Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6,528 season tickets sold

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
with 417 of them on the 5-year deal

Comments

• Nearly Millwalls average attendance....
  • more than I expected to be honest, expect it to nearly double if we go up, if not then around the 8,500 mark
  • So what's that, about £1.5m in the bank?
  • I'd have though 417 x average of £1800 = approx £750,000 + 6,111 x average of £300 = approx £1.8m - so around £2.5m...
  • Less Home fans next season will increase our away fans v Home Fans percentage following that Ooh Aah is always banging on about, unless of course our away followings decline by more :-)
  • Ahh, yes did not include the big ones.

Think the average of £300 may be a little high though.
  • Are we banning kids cafc_west ?? :-)
  • I renewed two tkts despite not wanting to, but did them both as Under 11s, so paid £49 for each, rather than the usual adult plus child price of £550 odd. Will upgrade on the day for the adult, so more money into the club eventually (assuming I go to every game, which I won't) but less upfront.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]I renewed two tkts despite not wanting to, but did them both as Under 11s, so paid £49 for each, rather than the usual adult plus child price of £550 odd. Will upgrade on the day for the adult, so more money into the club eventually (assuming I go to every game, which I won't) but less upfront.
    Cheeky!
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]I renewed two tkts despite not wanting to, but did them both as Under 11s, so paid £49 for each, rather than the usual adult plus child price of £550 odd. Will upgrade on the day for the adult, so more money into the club eventually (assuming I go to every game, which I won't) but less upfront.

You cant do that, Thats cheating!!!

Pretty good sales i think as more and more will do on a game by game bases the longer we stay in this division
  • Sponsored links:

• Decentish number to sell so early, I'll be renewing at the end of the season so assume there are quite a few like me to add to the figure for next season.
  • It's not cheating if you have two under 11s who want season tickets...
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2010
    I really didnt think you could just buy an under 11 ticket by itself.

Bit irresponsible and a missed opportunity?
  • Dunno WSS - no one said anything to me when I explained that I wanted to change mine down to an U11...had to show a birth certificate when I bought the first U11 ticket tho...
  • If we don't go up can easily see crowds of 8 to 10k max for home games apart from milwall and palace which will be 18 to 20k, the attendances this term have been quite good I thought but another season of hartlepool and brighton just can't see that many non season ticket holders being botherd, at mk some sang 'your grounds to big for you' I'm so pleased we never put the other tier on the east stand as we could well be having that sung to us next season.

Having got the gloom out the way, go up and easily looking at 10 to 12k season tickets what with the possibilty of west ham, dowies hull etc comming to se7, as said time and time again the next months could easily make or break us.
  • Still yet to do ours so 6,531
  • how do you work that out adam,be more at the 14,000 at worst
  • For next term in league one nolly? A cold wet Tuesday night home to carlisle? After bailey racon shelvey et al have gone over the summer and we become a mid table league one club? 14k for a game then? Or u mean championship? If so 14k season tickets decent numbers I agree.
  • nope i reckon we will average 14,00 in league on,nearly sold 7,000 season tickets already
  • If we have a strong finish and attain promotion through 2nd place, i don't forsee any real pickup in attendances compared to what they have been this year, particularly if price increases are factored in. If we secure promotion via Wembley, there would be a boosting effect through that, but i think to your average Charlton fan, i don't think there is a massive determining factor between Championship and League One in whether they attend games or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• quite good st sales i think.
  • We'll be losing AshTray don't forget...he's off to support Liverpool.
  • Just out of interest, does anyone know the highest number of season tickets we've ever sold?
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]For next term in league one nolly? A cold wet Tuesday night home to carlisle? After bailey racon shelvey et al have gone over the summer and we become a mid table league one club? 14k for a game then? Or u mean championship? If so 14k season tickets decent numbers I agree.

sounds like you've had an OohAah transplant
  • Its my birthday today and I'm 30... a very depressing day and at work. Still I got a season ticket for next season from my family as my present so hey ho.. bring on that cold wet night I say!!
  • Happy Birthday adam
  • Happy 30th Adam. Nothing depressing about being 30... a great decade. 40 well thats a different matter.
  • adam, cheer up old man
    . Only another 50 odd years following the Addicks to look forward to.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Happy 30th Adam. Nothing depressing about being 30... a great decade. 40 well thats a different matter.

thanks. i'm 40 on monday. (where's thredkiller?).
    first 'noseache' now this.

back on topic.
    quite impressive imo.
    even if we end up selling less s/t for next season, the walk up gate will increase, as there will be less spares to lend out.
  • Would be good if we can get to at least 10,000 season tickets regardless of what division we will be in.

If we go up, I would imagine we could get nearer to 12,000 with an average gate of 18,000. If West Ham go down, then the Champ could be a very exciting league and with a few local derbies (imho Palace will stay up and Milwall have a fine chance of automatic if not in the play offs), this would ensure we have a few +20,000 gates.