Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace on the brink

Comments

• I wouldn't think you'd have to worry about 10 000 turning up.
  • Palace is currently being run on the back of players values. The more debt that accrues the less the club is worth. Hence, a lot of their youth players are getting pro contracts at the moment, in the hope that more value can be added. I really would not want to be a Palace fan right now. I think I'm starting to feel sorry for them. Do we have a moral obligation to let our ground, they did it for us?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Why don't Crystal Palace FC just do a deal with the council and play at Crystal Palace athletics stadium?[/quote]

They wouldn't be able to play sundays though cause one of the Sunday league teams in the Bromley & Orpington league use it and they were there first afterall. If Palace could fit in around them then I guess it may work!
  • [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite] I think I'm starting to feel sorry for them. Do we have a moral obligation to let our ground, they did it for us?

Correct if you believe that the reason that "they did it for us" was because they felt morally obliged. So that's a "NO" from me then ..............
  • I big time hate palace and jordan. But while I enjoy them being in the shit- that made up story about p diddy was classic. Palace- I don't want the little, bully victim geeks to go out of business
    Partly because its like kicking someone when they are properly down- and let's be honest, they were never really up!
    But mainly because football has gone mad for money, they are someone's team, and we aint far behind them
    Football has gone mad
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Blimey. Usually I regard most tabloid news reports with ladle loads of scepticism, when I think back to all the rubbish written about us last summer. This report is actually quite shocking. To think that they might actually be in same position, if not worse, that the one we were in all those years ago.

I think you can also regard this newspaprers 'news' with scepticism.

CPFC2010 are going through the DD process - I suspect this will take longer than most due to the amount of skeletons Jordan has hidden over the years to prop up his toy without actually spending any of his own money.

CPFC2010 will then need to approach the administrator of SP to see if they can negotiate a deal on the freehold. I believe this will be the real stumbling block as the SP administrator doesn't really need to do a 'deal'

1) he is getting a tidy return in the £1.3m PA rent (assuming it will have to be paid);

2) I suspect several developers are looking at sites like this to turn into 'desperately needed' housing - which despite Croydon Councils protestations would happen very quickly with a Section 106 agreement. Supply and demand suggests that competing bidders always pushes prices up.

3) Jordan's preferred bidder status in the existing lease was for a buy back at £18.5m - and the administrator would be looking at getting as near tha figure as possible to maximise the returns for Rocks creditors. Rock actually only own 40% of SP, with the rest on a HBOS/Lloyds TSB mortgage - and with their current tax payers interest in their finances, any deal which reduces their returns would be frowned on.

Without SP, Palace could only survive with a groundshare - most probably with a local league club to ensure fans could continue to support them. Non league stadia don't normally achieve league standards (I'm sure a few do) and the NSC at Crystal Palace Park would take forever to agree. Firstly it's in Bromley (with a great deal of NIMBYs) and secondly it would require a fortune spent on it just to bring it up to league standards.

If the CPFC2010 deal doesn't go through then I can only see the receivership route from them and an AFC Palace being formed.

Unless of course some mad billionaire is in the wings ala Southampton.
  • Addickted,

Who are CPFC2010 ie where's the money coming from?

They were given preferred status but it seems to have gone quiet since then.

If they are confident then why is the Palace Supporters' Trust about to launch a fund raising scheme to buy Selhurst/save the club?
  • F*** em
  • They cant groundshare with us.....the big screen wouldnt be able to handle it.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Addickted,

Who are CPFC2010 ie where's the money coming from?

They were given preferred status but it seems to have gone quiet since then.

If they are confident then why is the Palace Supporters' Trust about to launch a fund raising scheme to buy Selhurst/save the club?

They are remaining very quiet as to their identities at the moment - though it would seem that at least two are Steve Parish, the chief executive of TAG Worldwide and Martin Long, the Churchill Insurance founder. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the existing Associate Directors are also involved.

I believe that rumours of Noades and Jordan being in the consortia are unfounded!

The DD process is probably why they've gone quiet.

