Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Norwich - Player Ratings

2»

Comments

• Randolph 7
    Richardson 8
    S. Sodje 7
    Dailly 8
    Borrowdale 6.5
    Sam 7.5
    Racon 8
    Semedo 8
    Bailley 7
    A Sodje 7.5
    Forster 7

Burton 7
    Jonjo 7
    Reid 6
  • Randolph 7
    Richardson 7
    S. Sodje 7
    Dailly 7.5
    Borrowdale 7
    Sam 7
    Racon 7.5
    Semedo 8
    Bailley 6.5
    A Sodje 6
    Forster 7

Burton 6
    Jonjo 6
    Reid 6
  • Randolph - 6
    Richardson - 7
    S. Sodje - 7
    Dailly - 8
    Borrowdale - 6
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7
    Semedo - 9
    Bailley - 7
    A Sodje - 5
    Forster - 7

Burton - 6
    Jonjo - 6
    Reid - 6
  • Randolph- 7.5
    Richardson- 6.5
    S. Sodje- 7
    Dailly- 8.5
    Borrowdale- 6.5
    Sam- 6.5
    Racon- 6
    Semedo- 7.5
    Bailley- 6.5
    A Sodje- 6
    Forster- 7

Burton-6.5
    Jonjo
    Reid- 5.5
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Stig i no its your own reflection on the game and i totally respect that but Bailey getting an 8 over racon and the same score as semedo, no way, i thought bailey was well below par yesterday!
    I just felt that on another day, with a bit more luck, a couple of those would have gone in and people would have been raving about him.
  • Randolph- 7.5
    Richardson- 6.5
    S. Sodje- 7
    Dailly- 8.5
    Borrowdale- 6.5
    Sam- 6.5
    Racon- 6
    Semedo- 7.5
    Bailey- 6
    A Sodje- 6.5
    Forster- 7

Burton-6.5
    Jonjo 7
    Reid- 5.5
  • Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 6.5
    S. Sodje - 7
    Dailly - 8.5
    Borrowdale - 6.5
    Sam - 8
    Racon - 8
    Semedo - 8.5
    Bailley -6.5
    A Sodje -8
    Forster -8

Burton - 7
    Jonjo - 7
    Reid - 6.5
  • Nadou:
    You been copying Uncle's markings again? Naughty boy.

Then again, looking at them you obviously weren't at the match yourself.
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Nadou:
    You been copying Uncle's markings again? Naughty boy.

Then again, looking at them you obviously weren't at the match yourself.

Your such a mug
  • Randolph- 6.5
    Richardson- 7.5
    S. Sodje- 7
    Dailly- 8
    Borrowdale- 6.5
    Sam- 7
    Racon- 7
    Semedo- 8
    Bailley- 6.5
    A Sodje- 6.5
    Forster- 6.5

Burton- 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Randolph- 6
    Richardson- 7
    S. Sodje- 7
    Dailly- 8.5
    Borrowdale- 6.5
    Sam- 7.5
    Racon- 6
    Semedo- 8.5
    Bailley- 6.5
    A Sodje- 6
    Forster- 6.5

Burton- 7
  • edited April 2010
    Randolph - 7
    Richardson -7
    S. Sodje -7
    Dailly - 8
    Borrowdale - 7
    Sam -8
    Racon -8
    Semedo - 9
    Bailley - 7
    A Sodje -6.5
    Forster - 6.5

