'll be a sell out wont it?
  • Options
    Palace got 3,800 tickets and SW are selling £10 a ticket, £5 all concessions... barring segregation and the bits of the Leppings Lane that won't be allocated, think it will be gone in a couple of days now
  • Options
    Come on you Owls. Been a bad night for being a Nigel, I turned over to sky sports news straight after and it said 'SSN understands palace could be a month from extinction as no money to keep the club going over the summer' not sure I want that, it would reduce the comedy options and we would never get to relegate them again, or laugh when someone else does.
  • Options
    To be fair, if Palace had lost that game by 6 or 7 goals they could have had no complaints.

Lovely team to watch that West Brom - could surprise a few next season.
  • Options
    well wednesday relegated us in 99 and I have hated them ever since, now is their chance to redeem themselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    40,000 Yorkshire puddings roaring Wednesday on. It won't be easy for Palace to get the point they need.
  • Options
    When we came down from the championship, we were like a wet lettuce. At least palace battle. I think they will fight for a point at Wednesday. We all know Varney's limitations and as for expecting Jeffers to score, jeeze, I don't think he has scored a goal all season.Just to think we paid, how much? two million for the useless tosser. perhaps he will redeem himself in our eyes and do a Jonny Fortune.
  • Options
    If palace stay up it will be nasty, loads of Wednesday won't really care anymore, back to League One so the last 4 years "wasted", financially still stuck in the mid 90's rut and with a takeover more illusive than ours. As well, the tram to Hillsborough is out on Sunday so there will be a long walk / bus to get the couple of miles from the station. Would not fancy that on the way home.
  • Options
    Who hear that song the (Palace Ultras) were singing...

Were palace, were palace, were palace

And thats the way we like it, we like it, we like it...

ooooooooo...oooooo

HAHA! What are they trying to be?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Who hear that song the (Palace Ultras) were singing...

Were palace, were palace, were palace

And thats the way we like it, we like it, we like it...

ooooooooo...oooooo

HAHA! What are they trying to be?

St Pauli song that Palace have decided to latch on to at some point through this season. Fairly sickening but par for the course.
  • Options
    at least they're having a go ... it beats C-A-F-C-C-A-F-C-C-A-F-C....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]at least they're having a go ... it beats C-A-F-C-C-A-F-C-C-A-F-C....

And even that's drowned out by the happy clappers.
  • Options
    do you think those free flags could count as a club asset?

as a whole batch they are surely worth as much as Calvin Andrew?
  • Options
    Come on now lads, less of the bitterness.

Tonight was a bonus opportunity to get the win, which would have meant Sunday just being another fixture.

Unfortunately West Brom are a good side, and we couldn't find enough quality to steal a win. However our away form is what has kept us out of the bottom 3 this season, and I fully expect us to continue on Sunday, I honestly don't think Wednesday have it in them to beat us, which they need to do.

I'm afraid if you want to recommence the South London rivalry, it's down to you lot succeeding in the play-offs, because we're certainly not going down to division 3.

Come on you Eagles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'm afraid if you want to recommence the South London rivalry, it's down to you lot succeeding in the play-offs

gulp
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You got the F.E.A.R
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Come on now lads, less of the bitterness.

Tonight was a bonus opportunity to get the win, which would have meant Sunday just being another fixture.

Unfortunately West Brom are a good side, and we couldn't find enough quality to steal a win. However our away form is what has kept us out of the bottom 3 this season, and I fully expect us to continue on Sunday, I honestly don't think Wednesday have it in them to beat us, which they need to do.

I'm afraid if you want to recommence the South London rivalry, it's down to you lot succeeding in the play-offs, because we're certainly not going down to division 3.

Come on you Eagles.
    'couldn't find enough quality to steal a win'. Thanks for that - I LOLd. They had at least ten chances to bury you - no exaggeration to say you should have lost that 6-2.

40,000 woolybacks roaring them on, your best player missing through his own stupidity... You'll bottle it. Sadly, we'll do exactly the same thing when we (inevitably) meet the spanners in the playoffs. See you in div 3 next year (if you survive the summer)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]as for expecting Jeffers to score, jeeze, I don't think he has scored a goal all season.Just to think we paid, how much? two million for the useless tosser.

We eventually paid just £500,000.

The next instalment was due after Jaffers played 20 games ........ why do you think he never played for us again, but was benched and then loaned out permanently?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Is it too much to ask for either a Luke Varney winner, or McCarthy own goal to relegate them on Sunday??

Ambrose OG for me.

[cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]If palace stay up it will be nasty, loads of Wednesday won't really care anymore, back to League One so the last 4 years "wasted", financially still stuck in the mid 90's rut and with a takeover more illusive than ours. As well, the tram to Hillsborough is out on Sunday so there will be a long walk / bus to get the couple of miles from the station. Would not fancy that on the way home.

Wouldn't fancy that walk back into town surrounded by angry Yorkshiremen.

St Pauli do that chant much, much better than any Palace videos I've seen.
  • Options
    Only watched the last half hour but my thoughts:

Danns was stupid, i'd be fuming if i was a Palace fan as he's now banned for sunday.
    How did Stern John not score? I was just waiting for the net to bulge.
    What a clearance by Cech from Ambrose in the 96th minute.
    How did West brom not score 4 or 5, should've buried them long before the end.

Got to fancy Wednesday now in front of a sell out Hillsborough, especially if they can score first. My worry is if Palace nick one, the 40k crowd on their backs suddenly becomes a problem. I'm assuming it's live on tv yes?
  • Options
    you'll be fine Budgie, Wendy haven't got it in them to get a win, while i think you've got a pretty resilient team with players such as Derry who may be limited, but have an excellent fighting attitude.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Come on now lads, less of the bitterness.

Come on you Eagles.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself there!
  • Options
    Just looked at the table, Wednesday's home form is average as you'd expect from a struggling side, but Palace have only lost 5 away all season. Only Newcastle and West brom have lost fewer away games and only Newcastle have conceded fewer goals.
  • Options
    Due a defeat then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Just looked at the table, Wednesday's home form is average as you'd expect from a struggling side, but Palace have only lost 5 away all season. Only Newcastle and West brom have lost fewer away games and only Newcastle have conceded fewer goals.

Agreed, I'd love Wednesday to do it but they have had the look of death for a while now and don't seem to have the players to stay up.

Let's face facts, Palace are only down there because of the points deduction, they are a far better side than Wednesday.