Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

vs. MK Dons & vs. Carlisle - Poll, Views, News, Teams

WSSWSS
edited April 2010 in General Charlton
With the places of 2nd down to 7th tighter than they have ever been (see below) the look and prospects for automatic promotion and playoff places is going change dramatically on a weekly basis.

ltapr1.png

It makes our trip to stadium:mk on Easter Saturday and Carlisle on Monday two must win games - especially considering the two play off head-to-head fixtures that are taking place over the holiday weekend.

By all accounts, the match against Huddersfield showed that Nicky Forster could be a useful addition for the rest of the season and that there is very little to choose between Randolph and Robbie, although Waggy still looks like a sub rather than a starter.

We came away from the Galpharm (sp.) with a point despite not having Nicky Bailey or Deon playing a part and should one or both of these get back to full fitness for the next two games we should be confident of taking maximum points.

Jonjo is still inexplicably being shunted but hopefully will still play a big part in the remainder of the season but we need everyone to be on top of their game from now until the very last game of the season.

Put your views for the next two games on this thread as well as what you think we’ll do. 4 points from two games will probably not be enough, but I think that’s what we’ll do…

Happy Easter everyone.

Friday, 2 April 2010
Exeter v Colchester
Millwall v Brentford
Tranmere v Norwich

Saturday, 3 April 2010
Leeds United v Swindon
Wycombe v Huddersfield

Monday, 5 April 2010
Colchester v Millwall
Swindon v Tranmere
Yeovil v Leeds United

Tuesday, 6 April 2010
Huddersfield v Oldham

Comments

• we have to win both imo to have a chance of the automatic spot ... i think 4 points wont be the end of the world but a win then a draw will feel a lot worse than a draw and a win in that order!
    3 points and it'll be squeaky bum time ... 2 points or less and i'll get grey hairs !!

sam in for waggy for me
  • I don't think we've got any kind of consistancy to win both games.

If MK try to attack us like they did at The Valley I can see us getting a few goals, think Forster will get his 1st Saturday but will end a draw.

Don't panic, we're still 5th :-)
  • edited April 2010
    what Ooohaah said..........2 must win games really, although a draw at MK and a win on Monday might not be the end of the world, depending on other results.
  • I think we'll beat the Dons by a couple of goals, they haven't impressed me at all this season. Forster to score one of them.

Carlisle the first side to do the double over us this season? Not sure, but i expect a tougher game at the Valley than on Saturday. They seem to play up for the 'bigger' clubs in the division - obviously not in Cup Finals.

0-2

& 1-0
  • 2 wins needed if we want autos.

Whether we'll get them I don't know, based on recent form no.
  • Team vs MK Dons - Randolph, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Reid, Semedo, Racon, Bailey, Mooney, Forster

I can see us going for containment of the opposition and hope to nick a goal as in the Huddersfield game. If Bailey is fit he will come in on the left and Reid will switch to the right. Can't see us making any other changes. If everyone stays fit I can only see us improving over our last two performances. Loan players should now be settling in. Mooney and Forster would have had a week to work on their partnership. Semedo and Racon are in the centre for containment and offer more defensive options than any other partnership. Our success will rely on whether Bailey and Reid can do some damage from the wings.

vs Carlisle With this game coming just two days later the team selection is going to depend on which players come through the MKdons game injury free.

I know people want Shelvey in the team, as do i, however if the support striker role is meant to be his best position, then he is competing with Forster for a starting role, and I would go with Forster for every game. He has experience and scores goals. Something we have been lacking all season.

If Burton was fit I'd pick him ahead of Mooney, I just think he needs a long rest or surgery.
  • I'd bring back sam havd Reid and him playing wide, Bailey told to stay in the middle along side Semedo. Forster and Sodje!!! (On the bais of Sodje being a target man) MD 2-2, Carlisle 3-2 - these are our easiest games ahead --- Gulp!!!!
  • Well win 2-1 at MK DONS, 3-0 Win against Carlisle

My Team for Saturday:
    Randolph
    Richardson, Sodje, Llera, Borrowdale
    Sam, Semedo, Bailey, Reid
    Mooney, Forster......assuming burton still not available

I would bring shelvey on for semedo with 30 mins left when it will be 50/50 still and also waggy for sam

second game depending on injuries maybe change one of front two and semedo out Shelvey in
  • I can see us winning one but not both of these matches. If we are lucky we will draw the other.