CPST are doing what all good supporters trust should do - looking at positive ways in which they can help the Club survive - they see the freehold of SP as the key (which it probably is) and are trying to raise funds to possibly help with the purchase of the freehold and have a stake in the club. However, I don't believe that a co-operative of owners is particularly helpful - and I'm sure they'd have difficulty in buying the freehold outright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perfect scenario for me is that they get relegated but survive as a club. I can't stand them being higher in the league as us. However i can't gloat or enjoy any football club going out of business. We may only be a few games away from being in a similar situation ourselves.
  • Adminstrator was on R2 this morning saying that a deal is a couple of weeks away and the freehold on the ground was the sticking point, but it is all expected to be resolved very soon...only caught the end of it, but sounded as tho the interview had gone on for a while.
  • He always says a deal is days away, each deadline passes and its always days away...........
  • If CPFC2010 are serious I can't see the ground being too expensive. An £18.5M buy back clause is effectively completely worthless now that both entities are in administration. There are various bits of land around that would be a lot simpler to develop than Selhurst and still not many developers who want to buy and even fewer that the Banks will lend to - as such the ground will be available for a massivley knocked down price i should imagine.

Rok may have put 40% of the equity in but the ground is now owned 100% by the Bank (through its administrators). If the Bank can do a deal where they get all (or even most) of their bucks back they will not care one bit about whether Rok get their cash back or not and political pressure is not going to be much of an issue because no one will care about Rok.
  • To all those who are saying that although we don't like them we wouldn't want them to go out of business, the only way they will survive is by getting money in.

That's money that we haven't got, meaning they're(for the time being) in a better league than us, have more money than us, could afford to take our better players in the summer and basically be better than us while we will be the ones struggling for survival, literally.

I agree with Off_It...F*** em.
  • Just seen the latest CCC fixtures.

Sheff Wed have Cardiff away and Palace have West Brom at home.

Then they meet each other at Hillsborough on the final day! Winner takes all!
  • Still think Palace will stay up. A draw at Hillsboro' will most likely be enough.
  • Cardiff will beat Wednesday, Palace might get a win home v West Brom. Hope it goes to last game though.
  • Hope they go down. Shame that despite the current situation the Holmesdale Ultras, which one of my mates is now a member of! Are collecting money to do self-promoting displays instead of supporting the supporters trust.
  • If it goes to the last day i think Wednesday would do them with Varney hopefully scoring the winner!
    But the issue is Palace play on the Monday night so by then they will know what they have to do against West brom. You could argue that at this stage of the season every team knows they have to win, but it's still an advantage to Palace to be playing after Wednesday have already played.
  • Sponsored links:

• They are playing against a West Brom side already promoted and who do score goals.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]If it goes to the last day i think Wednesday would do them with Varney hopefully scoring the winner!
    But the issue is Palace play on the Monday night so by then they will know what they have to do against West brom. You could argue that at this stage of the season every team knows they have to win, but it's still an advantage to Palace to be playing after Wednesday have already played.
    So they are playing on Monday, two days after Wednesday?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]If it goes to the last day i think Wednesday would do them with Varney hopefully scoring the winner!
    So they are playing on Monday, two days after Wednesday?

Remaining fixtures:

Tonight
    QPR v Watford

Saturday 24th April
    Cardiff v Sheff Weds
    Watford v Reading

Monday 26th April
    Palace v WBA

Sunday 2nd May
    Coventry v Watford
    Sheff Weds v Palace
  • Sheff Weds v Palace...what a match that will be.
  • i think it will be Watford that end up going down, they are on a terrible run.
  • [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Cardiff will beat Wednesday, Palace might get a win home v West Brom.

Thats my ideal scenario, I certainly don't fancy having to go to Sheffield, needing something from the game, although our away form is certainly better our home form.

[cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]i think it will be Watford that end up going down, they are on a terrible run.

I just hope Warnock remembers "His great time at the Palace, and the great Palace fans" and beats Watford tonight, they do seem to be in freefall though, long may it continue.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Sheff Weds v Palace...what a match that will be.

And Sheff Weds have a striker with real pedigree against Palace too

Crystal+Palace+v+Charlton+Athletic+5PDr0igB9eRl.jpg
  • if they affoffered £750k to ground share with us next year would you really turn it down? That's the wages of 3 or 4 pretty decent players at this level or 2 at championship level. Seems a no brainer to me
  • the pubs will struggle to make any money though,as most of the nigels will drink up london bridge on matchday
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]the pubs will struggle to make any money though,as most of the nigels will drink up london bridge on matchday

Or white ace on the streets ..?