Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forster

What a hero, how many points is that he's won us already.

Still can't believe Brighton just let him go!!!

Seems we've finally found one of those missing pieces to the jigsaw.

Comments

• yes good loan
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]yes good loan

Didn't think it was a loan though was it.

I thought Brighton released him, meaning that we could very easily make this perm.
  • Can't wait for Deon to come back...............I've a feeling they are going to make a terrific partnership.
  • prob stu,shame we didnt get him few years back as well
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]prob stu,shame we didnt get him few years back as well

Either way, he's ours till the end of the season, so who cares :D

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Can't wait for Deon to come back...............I've a feeling they are going to make a terrific partnership.

Can see him smashing in a fair few of NeonDeons little knockdowns!
  • Burton and Forster lack pace, so as long as we have pace in the midfield it could work!
  • I think Stu that since you've been slagging off Parky even tonight that you should give Parky credit for thinking a 36 year old Brighton reject can do a good job for us.
  • were in league one.
  • Agreed, looking likely!
  • Forster is a proper 'box' striker.

We've so lacked that kind of a player since Fanny Jeffers Clive Mendonca.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 games remain, these players have got to step
    up. I'm buzzing for it
  • [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]I think Stu that since you've been slagging off Parky even tonight that you should give Parky credit for thinking a 36 year old Brighton reject can do a good job for us.

I do give Parky credit for exactly that. Then again, even a broken watch is right twice a day ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]Burton and Forster lack pace, so as long as we have pace in the midfield it could work!

Is Mooney all that pacey though? I think with Forsters eye for goal and Burtons ability to knock the ball down it could be a deadly partnership, especially if we can get a little more than we have been out of sam, sounded like he had a good game tonight.
  • [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]Burton and Forster lack pace, so as long as we have pace in the midfield it could work!

I think Deon is a bit nippier than you give him credit for.
  • Shame he is bloody old
  • Sodje the fastest we have up top at the moment. Burton and Forster know where the net is. And tpgether they will score goals is just having some speed around them. Burton is faster than Forster There is the credit
  • Not sure Deon is faster, neither are slow. Forster still at least has a pretty decent burst of acceleration. Akpo did his job tonight though I'd like to see Burton and Forster together.
  • For years our strikers have been screaming for decent service into the box, in the last two games Richardson, Sam, BorrowDale and Reid have put some perfect balls in, Burton and Forster would feed off that if both were on the pitch. Very immobile front pairing though and not two for a 90 minute shift
  • Burton is quicker than people may think, not speedy but not really slow. Agree him and Forster could be a really good partnership.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]I think Stu that since you've been slagging off Parky even tonight that you should give Parky credit for thinking a 36 year old Brighton reject can do a good job for us.

I do give Parky credit for exactly that. Then again, even a broken watch is right twice a day ;-)

Unless its a 24 Hour watch......
    ;-)
  • Forsters movement off the ball is superb....sat there watching him closely for 5 or 10 mins last night. With Deon they would be very good at this level. We need him back asap!
  • Sponsored links:

• A very decent signing at this level and considering the money we have available, a forward who knows where the net is.
  • he's not a brighton reject -Forster's contract with them expires in the summer; he wasn't happy with was brighton's offer of a new one and he had a bit of a falling out with Gus Poyet over it. Which is why they let him join us on loan until the end of the season. He was their top scorer up until that point.

anyway - looks pretty certain that we'll give him a deal.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]he's not a brighton reject

I used the phrase ironically, aimed at Stu....
  • I haven't seen the goal yet on TV but it appeared that Sam's cross was a relatively loopy one which made Forsters goal that bit better as he had to create the power himself to get it past the goalkeeper. Not many forwards around who are able to do that.
  • edited April 2010
    Neil Harris is old too, yet he's banging them in for fun at Millwall. Show's how poor this leaque is, or does it actually prove that experience is better in this leaque than youth? There's a topic. If we keep Forster next season, would be shame to lose everyone else.
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Shame he is bloody old

If he was younger we probably wouldn't have got him. Only reason Brighton let him go is because Poyet's building a younger team for the future and couldn't guarantee Forster a new contract, hence why he's with us.
  • based on what I've seen of Forster so far, I'd happily give him a years contract at the end of the season, irrespective of what division we are in.
  • Parky obviously didn't think we needed a goalscorer on the pitch when he subbed him. If Col U had equalised we'd have been looking for a goal from Crap-poo and Mooney, eight goals less between them this season than Forster. Can't see why Nicky had to be withdrawn.
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2010
    But they didnt equalise Large. What about IF Colchester had scored when Forster was still on the pitch:
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Parky obviously didn't think we needed a fresh pair of legs on the pitch when he didnt sub him. Col U wouldnt have had equalised if we'd left on Crap-poo for the corners and brought on Mooney to freshen things up. Can't see why Nicky had to be left on the pitch.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]based on what I've seen of Forster so far, I'd happily give him a years contract at the end of the season, irrespective of what division we are in.

Totally agree. I think in this day and age of better diets and training players who are between 33-36 are the equivalent of 29-32 30 years ago. If a player takes care of themselves (like Forster clearly has ) there is no reason why they cant play to their late 30's particularly in Divisions 2,3 and 4. I think Nicky Forster would be more than capable in the Championship should we go up.
    Poyet's strategy with Forster is odd given his goals and given that Brighton will still be in Division 3 (where experience is key)and still playing on a council rec, I don't imagine they have an embarrassment of riches up front or much money to attract great strikers. I appreciate he is thinking long term but as is so often the case at this level it is all about the now. Still he is our player at the moment and I think he is quality, their loss our gain!