Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Firm

2»

Comments

• Options
    I know it's fashionable to knock Nick Love films but I'm a big fan of 'The Business'.
    Danny Dyer is a knob but even he is good in it.
    Period details are spot on - clothes, music etc.

Any of you 'young uns' who weren't around to experience the early to mid 80's might like to check it out.
  • Options
    to be honest I wouldn't have cast Tom Cruise in the lead role and compared to the plot in Grisham's book it was a big letdown. In fact not many of Grisham's books have been made into a decent film in my opinion, except A Time to Kill possibly.
  • Options
    Watched similar film to the business last night, was quality. called Dead Man Running, got Danny D & Tamer in it

Highly recommend it to anyone who likes the business :o)
  • Options
    Is that the one with Rio & 50 cent involved in?

There is a much better film (I'm assuming that) with a similar title....Dead Man's Shoes, by Shane Meadows and got Paddy Considine (not sure if that's spelt right), decent little film.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Is that the one with Rio & 50 cent involved in?

There is a much better film (I'm assuming that) with a similar title....Dead Man's Shoes, by Shane Meadows and got Paddy Considine (not sure if that's spelt right), decent little film.

50 cent is in it, didn't see Rio lol i may look it up cheers :o)
  • Options
    I refuse to believe anything with Danny Dyer, Tamer Hassan & 50 Cent in it, is any good. Unless its a snuff movie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I refuse to believe anything with Danny Dyer, Tamer Hassan & 50 Cent in it, is any good. Unless its a snuff movie.

Well i have said if you like the business you will like this and you can hold me to that, i assuming you dont so dont bother
  • Options
    it's pwopper norty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Is that the one with Rio & 50 cent involved in?

Rio produced/funded it. Think he has a small cameo. Haven't seen it but was told it's awful
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

Rio produced/funded it. Think he has a small cameo. Haven't seen it but was told it's awful

well if you like the business see it....simples :o)

I saw ashley cole on the productions list? but again unsure what he did and dont think he was in it lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dead man's shoes is a superb film.
  • Options
    The Business is Nick Loves best film. The Firm, for my money, was a pile o' shyte!

And just what is a "dry lunch"? Is that when you forget your Um-Bongo?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    There is a much better film (I'm assuming that) with a similar title....Dead Man's Shoes, by Shane Meadows and got Paddy Considine (not sure if that's spelt right), decent little film. .
    This thread is for shite mockney knockabouts (or knock abarts). Please don't spoil it by mentioning minor classics.
  • Options
    Didn't rate A Room for Romeo Brass as highly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]And just what is a "dry lunch"? Is that when you forget your Um-Bongo?
    Ha ha, that's what I was thinking!