Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

are we gonna help millwall get promotion......

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]I think we would beat Millwall at Wembley if we played them

What do you base this opinion on? Was it the draw at home to a side who played 55 minutes with 10 men or the 4-0 embarrassment?

And why couldn't we beat them in a final?

We start 0-0 both have 11 men anything can happen.

The way some of you are going on about us playing Millwall we might as well through in the towel before we even start. Hope the players don't have that same kind of attitude.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]We have to give ourselves the best possible chance in the play-offs which means finishing as high as possible to get the advantage of second leg at home regardless of opponent.

I've said all along that we won't have the bottle for play-offs but that said we have to try and give ourselves the best possible chance.[/quote]

I think we would have a much better chance in the play offs if we rested key players before semi's regardless of opponents or away 2nd leg.
  • edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]I think we would beat Millwall at Wembley if we played them[/quote]

What do you base this opinion on? Was it the draw at home to a side who played 55 minutes with 10 men or the 4-0 embarrassment?[/quote]

And why couldn't we beat them in a final?

We start 0-0 both have 11 men anything can happen.

The way some of you are going on about us playing Millwall we might as well through in the towel before we even start. Hope the players don't have that same kind of attitude.[/quote]

- Millwall have a habit of choking on the big occasion.
    - The big pitch would suit us a lot more than them.
    - They would be more disappointed about missing out on automatic promotion and could affect them psychologically along with missing out at Wembley last year.
  • If we face Millwall in the play-offs they will be over-confident after their results against us this season. Our players will want to restore some pride and get some revenge. I think we'd beat them.
  • Would that be the wembley pitch that is exactly the same size as the new den and bigger than the valley?
  • Can't see us beating you in the final, just not the way it works with Millwall.

I'd happily take you in the semi's though, with the 2nd leg at The Den when the atmosphere at night is always evil and hostile.

But much rather you beat Leeds Saturday & hopefully we can at least grab a draw away to Tranmere.
  • I hope we get Swindon in the semi's.

God has already decided they can't beat us this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Can't see us beating you in the final, just not the way it works with Millwall

Don't start playing mind games and messing with my head, I can only just cope with the BBC predictor at the moment ;-)
  • Some of these posts make for bizarre reading. Why wouldn't you want your own team to win, regardless of who it affects elsewhere? Like Charltons result is secondary to pi$$ing off Millwall? Some of you lot need a check-up!

That said, i'll be loving you lot long time if you could smash Leeds 4-0 on saturday.
  • When there is nothing else to play for Groucho...
  • Sponsored links:

• What Len said over the page - ignore the effect on other teams, lets give ourselves the best chance of getting through and that means finishing as high as poss' so we get home advantage in the second leg. Worry about the final if and when it happens.
  • I am sorry but Beating Leeds is crucial for us in the run in, it's all about momentum for the play off's, going into them having been beaten at home for last two home games & scraped a draw away is the form of a team resigned to failure. Gotta go all out to win this one & Oldham away, all these if's & but's & we might play is irrelevant. Nothing improves the players moods or mindset like a win, anyone who has played the game will know this.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Some of these posts make for bizarre reading. Why wouldn't you want your own team to win, regardless of who it affects elsewhere? Like Charltons result is secondary to pi$$ing off Millwall? Some of you lot need a check-up!

That said, i'll be loving you lot long time if you could smash Leeds 4-0 on saturday.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am sorry but Beating Leeds is crucial for us in the run in, it's all about momentum for the play off's, going into them having been beaten at home for last two home games & scraped a draw away is the form of a team resigned to failure. Gotta go all out to win this one & Oldham away, all these if's & but's & we might play is irrelevant. Nothing improves the players moods or mindset like a win, anyone who has played the game will know this.[/quote]

What they both said
  • I think it will be a draw to be honest. We have a poor defence right now and I think you may exploit that but our strikers are on form. Beckford wont start,(comment 30) it will be Becchio and gradel and Beckford will come on to try and ruffle a few feathers in the last 20 minutes as this has been the pattern in the last 5 games and as we beat dons last week the manager will keep that team. The 3 strikers have scored 11 between them in 4 games so it's highly likely Leeds will score but like I say our defence once again will let us down. Millwall have a toughy at Tranmere and have already stepped up performances beating Southampton and norwich plus they are playing for their lives. Millwall recently havent been good away either.
    I hope we win just because it would hate to let Millwall in, and I hope u win the playoffs beating Millwall in final. I think we will get a draw.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]When there is nothing else to play for Groucho...

It would be much better to finish 3rd or 4th than 5th or 6th. We will get an easier draw and be at home in the second leg.

Got to agree with Groucho on this one.
  • As much as i hate Millwall, if they go up in second its cos they deserve it. We just need to focus on what we've gotta do....and thats finish high enough that we get the second leg at home.