Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Colchester - match thread

Comments

• Randy drops ball in very last second...
  • Great result. Three points off 2nd, Millwall to have a bad run and Leeds to come to The Valley.

Get in Charlton!!
  • randolph makes a meal out of last Col chance, almost giving up 2 vital poins... CLEAN SHEET THO !!!
  • Get in!
  • edited April 2010
    Still Millwall as good as fecked up.

They go to Huddersfield on Friday.
  • Nighty, nighty folks I'm off for a calm down. Thanks for updates lads and ladies.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Hudd's 4-3

Hahahhahahahaahhaah, have that Pardew.
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]all the time the same rubbish

I don't see whats rubbish, I think not playing Shelvey and Reid was an awful decision, yeah we won but once again not much was created.

Only a little luck stopped Colchester grabbing a point at the end which would have been the ultimate punishment.
  • What the Fc&k was going on with Randy at the end???!!! Oh well doesn't matter, well done you addicks.
  • A good night for CAFC. Glad to see Hudds scrape the win otherwise soton would have believed 6th place was up for grabs. Just need Hudds to up their game on fri night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Luck nearly earnt them a point is what i'd say randolph showing he is prone to drop the ball once in a while!
  • [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]good night people........hope updates were ok for 2nd half

Great stuff - thanks ;-)

And now we are fourth - heading in the right direction, at the right time...apparently we can still catch Norwich, mathematically. Roll on Sat.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]nice to see your shining positivity Stu...

this will be three wins out of four if we make it... on a budget of zero pounds...

Id like to see you do better.....
    here here

Hear, hear, is what you mean, right.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Hudd's 4-3

Hahahhahahahaahhaah, have that Pardew.
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]all the time the same rubbish

I don't see whats rubbish, I think not playing Shelvey and Reid was an awful decision, yeah we won but once again not much was created.

Only a little luck stopped Colchester grabbing a point at the end which would have been the ultimate punishment.

And that's what you were hoping for was it?! Please give it a rest.
  • People will be calling for Eliott to come back in now after that. I know Randolph hasn't done much wrong but I think Elliott is the better keeper.
  • Kim Novak scored the 93rd minute winner for Oodersfield Town tonight.
  • [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]People will be calling for Eliott to come back in now after that. I know Randolph hasn't done much wrong but I think Elliott is the better keeper.

You're Crazy!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

Oggy asked a question, I gave my opinion on it. I hardly see how that leads you to the conclusion that I wanted Charlton not to win. What I'd like to see is Charlton set out in an attacking manner, playing our attacking flair players.

Why do you think we only managed 8 attempts to Colchesters 11.
  • look at the brains on stu....

mate your negative, we get it...

turth be told sam got the assist and after shelvey swung at three and didnt even hit the target last time Parkinson wanted to go with what he obviously thought were better options....

9 points out of the last 12 and still the guy moans and whinges...

Maybe start booing Parky before the game see if we can up his performance...
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]People will be calling for Eliott to come back in now after that. I know Randolph hasn't done much wrong but I think Elliott is the better keeper.

You're Crazy!

;o)
    I came back from Cornwall yesterday. Now THAT is crazy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry that I correctly forecast Millwall's 93rd minute equaliser.

Still I was wrong about a 96th minute winner for them!
  • edited April 2010
    Are you slow in the brain, where did I moan or whinge, oggy asked a question, I answered it.

If I'm so negative, why do YOU think we only created 8 chances to Colchesters 11 (as it was at the time oggy asked)
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

Oggy asked a question, I gave my opinion on it. I hardly see how that leads you to the conclusion that I wanted Charlton not to win. What I'd like to see is Charlton set out in an attacking manner, playing our attacking flair players.

Why do you think we only managed 8 attempts to Colchesters 11.

I don't care - we managed a goal, they didn't. From the same stats, we dominated posession. Who's to say that if Shelvey and Reid had been playing, we'd have still managed that? Might have led to even more Col U chances.
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]nice to see your shining positivity Stu...

this will be three wins out of four if we make it... on a budget of zero pounds...

Id like to see you do better.....
    here here

Hear, hear, is what you mean, right.
    That's exactly what i mean!
  • When you look at the table you have to give PP credit. In the summer there was so much uncertainty with a possible takeover and he wasn't able to get the players he wanted when he wanted. We started well - probably better than expected - then levelled off, but PP has kept his head down and has pulled together a squad of average Championship players and journeymen like Burton and Forster.

Whatever happens in the next few weeks I really believe he's the manager to take us forward.
  • 9 points out of 12 show some respect to the bloke ....
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    I don't care - we managed a goal, they didn't. From the same stats, we dominated posession. Who's to say that if Shelvey and Reid had been playing, we'd have still managed that? Might have led to even more Col U chances

Right, but Oggys question didnt ask about goals, or possession or anything else, it asked why we had only created 8 chances to Colchesters 11.

Really don't get whats so complicated.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]9 points out of 12 show some respect to the bloke ....

Once again you've proved you can't read.

My comment was in response to a question asked, nothing else.
  • mate you are negative, every time you turn the computer on..

incompetent this, incompetent that...

he has successfully negotiated tough trips to Hudersfield and brought in 9 poitns in 12 and we only narrowly got beat at Southampton who are obviously on fire..

there is reason people are saying hear hear... and about time someone said something...

Give the boss a break, hes negotiated another very difficult win tonight and kept our season on track...
  • I think the point Weggie is trying to make is some of you are a very tough crowd.
    We win against a promotion rival but but people are focusing on the number of chances we've had compared to the oppo.

Perhaps that makes us a good defensive team that takes its chances. The glass isn't always half empty folks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!