Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I want Millwall to finish 2nd

Can't really believe that I am saying this but now that our 2nd place chances are all but over I want Millwall to finish in the top two. The prospect of meeting them in the playoffs are just to much. They are and have been a monkey on our backs and getting them out of the equation gives us a far better chance of going up. I just think meeting them would just be too big a match for both fans and team to focus properly. I genuinely think that we can beat any of the others and even fancy our chances of winning. Of course beating Millwall would be sweet revenge but we can exact that later. The thought of losing to them at Wembey or even before would just finish me off. Discuss.

Comments

• spot on we would crap ourselves playing them,certain players making friends with them and falling gently into there pockets for 90 mins
  • why are our chance over we have 5 games to make up 4 points difference???
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]The thought of losing to them at Wembey or even before would just finish me off.

Gives me cold sweats thinking about that the past few weeks. Contrast what the atmosphere and pure depression would be like compared to last time we walked back up wembley way after a play off final. It would be like an Apex Twins video.
  • So do I. I think we have a better chance against the other sides in the hunt
  • [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]why are our chance over we have 5 games to make up 4 points difference???
    'Reasonable'.

I wish I didn't read your post RodneyCharltonTrotta!
  • I'd rather they finished 3rd and lost to Huddersfield or Colchester.
  • Hopefully we can get Colchester in the playoffs......
    Very, unsure about this team in a final though. sorry just cannot see it.

I pray that it is not Millwall and there ugly mugs, gloating......, I would take anyone in this league except those at present!
  • no way jose ........
    win or lose in the play offs it could happen against millwall leeds or whoever .....but i never want them to be above us , their gloating muppet fans who have been silent for years chirping off , no thanks ....
    if they beat us in the play off semi , there's always someone else to stop em going up but they may beat us in the final but we may win !!... no way would i ever consider giving them a bye!

no surrender, no surrender , no surrender to the M I L SCUM
  • I don't want them to go up but neither do I want to face them in the play-offs. Answer, we'll finish 7th and it won't be a problem.
  • I want Charlton to finish 2nd.
  • Sponsored links:

• So do I
  • I'd prefer Leeds to nick 2nd, Millwall to finish 3rd and lose to Huddersfield in the play off semi, whereas we beat Swindon in ours and then we beat Huddersfield at Wembley.
    Why would any Charlton fan want Millwall to finish 2nd?!
  • Precisely; I think we should see what happens Tuesday 4 points isn't impossible to make up, all the results went against us on Saturday, but Millwall can lose their next game and have results go against them. 5 games left and 4 teams in the running for 2nd, including Charlton, so why on earth would any Charlton Supporter want Millwall to win the place???
  • Millwalls remaining fixtures:

A Yeovil Town
    A Huddersfield
    H Leyton Orient
    A Tranmere
    H Swindon Town

They've only got 2 home games left and the rest are away - the opposite to our run in. I expect them to drop points and probably lose at least one of those games.

Leeds:

Carlisle United A
    Gillingham A
    Milton Keynes Dons H
    Charlton Athletic A
    Bristol Rovers H

Leeds have bottled it and I can only see them getting decent results over their next two games.

Swindon:

H Exeter
    H Walsall
    A Wycombe
    H Brentford
    A Millwall

They would appear to have the easier run in, but they are prone to dropping silly points.
  • Well said, SadieJane.

46 games in this League.

Let's see where we stand after 46 games - not fearing the worst after 41 games.
  • to right oggy,shelvey might be back starting tuesday
  • Jonjo played very well in his 15 minutes on the park yesterday, Nolly.
  • i heard from my family he did,so lets start him and keep him ,enough of messing the team about with those "wingers"
  • My feeling is that the only way we will go up is automatically so at this stage I hope we come second.

However if it becomes inevitable that we have no chance of second spot (I suspect we will know this time next week!) then yes I think I'd rather get shot of Millwall if we are even to have a faint glimmer of hope in the play-offs.
  • In response. Yes it sticks in my craw to say I want Millwall to get 2nd spot, however. I am trying to look at the situation realistically and in doing so I have concluded that Charlton won't finish in 2nd spot because our run in versus Millwall and Swindons is harder coupled with the fact we still can't score enough goals. That just my opinion of course and boy would I love to be proved wrong. Based on the above I want Charlton to win the playoffs and again in my opinion that is made easier without Millwall being involved. Apart from the obvious fact that Millwall are very much the form team in the division I also dontvwant to meet them because I think they are one team who won't be wary of us. They were the better team at The Valley and I don't even want to mention the match at The New Den. I genuinely can't see how this idea is anything other than our best shot at getting out of the division this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• quite possible millwall could struggle with there next two away games
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]quite possible millwall could struggle with there next two away games[/quote]

true but in their last two away games they won at Leeds and Colchester.
  • if we 've got nothing to play for (already safe in the play offs and can't make 2nd spot) when we play the 2nd last game of the season i would have the right hump if we turned over leeds to get millwall promoted but i fear this may happen.... and our fans would all be so happy .... clown shoes
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if we 've got nothing to play for (already safe in the play offs and can't make 2nd spot) when we play the 2nd last game of the season i would have the right hump if we turned over leeds to get millwall promoted but i fear this may happen.... and our fans would all be so happy .... clown shoes

surely it's more important to get the win and carry momentum into the play offs.
    Millwall will be back in this league soon enough - we can gloat then.

Personally I couldn't care less about Millwall - it's all about us
  • Swisdom - answer the question in the other thread fella (what age group did you play for at Charlton?)
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Personally I couldn't care less about Millwall - it's all about us

Words of wisdom, Swisdom.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Personally I couldn't care less about Millwall - it's all about us

Words of wisdom, Swisdom.

lucky for you then ... i mean the pain of that 4-0 surely has to hurt more than losing to northen nobody fc
  • Millwall play Yeovil on Tuesday and then Huddersfield on FRiday. Lot of travelling over the course of three days, tired legs, few niggling injuries etc I expect them to win at Yeovil but lose at Huddersfield meaning we need to win both our games to close the gap to 1 point. Personally don't think that will happen and that coem this time next week we'll still be as many points adrift. Pessimistic, no just realisitic.
  • Can't have any CAFC fan wanting Millwall to finish 2nd.

Hopefully we'll avoid them in the play-offs and they will get beat in their semi.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Pessimistic, no just realisitic.

So in your book Large, the worst case scenario = realistic?

;o)