Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goalkeeper for the run in?

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]unreal .... randolph deserves a 50 game run he has come in and done well and that is what elliot has had and he didn't pull up any trees ... one of the biggest blessings in disguise randy coming in , we just look so much more solid....
    i genuinely believe i'm watching a different game to others

Absolutely agree. I get the feeling reading this that some people are thinking, "Let Randolph stay in goal until he makes a mistake then get Elliot back in goal asap"

Madness. Goalkeeping is a difficult art, especially when you've got an unsettled back 5. Randolph has come in and done well thus far, if he drops one in his own net tonight STICK WITH HIM. He's earned his right to make a mistake and is more than in credit in comparison to Elliot.

Not digging Elliot out, but I don't think he's done enough to have a divine right over the starting spot by a long stretch.
  • Looking at this thread i think the large majority want randy to stay in. I know PP is prone to a strange decision but surely even he can see that Randolph deserves a long spell in the side.
  • People will be calling for Eliott to come back in now after Randolph nearly lost us the game. I know Randolph hasn't done much wrong but I think Elliott is the better keeper and I feel more assured with him in the side.
  • [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]People will be calling for Eliott to come back in now after Randolph nearly lost us the game. I know Randolph hasn't done much wrong but I think Elliott is the better keeper and I feel more assured with him in the side.

Well, I didn't see Randolph drop the ball in added time tonight ................... but I did see Randolph perform well against a multi-million pound 75-goal Southampton attack last Saturday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]People will be calling for Eliott to come back in now after Randolph nearly lost us the game. I know Randolph hasn't done much wrong but I think Elliott is the better keeper and I feel more assured with him in the side.

I thought he was fouled personally

what I like about him is those free kicks he made look simple. They were not especially poor kicks he just did his basics well.
    Those thing sometimes let Robbie down IMO
  • I actually think they are much of a muchness. However, I would go with Randolph as the back four have looked more comfortable with him there. He is also more of a presence in the box.

Think he will be off in the summer though. Personally wouldn't mind keeping Warner for a year. I have allways advocated having and experienced keeper on the books.
  • randy had a "robbie" moment but thankfully he done well early with a crucial stop and 2 goals conceded in 5.5 games are the reasons we have a small sniff of automatics and guaranteed play off place .......
    if only parky had listened to me earlier rather than waiting for divine intervention for him to change the keeper we could have had this league sewn up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I actually think they are much of a muchness.
    Agree, neither are outstanding in this league but both have done a decent job, along with some very good games each.
  • I think the defence looks more confident now Randolph is behind them. It maybe coincidence. I think not.
  • Nearly had a heart attack when Randolph dropped the ball but he has generally looked solid and has improved with every game. His kicking tonight was better and he likes to try and take control which is always positive
  • Sponsored links:

• Randolphs save from Lisbie in the 3rd minute won us the game imo, couldve been a different game if that had gone in.
  • much of a muchness - neither are that good. Average goalies for this level - probably lacking for championship unless improve with experience.

Personally would have Stevie Brown in goal ;o)