Burton - 6.5
  • Randolph- 6 Nothing much to do. Maybe could have come for the corner on the goal but having not seen the replay yet it might be harsh.
    Richardson- 7.5 Good attacking and barely troubled at the back. Linked well with Sam
    S. Sodje- 7 Comfortable afternoon. Not his usual dominant threat in the air from our corners though.
    Dailly- 7.5 Solid and assured.
    Borrowdale- 6.5 Did what he had to do but the defence were rarely troubled all game.
    Sam- 7.5 One minute looks awesome but then 30 seconds later looks knackered. Really needs to sort out his stamina (and decision making) as he has all the attributes of a top player and when it all comes together it's very effective
    Racon- 6 I wasn't that impressed to be honest. He had lots of ball and time and space but didn't really penetrate. And once a week he falls to his knees and flails his arms about instead of trying to win theball back. This was the perfect game for him to thread a pass beside the lumbering centre halves and it didn't happen once.
    Semedo- 8.5 Imperious again. Picked up scraps, won the ball back and sent people flying as usual. I don't care if he doesn't shoot or try defence splitting passes - he is quite superb at what he does for us and enables the other centre midfielder to be more expressive.
    Bailley- 6.5 Lost on the wing and if I didn't know better i'd say he is nursing huimself through to the end of the season and trying to avoid injury.....
    A Sodje- 7 I could hear him being mocked for not winning headers but he won his fair share against two excellent headers of the ball. Hope it's just a twinged groin and he is available for the run in.
    Forster- 6.5 Huffed and puffed but didn't really get much of a sniff from the excellent Norwich defence

Burton- 7 Good to see him back and looking mobile again! Hope he hits the ground running.

Fair play to Norwich - they performed a perfect smash and grab. Their keeper got changed in a phone box and Doherty was immense at the back. Frustrating thing is that he is hopeless on the floor but we didn't exploit that.

Overall the performance was excellent and if we carried that form into the play offs I would fancy our chances. Is it a coincidence that our performances are improving along with the weather and pitches......
  • Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 7.5
    S. Sodje - 7
    Dailly - 8
    Borrowdale -7
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Bailley - 7
    A Sodje - 6
    Forster - 6.5

Burton -7
    Jonjo - 7
    Reid - 6.5
  • Randolph-6.5
    Richardson-7
    S.sodje-7
    Dailly-8
    Borrowdale-7
    Sam-7.5
    Racon-6
    Semedo-7.5
    Bailley-7 wasted playing on the left
    A.sodje-6.5
    Forster-7

Burton -7
    Jonjo-7
    Reid-6
  • Randolph - 6.5
    Richardson - 7.5
    S. Sodje - 7
    Dailly - 7.5
    Borrowdale -6.5
    Sam - 7.5
    Racon - 6-5
    Semedo - 8.5
    Bailley - 7
    A Sodje - 6.5
    Forster - 7

Burton - 7
    Jonjo - 6
    Reid - 6
  • Randolph - 6
    Richardson - 7
    S. Sodje - 7.5
    Dailly - 8
    Borrowdale - 6.5
    Sam - 7.5
    Racon - 7 much better second half after being largely ineffective in first
    Semedo - 8 like Dailly, right back in form now
    Bailley - 6 beavered away but understandably ran out of steam
    A Sodje - dreadful start but gradually imposed himmself until going off, possibly after words from Parky during a stoppage
    Forster - 6.5 such a clever forward but over all the strikers still didn't pose a really convincing goal threat

Burton - good to see him back and one of his favourite glanced efforts nearly did it
    Jonjo - did well in brief outing. Perhaps we could've swapped him & Bailey a bit sooner
    Reid - with little to lose, I'd like to have seen him earler as although we got Bailey in twice from the left, our buil-up on thgat side was much less direct with Borrowdale lacking the pace to fly past Bailey on the overlap. Then again, Racon had a much more positive second half (without ever really looking likely to score).
  • Randolph 6 - could have done better for the goal as he came and was left stranded. Elliot would have been crucified for the same mistake. Otherwise OK and little to do
    Richardson 7.5 Got forward well
    S. Sodje 7 Solid
    Dailly 8 constantly trying to push the team forward with good passing
    Borrowdale 7 Shame he spooned his shot as the free kick routine had given him a big space to hit
    Sam 7.5 a problem for them
    Racon 7 Good game but frustrating that he didn't shoot early
    Semedo 8.5 immense and while it made sense to sub him we lost shape when he went
    Bailley 7 brought two good saves from their keeper, shame we didn't work the ball out wide to him more often. Faded due to injury
    A Sodje 7.5 one of his better games for us. Won the ball in the air and move the ball well on the ground. Losing him was a big loss
    Forster 7 worked hard and found space. few clean cut chances to score

Burton 7 not his best game as ball didn't stick to him as much as normal. Great header, great save
    Jonjo 7 Little time to make an impact but passed well and drove forward
    Reid 6.5 didn't make the desired impact but Norwich had shut up shop and he had little space to exploit. and what was that free kick.

