Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

vs. MK Dons & vs. Carlisle - Poll, Views, News, Teams

Comments

• fancy six points here,mk dons are who i would pick away from home for us,and carlisle are awful.
  • Nice to see no one has gone for lose both. Think both games will be dire but we will manage to have just that little bit more than them and pinch the points.
    MK - win 2-1
    Carlisle - win - 1-0
  • If Parky can find the central midfield combination that gets us playing quick ball to feet we could go on a run and the automatic spot is realistic. Then again it's been half a season since we played that way so i'm not holding my breath.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Well said Johnny. I do think Jonjo should have been involved more, but I do not necessarily agree that he should start. I'd stick with 4-4-2, Racon and Semedo in the middle, Wagstaff and Reid on the wings and Burton and Forster up front. However, I wouldn't hesitate to use Jonjo as a sub if needed.

I'm with you guys.
    I'd like to see more of Jonjo; but the way some are ratching up the hyperbole it's as though they've forgotten how he was floundering at the time he was dropped.
    I'd have expected to see more sub appearances mind you.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Well said Johnny. I do think Jonjo should have been involved more, but I do not necessarily agree that he should start. I'd stick with 4-4-2, Racon and Semedo in the middle, Wagstaff and Reid on the wings and Burton and Forster up front. However, I wouldn't hesitate to use Jonjo as a sub if needed.

I'm with you guys.
    I'd like to see more of Jonjo; but the way some are ratching up the hyperbole it's as though they've forgotten how he was floundering at the time he was dropped.
    I'd have expected to see more sub appearances mind you.

Jonjo was never going to play 46 games at 17/18.

He played a lot early on because we were winning and probably needed a rest. However it has now gone from one extreme to the other. I stand to be corrected but I think the only starts he has had have been on the left in a long while so hardly surprising that he is floundering in an unfamiliar position.

He must be champing at the bit so get him back in for Racon Parky, assuming Bailey is fit of course, if not then instead of Bailey.
  • overslept after a heavy nigh in the pub and since have had the journey from hell, concluding with me chasing a never ending can of stella across a packed euston station 30 secs before my train to mk was leaving. just made it. coyr
  • very strange stadium. just seen a dutch coach parked in the middle of the redwing ones outside the away end? is there a dutch cafc supporters day or something?
  • Charlton: Randolph, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Wagstaff, Semedo, Racon, Reid; Mooney, Forster.

Subs: Warner, Llera, Solly, Spring, Sam, Shelvey, A Sodje

MK Dons: Gueret; Doumbe, Lewington, McCracken, O'Hanlon; Chadwick, Gleeson, Leven, Chadwick; Easter, Wilbraham.

Subs: Searle, Powell, Carrington, Woodards, Davis, Howell, Randall.

Ref: A Bates
  • CAFC player on the blink for me again....

Oh and Benty's scored already.

Well done Darren, lad.
  • Now it works...haven't kicked off yet as far as I can tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry admin,

Just realised that I wasn't on the match thread....

Was a particularly heavy night last night though (that's me trying to plead for mitigating circumstances, btw).
  • feeling proper nervous about today , i just wasn't convinced about our performance up at MK, the result was great and i'll take another result and crap performance like that...
  • I think we'll win, probably by the odd goal.
  • I doubt any of us are convinced, and haven't been since September, but the more i see of this league the more it seems to surprise me. How can a team that conceded 7 at home on the opening day be walking it, how can Leeds deservedly turn over Man U, play some great football, yet completely lose their way to a bigger extreme to what we have, how have Southampton with their fantastic squad still be out the play off positions even if they hadn't had the ten deducted. Strange, strange season.

I feel better about our side with Forster in it, and Randolph has come in and looked more solid than i expected him to, so there are two bonuses there. If Sam and Reid can find some form for the remainder of the season and give us some real threat down the wings, we have a real chance.
  • Just back from Sainsbury's and Carlisle team bus went passed. But it had a Newcastle United crest on the side so does that mean they do not have their own bus?
  • Saw Carlisle team at Bexleyheath earlier - walking around - possibly to the coach/
  • Im going today so we are going to win fact!
  • Right I am heading to the game, Racon and Forster to score in a convincing 2-0 win. Come on you reds!
  • Rumour is that Carlisle are playing a weakened team...
  • Sponsored links:

• JonJo starts. Good luck, son.
  • Charlton: Randolph, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Sam, Semedo, Racon, Shelvey, Reid; Forster.

Subs: Warner, Llera, Solly, Bailey, Wagstaff, Mooney, A Sodje

Can't argue with this team. If we want to be serious promotion contenders then we have to win today. This team tells me we are going for 3 points.
  • edited April 2010
    Edit - Johnny 73 beat me with the team news by 9 seconds

;o)
  • Sam in for Wagstaff too. Bailey on the bench.
  • 2 wingers, CM triangle, Forster up top.

I guess the idea is for our wingers to get behind their back line, and Racon & JonJo follow up.
  • We've got 2 x 36 year olds, starting their 2nd match within 48 hours
  • With Forster playing the lone frontman, not as young as he was and no giant, let's hope we play balls to feet
  • edited April 2010
    Oggy please dont tell me that is a moan!please!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Oggy please dont tell me that is a moan!please!

I'm not usually known for moaning, mate ! ;o)

I'm just trying to visualise what the plan is, how it will unfold - and hoping we're not tempted to play our usual hoofball to a 5'9" frontman with great lump centrebacks sprawling all over him.
  • haha ok, nah i think Parky has got it spot on today!Well i hope so anyway!