Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

successful or disappointing season

2»

Comments

• Yea all true Oggy, Uncle and MOG over priced country really isn't it. Still i stick by my view that anything above my predicted 10th place finish will be sucessful in my eyes.
  • And Computers.

;-)
  • And links.
  • and french prostitutes.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]and french prostitutes.

L'piat dearwhore
  • [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Successful if promotion is achieved; disappointing if it is not.
    It is that simple.

Well, compared to where we were pre-season with barely enough players to put out any sort of 1st team, a projected takeover that put an embargo on much of the best efforts of a manager, who himself didn't even know if he had a job next day ....... plus the stench of failure and hopelessness around both club and supporters - this club appears to have turned itself round in spirit, at least.

[cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]but all told, the spirit around the club seems so much more positive, as summarised by Swisdom above.

I vote successful, whether promoted or not,

I would hazard a guess and say that pre-season most of supporters would never even have given us a realistic chance of the playoffs, let alone chance of an automatic promotion place with 3 games to play.

Whether promoted or not, there is now a dfifferent spirit flowing through the club.
    That in itself indicates it's been a successful season.

Now all of us together, both team and supporters, needs to finish the job!
  • I find it amazing that anyone could call this season a success if we don't get promoted.
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]I find it amazing that anyone could call this season a success if we don't get promoted.

yep agree...
    especially as the directors gave it one more throw of the dice and dug deep so we could keep the better players (that we all thought would leave and based our pre season predictions on)
    and backed parky by giving him the wage budget to sign experienced pros like dailly, sam sodje, forster and co....
    we have only finished below 3rd in the third tier twice in 75 years so without promotion it will be very disappointing
  • I very much feel the manager has done well this season and at face value it is a successful season I think even if we don't go up.

The problem is of course is that we may have to tear the squad apart in the summer if we don't go up.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, compared to where we were pre-season with barely enough players to put out any sort of 1st team, a projected takeover that put an embargo on much of the best efforts of a manager, who himself didn't even know if he had a job next day ....... plus the stench of failure and hopelessness around both club and supporters - this club appears to have turned itself round in spirit, at least.
    That's true, but the question was will it be a disappointment if we don't get promoted. Not going up would be disappointing after coming this far and being so close to 2nd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our stated goal at the start of the season was automatic promotion, anything lower than 2nd is dissapointing and with the players and wages we have we should be up there. That said if we finish 5th and get promoted through the play offs with a trip to Wembley I doubt you will see anyone (including me) complaining.
  • edited April 2010
    Now, that part (edit...was replying to Scoham...) is undoubtedly true!