Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wednesday Quiz April 7 2010

2»

Comments

• 5 12,000?

6 Don Welsh?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]5 12,000?

6 Don Welsh?

No to both
  • 10: 9

lost 5-2 & 4-0...
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]3. David Howells

spot on. They had used all their subs so had to stick an outfield player, making his debut, in goal.
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]9. The ships built in Southampton in bygone days were adorned with antelopes.

It's good but it's not right.

Southampton's first ground was The Antelope Ground - it was named after the antelopes put on ships in King Henry V's day.

I bow to you superior knowledge even if it wasn't the answer on the card. I hope you didn't google it : - )

Still a 3., 5., 6., and 10. to get

so is 3 correct in the top quote?
  • 6. Which pre-war Charlton defender went on to manage Soton?

Sid Cann?
  • david howells is correct.

Sid cann isn't.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]david howells is correct.

Sid cann isn't.
    Sid Cann definately played pre - war and was southampton manager...
  • 5: 9710..
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]david howells is correct. Sid cann isn't.
    Sid Cann definately played pre - war and was southampton manager...
    So did Bill Dodgin Snr...
  • edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]9. The ships built in Southampton in bygone days were adorned with antelopes.[/quote]

It's good but it's not right.[/quote]

Southampton's first ground was The Antelope Ground - it was named after the antelopes put on ships in King Henry V's day.[/quote]

I bow to you superior knowledge even if it wasn't the answer on the card. I hope you didn't google it : - )

Still a 3., 5., 6., and 10. to get[/quote]

Ships used to have carvings of antelopes, geese, swans and, I think, some other animals. You will find pubs and streets around Southampton with references to these. Maybe one of their ships docked in Swansea.

So what was on 'the card'?
  • Sponsored links:

• just that they played at the antelope grounds. Wasn't aware of the ships marking but an interesting fact.

I'll have to spend more than 10 mins on a Tuesday night next week setting these question ; - )