Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I want Millwall to finish 2nd

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Personally I couldn't care less about Millwall - it's all about us

Words of wisdom, Swisdom.

lucky for you then ... i mean the pain of that 4-0 surely has to hurt more than losing to northen nobody fc

Nothing we can do about that wretched result right now, Ooh Aah.
    No point navel gazing and wringing our hands in despair - that moments passed.

We need our focus on the next game, that's all that matters.
  • We have the best squad along with Leeds going into the last few matches/play-offs and have enough quality to win those last few games.

Have we got the desire though?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Nothing we can do about that wretched result right now, Ooh Aah.
    No point navel gazing and wringing our hands in despair - that moments passed.

We need our focus on the next game, that's all that matters.

there's nothing we can do about any past result, doesn't mean we forget them all and don't talk about them ......we can ponder the good ones as well as the bad !!
    our focus wont make a difference, it's the players and management that have got to focus .....
  • I personally want Millwall in the play off final where we will beat them B-)
  • I do if we dont, only because i do not want to play them in the play offs. as we always seem to bottle it, but that said you never know play-offs a lottery and they may be complacent and we catch them of guard. would still go regardless whether in semi's or final
  • does this thread title still apply if we go into the oldham match in 3rd place a point behind millwall
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Personally I couldn't care less about Millwall - it's all about us

Words of wisdom, Swisdom.

lucky for you then ... i mean the pain of that 4-0 surely has to hurt more than losing to northen nobody fc

Of course it hurt - but it's history now and nothing can change it.

Let them have their moment in the sun - it'll all come crashing down when Jackett goes to Watford in the summer!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Swisdom - answer the question in the other thread fella (what age group did you play for at Charlton?)

Same age group as Lee Bowyer and Jamie Stuart. Probably 18 years ago now I reckon.

I feel old
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]does this thread title still apply if we go into the oldham match in 3rd place a point behind millwall[/quote]

No
  • I would like to see Millwall finish 2nd also.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I would like to see Millwall finish 2nd also.

never!! blimey thats a shock, how about charlton or would you rather us be in the play offs with yourself?
  • Millwall wouldn't have any worries about playing us in the playoffs I suspect.
  • I'll not fancy us in the play-offs. Really would rather avoid all that cobblers again. Provided we went up automatically, i'd be happy to see Charlton win the play-offs over some other northern slagboats!
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I'll not fancy us in the play-offs. Really would rather avoid all that cobblers again. Provided we went up automatically, i'd be happy to see Charlton win the play-offs over some other northern slagboats!

Blimey, other way round i wouldn't tbh mate but fair play you look at it that way. will you be going to play off finals if millwall are up and we are in them? just a thought ;o)
  • Steady on.
  • BlackForestReds - you deluded or something? You & Leeds have the best squad? Think most on here have finally realised your squad isn't as fantastic as you all thought it was and it's on a par with most other top teams.

Your squad is average with a sprinkling of quality that lifts you into the top 6 rather than mid table obscurity. Same with the most of us.

As for Charlton in the play-offs, if we finish 2nd I don't care if Charlton were to win the play offs as long as Leeds stay down for another season! I suppose would rather Charlton to go up rather than Swindon & Colchester as well simply because Charlton are not quite as pointless as those two clubs.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]BlackForestReds - you deluded or something? You & Leeds have the best squad? Think most on here have finally realised your squad isn't as fantastic as you all thought it was and it's on a par with most other top teams.

Your squad is average with a sprinkling of quality that lifts you into the top 6 rather than mid table obscurity. Same with the most of us.

As for Charlton in the play-offs, if we finish 2nd I don't care if Charlton were to win the play offs as long as Leeds stay down for another season! I suppose would rather Charlton to go up rather than Swindon & Colchester as well simply because Charlton are not quite as pointless as those two clubs.....

And you'd have a nailed on 6 points next season! :-)
  • Just read a stat. Don't know if it's correct but Millwall have take 45 points out of the last 54 available since Christmas. With form like that and their run in I can't see them slipping up now so those of you who'd rather they finish second look like getting their wish.

I can see the arguments for it but I can't bring myself to think like that tbh.
  • I want us to get 2nd but if we can't I really don't want Millwall in the play-offs.
  • Well of course we would want automatic, but as Bournemouth has posted Millwall have been the team in form. I do not like it, and probably no one else does but that is a fact: 45 from 54.

I would rather play Norwich, if there is a choice, but there is not..... As for the best squad!. Sorry probably the most expensive, and full of 'gonna do it's', 'could do it's' , so where is the goal scorer, and the player you can bring on that makes a difference as a sub!

We have looked better as a team in recent weeks, and we shall see..., let's hope the team /squad put as much passion as the supporters do in there play, not cheap talk in the local papers!......time to stand up guy's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Promotion is Millwall's to throw away now, it's in their hands. So if they lose out and end up 3rd their confidence will be hit and they'll lose their play off semi final. In an ideal world obviously.
  • Chris - that's my fear. Plus I still worry that we have a blip to come.

Could be completely deflated if we just miss out. I think though that the team isn't taking anything for granted and are still grinding out results. I don't think we would implode like Leeds have done/would do, if we were to just miss out.

Out of interest, if you were to grab 2nd, what would you then prefer, Palace to go down & Millwall win play-offs, or Palace to stay up and Millwall to stay down?
  • I would prefer Palace to go down.....then you to be the Championship whipping boys next year!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Chris - that's my fear. Plus I still worry that we have a blip to come.

Could be completely deflated if we just miss out. I think though that the team isn't taking anything for granted and are still grinding out results. I don't think we would implode like Leeds have done/would do, if we were to just miss out.

Out of interest, if you were to grab 2nd, what would you then prefer, Palace to go down & Millwall win play-offs, or Palace to stay up and Millwall to stay down?

tought one, for me palace to go down, millwall up. only cos i have a bet with one of my cousins who is palace, otherwise would be 50/50 i'd be glad if you stayed down and we play palace next year would probably prefer slightly
  • I'm a Charlton supporter - so basically I'm only interested in what's best for my team.

However, if we were to be promoted and Millwall, too - well, they would have earned it so good luck to them.
    If Millwall go up, and we stay down .... well I'd have to practice a bit of voodoo to ensure they have a dreadful season next year.

Palarse ...... who?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite] Out of interest, if you were to grab 2nd, what would you then prefer, Palace to go down & Millwall win play-offs, or Palace to stay up and Millwall to stay down?

Palace to stay up and you stay down. I couldn't care less about Palace but have loads of Millwall mates so would want the last laugh on them after our 4-0 stuffing.
  • If we can come away from Yeovil away and Huddersfield away with 4 points or more, I really can't see anyone beating us into second place.

The top 6 will stay as it is. Just a case of who's playing who in the play-offs.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]

The top 6 will stay as it is. Just a case of who's playing who in the play-offs.

I agree with that, although thats the beauty of football you never know!
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]If we can come away from Yeovil away and Huddersfield away with 4 points or more, I really can't see anyone beating us into second place.

unfortunately i have to agree on this

but the points you'll stop huddersfield getting will help us in our limp to the play offs!