PP 7.5 Had the team up for it and Norwich on the back foot. Subs made sense at the time even if they had little impact.
  • edited April 2010
    Randolph 7
    Richardson 7
    S. Sodje 7
    Dailly 8
    Borrowdale 7
    Sam 8
    Racon 7
    Semedo 8.5
    Bailley 7
    A Sodje 7
    Forster 7

Burton 7
    Jonjo 7
    Reid 7

Not done individual comments because frankly it is hard to single out individuals from a plucky team performance. I've given a par mark of 7 because I think everybody did something good and nobody made any outrageous howlers or went missing as much as usual.

Dailly, Semedo and Sam were the 3 who caught my eye as offering a little bit more than the average and I've reflected that in my marks. Had we got something out of the game I'd probably have given Semedo a 9 and Dailly an 8.5.
  • Randolph 7.5
    Richardson 7
    S. Sodje 7
    Dailly 7.5
    Borrowdale 7
    Sam 7.5
    Racon 8.5
    Semedo 8
    Bailley 7.5
    A Sodje 7
    Forster 7.5

Burton 7.5
    Jonjo 7
    Reid 7.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Randolph - 6 - Had he moved his feet quicker and got across his goal to CATCH the ball Norwich would not have had the corner they scored from. Too harsh?
    Richardson - 7.5
    S. Sodje - 6.5
    Dailly 7
    Borrowdale 6.5
    Sam 7
    Racon 7.5
    Semedo 7.5
    Bailley 6.5
    A Sodje 6
    Forster 6

Burton 7
    Jonjo 6.5
    Reid 5
  • Randolph 6
    Richardson 8.5
    S. Sodje 8
    Dailly 9
    Borrowdale 7
    Sam 6
    Racon 6
    Semedo 9.5
    Bailley 6
    A Sodje 6
    Forster 7.5

Burton 6
    Jonjo 6
    Reid 5
  • Randolph 6
    Richardson 7
    S. Sodje 7
    Dailly 7
    Borrowdale 7
    Sam 7
    Racon 7
    Semedo 8
    Bailley 7
    A Sodje 6
    Forster 7

Burton 7
    Jonjo 6
    Reid 6
  • Randolph 6
    Richardson 7.5
    S. Sodje 7
    Dailly 7.5
    Borrowdale 6
    Sam 7.5
    Racon 7.5
    Semedo 9
    Bailey 7
    A Sodje 7
    Forster 7

Burton 7
    Jonjo 6
    Reid 6
  • Randolph - 7 - Ironic that the only save he made lead to the goal
    Richardson - 7.5 - Best game for the club so far
    Smodje - 7 - Excellent composure. I'd like to give him and Daily 10s but those two free headers in the 6 yard box were the difference
    Dailly - 7 - Solid, shows just how fit he is to be able to start far more regularly than we expected
    Borrowdale - 6.5 - A few errors crept in, but some neat attacking stuff. Lovely skinning of the full back in the box
    Sam - 8 A constant threat, tricky and crossing was all in the zone
    Racon - 7 - A few errors early on were made up for with a great second half.
    Semedo - 9 Absolutely bossed the midfield. Easily came out on top against Hughes, who is a good player.
    Bailey - 6.5 - Hard graft, and was our main attacking threat but wouldn't stick to the touchline..
    A Sodje - 7 - Graft and winning a few headers at last. Lovely ball through for Bailey, he was a miss.
    Forster - 6.5 - Thought he was a bit easily marshalled by a good Narwich defence. Plenty of running and effort, but kept pulling wide to get the ball which wasn't where he does his best work.

Burton - 7 - I've never been a great Deon lover, but he was working his socks off for the cause today and probably got our best (of many chances)
    Jonjo - 6.5 - Stuck to the task well and looked more composed than I've seen him of late.
    Reid - 6 - Thought he'd turn it round, but didn't add a lot
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Had he moved his feet quicker and got across his goal to CATCH the ball Norwich would not have had the corner they scored from. Too harsh?
    Sorry, I'm going to have to say yes on that one, it was a very good save for me, his view was part blocked.