Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Dowie...

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
They gave the donkey nine games and he did it in only seven...

Comiserations to Hull fans everywhere....

Comments

• Options
    I have been told by a few friends who ain't stuck in dong an essay, that it is literally kicking off everywhere in town.

Drunk students goading drunk locals, never going to end well.
  • Options
    the only reason I am pleased West Ham are staying up is that Dowie is going down instead - Again.

his relegation record is like Hermann's
  • Options
    I read some crazy stuff about Hull earlier over on Redcafe

allegations about Phil Brown, ex directors, Jimmy Bullard

seems a club in freefall
  • Options
    new Pompey, admin by the time next season starts and would not be shocked to see them in League 1 by 2011/2012.

no relegation clauses in contracts and apparantly paying players like Gardner over 30k a week- absolute joke!
  • Options
    IF we do get promoted, staying up would be a lot easier with Hull and Pompey both possibly facing points deductions next season.

Training and man-management improved under Dowie according to a Hull player whose name escapes me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    Training and man-management improved under Dowie according to a Hull player whose name escapes me.

George Boateng...

9 games to manage Hull. He didn't get many more with us... Yet he's still seen as "useless"...?
  • Options
    Yet again Dowie's face appears on my TV screen and I involuntarily shout "UGLT C**T" at my screen.
  • Options
    Remember Murray saying at a Q&A the other year that Sloth interviewed really well. Guess that's the reason he gets so many jobs and is then quickly found out as the knob he is!

Football supporters are generally too quick to jeer when things don't go as they want, but this guy is without doubt the abiding factor that we're in the position we're in. If only we had got Billy Davies or Steve Bruce as Wigan did the year after us!
  • Options
    Did you not see George Boateng's interview on MOTD?
    Players like Dowie. They love him in fact. He wasn't given enough time with us IMO.
  • Options
    Chirpy, if you had heard what Murrary said about him and his incompetence I'm sure you'd agree he was given far too much time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]Chirpy, if you had heard what Murrary said about him and his incompetence I'm sure you'd agree he was given far too much time!
    I listen to football people. Football is not a business, nor is it a history of a collection of statistics.
    There are too ,any people on here (and involved in the club) who's unqualified opinions hold too much weight. People who may know EVERYTHING about Charlton but equally, know NOTHING about football.
  • Options
    I think by now it's quiet obvious that there is something seriously wrong with the way Dowie goes about his business. It's all very well the players liking him and being everyones mate, but the fact is the bloke can't manage a team properly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I read some crazy stuff about Hull earlier over on Redcafe

seems a club in freefall
    Or,alternatively, seems a load of old bollocks written about a club that no-one has any real information on, so sits in their bedroom typing random crap about players doing charlie, getting women up the stick and any other Modern Football Is Full Of Debauched Young Men bullshit they can think of. That bloke on redcafe knows sod-all about Hull. Sod-all.
  • Options
    Well said fella.
  • Options
    The one thing that Hull City got right was Dowie's job title: "Temporary Management Consultant."

Sums up his entire post-playing career.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I read some crazy stuff about Hull earlier over on Redcafe

seems a club in freefall
    Or,alternatively, seems a load of old bollocks written about a club that no-one has any real information on, so sits in their bedroom typing random crap about players doing charlie, getting women up the stick and any other Modern Football Is Full Of Debauched Young Men bullshit they can think of. That bloke on redcafe knows sod-all about Hull. Sod-all.

didn't say I believe it - but also seems that there are stories that will probably not make the light of day.

Money-wise they appear screwed up royally do I too wouldn't be surprised if they didn't suffer back to back relegations
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]didn't say I believe it - but also seems that there are stories that will probably not make the light of day.
    That's because that's exactly what they are: 'Stories'. Made up by 15 year olds and posted on messageboards to see how far they travel on the t'internet. Do you really think it's even remotely possible that there is a grain of truth to any of these rumours? The News Of The World would be all over them like a fly on shit if there was even 10% of truth in the rumours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Did you not see George Boateng's interview on MOTD?
    Players like Dowie. They love him in fact. He wasn't given enough time with us IMO.

1 day was too much time with us.
  • Options
    as pony as dowie was/is ... i believe even he would have been hard pushed to get us as low as our current standing in the football world
  • Options
    The man is utterly useless. He's more suited to Gillette Soccer Saturday, and even then he's not very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dowie has had approximately 1 1/2 seasons involvement with the Premier league and involved in the relegation of 4 clubs

Palace
    Charlton
    Newcastle
    Hull
  • Options
    hull were on the slide well before dowie,bar hes small time at charlton he has more than held hes own,whether more time for dowie would have benefited us,who can say,i think he went to quick,and putting les reed in charge of a premiership team was far more laughable,i strongly believe we also had a chance in that cup before the wycombe shambles.
  • Options
    dont be silly kap,he came to hull with all but the season over,palace he got promoted to the prem as well,and newcastle were managed by the great shearer,and was he in charge of charlton when they went down?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dont be silly kap,he came to hull with all but the season over,palace he got promoted to the prem as well,and newcastle were managed by the great shearer,and was he in charge of charlton when they went down?[/quote]

I did say involved,but in all honesty i also hold him responsible for the financial collapse,the volcanic eruption et al. I think I maybe biased against him :-).

That said his record since he left us he did not do too well at either QPR (OK who has) or Coventry and in his time at charlton he made some pretty poor buys, which wasted our resources.
  • Options
    im not a fan,but some people got off far less because there supposed to be nice guys!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    god only knows how a team as poor as west ham managed to stay up this year, the premiership is getting weaker but without hull and burnley and with newcastle and west brom back in it will be better
    well done dowie..rip hull city
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]im not a fan,but some people got off far less because there supposed to be nice guys!![/quote]

If it helps I hate Pardew more than Dowie, but felt sorry for Les Reed, who I thought should never have been offered the job -So I blame the board for his faults and of course if the board had gone for a replacement of dowie externally immediately then we would never have got Pardew (Whose appointment I applauded,like most other fans and even had an e-mail conversation with Peter Varney about it on Christmas day).
  • Options
    George Boatengs interview on MOTD made me laugh, seems to love Dowie and blamed the previous regime. This from the player Boateng who has been useless for Hull and arguably cost Hull something v Arsenal with a stupid sending off after 40mins and then gave away an equally stupid penalty v Villa which contributed to another defeat. If I was Boateng I would concentrate on my own game as it is clear the players at Hull are not good enough and are as to blame as Dowir or Brown.

Regardless it is amazing how many players seem to like Dowie despite his awful record in the last few years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]George Boatengs interview on MOTD made me laugh, seems to love Dowie and blamed the previous regime. This from the player Boateng who has been useless for Hull and arguably cost Hull something v Arsenal with a stupid sending off after 40mins and then gave away an equally stupid penalty v Villa which contributed to another defeat. If I was Boateng I would concentrate on my own game as it is clear the players at Hull are not good enough and are as to blame as Dowir or Brown.

Regardless it is amazing how many players seem to like Dowie despite his awful record in the last few years.

For all his faults (which are many) Dowie does have the redeeming feature of being man enough to take responsibility and accept that the buck stops here (ie with him) rather than blame everybody else in Pardewlike fashion or resort to cheap gimmicks like Phil Brown to make a more relevant comparison.

That is probably why players like him.
  • Options
    Fair point, I seem to remember reading that Darren Bent was a huge fan of Dowie's. However players cannot seriously have faith in Dowie that he can get results and be a successful manager. Aside from a good spell at Oldham and an excellent half season at Palace, his record is at best average (in terms of win percentages)