Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Colchester - match thread

14567810»

Comments

• boring

let's all salute a great win

any night when we win and someone above us doesn't is good enough for me!

Norwich, Millwall, Swindon and Colchester all dropped points and we didn't
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    I don't care - we managed a goal, they didn't. From the same stats, we dominated posession. Who's to say that if Shelvey and Reid had been playing, we'd have still managed that? Might have led to even more Col U chances

Right, but Oggys question didnt ask about goals, or possession or anything else, it asked why we had only created 8 chances to Colchesters 11.

Really don't get whats so complicated.

Love the way you're trying to blame Oggy for your negativity. Did he provoke all your anti Parky comments on various other threads too, I wonder?

(In contrast I can put up with Len Glover forever praising Kish, and Oohaah forever critiquing our away support, and both of them forever lauding King Curbs, because I do see some sense in what they say, even if it gets repetitive at times...)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]boring

Norwich, Millwall, Swindon and Colchester all dropped points and we didn't[/quote]

agreed!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]boring

Norwich, Millwall, Swindon and Colchester all dropped points and we didn't[/quote]

here here lol.....

Hear Hear!!
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]boring

here here lol.....

Hear Hear!!

And here/ hear ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]boring

here here lol.....

Hear Hear!!

Here Here! ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]When you look at the table you have to give PP credit. In the summer there was so much uncertainty with a possible takeover and he wasn't able to get the players he wanted when he wanted.

This is all very true.

People must cast they mind back to last summer - we didn't have a pot to piss in, everything was uncertain because of a projected takeover, the players we did sign were free transfers, and the manager was without a contract and didn't even know whether he'd have a job next morning!

The other side of the coin ..... like Leeds must be feeling, a little more positivity since Christmas would have tied up promotion by now.
  • 5-1 win but it would appear that the play offs look even more unlikely.

Huddersfield still have to play Millwall and Colchester, they also go to Exeter on the last day which is a tough game.
  • dear me were in a play off postion wow
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dear me were in a play off postion wow

So are your 2nd favourite team Millwall, Nolly.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]mate you are negative, every time you turn the computer on..

incompetent this, incompetent that...

he has successfully negotiated tough trips to Hudersfield and brought in 9 poitns in 12 and we only narrowly got beat at Southampton who are obviously on fire..

there is reason people are saying hear hear... and about time someone said something...

Give the boss a break, hes negotiated another very difficult win tonight and kept our season on track...

Which is exactly why I havnt been getting on his back as of late, result wise he's turned it around, yeah, we're picking up points which is brilliant. He's done something I certainly didn't think he could, well done to the guy. We're still not looking exactly convincing are we, for me, Jonjo and Reid should have been on the pitch as they are our most creative players (along with Bailey). Maybe this very negativity from the manager is the reason we're playing at our lowest level in the clubs history.

Oggy asked why we had only created 8 chances to their 11, I answerd, now I get told thats not the point, it's the ONLY point as thats the question I was asking, the fact we won tonight, or picked up 9 out of 12 points has NOTHING to do with it. I was answering a direct question from Oggy.
  • i did say in a previous thread,they have there hands full with yeovil and hudds
  • edited April 2010
    "I think the point Weggie is trying to make is some of you are a very tough crowd"

"a tough crowd" ha ha.

I didn't think you were allowed to comment unless you cut the oranges or mowed the pitch.
  • Ive made my points, as have others

feel free to read over them again...
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Ive made my points, as have others

feel free to read over them again...

As have I.

I wasn't moaning about winning, I was merely giving my opinion as to why we had only created 8 chances to colchesters 11, as Oggys asked. Something you've STILL failed to do.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    Only a little luck stopped Colchester grabbing a point at the end which would have been the ultimate punishment.

And that's what you were hoping for was it?! Please give it a rest.
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I think the point Weggie is trying to make is some of you are a very tough crowd.

i thought she was saying that stu would be pleased if we didn't win which i find very hard to believe myself.
  • Just seen the goal on SSN. Class. Great work by Sam, impeccable header from Nicky Forster.

From the radio commentary it sounds like the 36 year old Brighton reject put in a shift worthy of that other Brighton reject Gary Nelson.

Which "clueless" manager thought he 'd be a decent loan signing, then?
  • Shame the half time scores didn't stand, lol

But not too bad an evenings results overall.

Other result of the night must have been Huddersfield's comeback from going 3-2 down in the 83rd minute, then an equaliser and winner in stoppage time.

Why? Because dear old Sooper Al despite winning 5-1 away - is no nearer the playoffs, then he was last Saturday.
    And hopefully running out of games.
  • Hey ..... we're not 5th anymore!!!

;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Ive made my points, as have others

feel free to read over them again...[/quote]

As have I.

I wasn't moaning about winning, I was merely giving my opinion as to why we had only created 8 chances to colchesters 11, as Oggys asked. Something you've STILL failed to do.[/quote]

Weve been playing very defensive football to grind out the results, and this has worked, thats why hes been playing racon and semedo to act as a foil, this season we have done well as long as we have got the first goal.. so hes covering the back four... hence our create chances are reduced... thats it.. thats why...

As for the other stuff, people IMHO, dont like your overall negatvity as Im sure youve noticed with the several comments of give it a rest, etc over the past few weeks....
  • Sponsored links:

• and sam played well by all accounts,good day all round!!
  • Super Lloyd Sam!

Now where's super Sam Lloyd ....?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and sam played well by all accounts,good day all round!!

good luck to him. can't wait to hear what his fan club think when they roll in
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]As for the other stuff, people IMHO, dont like your overall negatvity as Im sure youve noticed with the several comments of give it a rest, etc over the past few weeks....

Some people don't, some people agree, that's what it's all about, opinions.

I don't rate Parky.

You don't rate Pardew.

Again, all a matter of opinion.

[cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Weve been playing very defensive football to grind out the results, and this has worked, thats why hes been playing racon and semedo to act as a foil, this season we have done well as long as we have got the first goal.. so hes covering the back four... hence our create chances are reduced... thats it.. thats why...

I, like many others think we'd do a lot better not playing so defensively but rather going straight at teams whilst playing our more creative players.... again, all a matter of opinions, whys it so hard for you accept that not everyone is going to agree with you.
  • Vital match tonight. What was the atmosphere like....?
  • Yes Sam had a pretty good game...got in a beautiful cross for the goal...classic wing play....when he get's it right it's great to see....just do it more often and with more consistency Lloyd.....PLEASE!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!