I have no idea which way round so I'll say a win in front of the proper standing fans who abuse old people when politely asked to sit down at MK Dons and an uninspiring draw in front of the boo boys at The Valley.
  • Two wins but also think the same for Millwall who will be 2nd by Monday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously be great for 2 wins - but it seems so long since we've done that! A draw away and a win at home would keep us in it - but only for play-offs. Two wins and we can still be hopeful of that 2nd spot.
    Team for me (MK Dons):
    Randolph
    Richardson Dailly Sodje Borrowdale
    Sam Semedo Shelvey Bailey Reid
    Forster

For Carlisle:
    Randolph
    Richardson Dailly Sodje Borrowdale
    Sam Semedo Racon Bailey
    Forster Mooney

Subs: The usual suspects.
  • think we will take 6 points. Forster will prove to be an inspired loan signing.

Think Leeds will draw with Swindon. Millwall keep on winning.

Believe. COYR.
  • Two wins required but of course we are not good enough to do that so I'll settle for the clubs outside the play off positions not closing the gap on us.
  • Woke up yesterday with a jolt! We beat Carlisle 5-2! Might have a little wager...
  • sam back and bailey off the bench make the difference.

4 points from the two games keeps us in touch with the others who also drop points.

Goals for Mooney in both games.

Forster and barrowdale are the new whipping boys
  • I'd settle for 4 points from these two games, but we are good enough to win both. I would also add, despite their result on Sunday in the JPT Carlisle will be no push overs.

I expect the top 5 to change quite a bit over the Easter fixtures with Millwall 2nd on Saturday night but Leeds back in 2nd on Monday. I'll be very impressed if Millwall manage to get 6 points over Easter but hopefully it won't happen.
  • think we'll win both. Burton will play with Forster on Monday, Forster and Mooney at MKD. Waggy to keep out Sam at MKD and will impress and keep him place for Monday. Bailey in CM in place of Racon at MKD and Semedo on Monday.
  • Think Millwall are due a bit of a slip up and Brentford are a useful outfit.

Have taken some nice 7/1 about the Bees turning the Spanners over tomorrow.

Hoping/expecting no less than four points for us.
  • now is the time to turn current form around. Have voted D-W but (with my head), realistically W-W is what is needed (in my heart).

8 games to go, 5 wins including Leeds and Colchester, and 2 draws will be enough.
  • Charlton 4 - MK Dons 2
    Charlton 2 - Carlisle 1

To Start: Randolph, Richardson, Dailly, S. Sodje, Borrowdale, Sam, Racon, Semedo, Bailey, Reid, Forster
    Bench: Warner, Solly, Llera, Shelvey, Wagstaff, Mooney, A. Sodje
  • Sponsored links:

• MK Dons 1 Charlton 4
    Charlton 3 Carlisle 1
    Its about time we showed some form.
  • Got a feeling we're going to really thump mkdons, if we do we'll carry on the form and beat Carlise.

Failing that I think we'll end up with 1 or 2 points from both games.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Jonjo is still inexplicably being shunted but hopefully will still play a big part in the remainder of the season

He wil be grateful to play any part. He's only started four or five games since mid-October. Parkinson is not suddenly going to admit that he's got it wrong for the past five months.

A point v Dons and a win v Carlisle may just keep us in touch if those around us also drop points.

Find it unlikely that Borrowed and Forster will be ''the new whipping boys''. I'm backing the latter to score his first goal for us over Easter.

The only ''whipping boy'' if we find ourselves out of the top six after Easter Monday will be Phil Parkinson. He's brought in six new players since January and four in the past couple of weeks. On paper his dealings look good business in a mediocre division and given our straitened circumstances. But his team - and it is now his team - has to deliver or else he's in Pardew country.
  • 2 games - 2 wins
  • that point against hudderfield was so important....
  • Two draws unfortunately. Will be tired Monday and that'll effect us going forward. Be interesting to see how much the starting 11 changes between games.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Jonjo is still inexplicably being shunted but hopefully will still play a big part in the remainder of the season[/quote]

He wil be grateful to play any part. He's only started four or five games since mid-October. Parkinson is not suddenly going to admit that he's got it wrong for the past five months.

A point v Dons and a win v Carlisle may just keep us in touch if those around us also drop points.

Find it unlikely that Borrowed and Forster will be ''the new whipping boys''. I'm backing the latter to score his first goal for us over Easter.

The only ''whipping boy'' if we find ourselves out of the top six after Easter Monday will be Phil Parkinson. He's brought in six new players since January and four in the past couple of weeks. On paper his dealings look good business in a mediocre division and given our straitened circumstances. But his team - and it is now his team - has to deliver or else he's in Pardew country.[/quote]

Whatever happens Parkinson has done a good job this year. We are contenders going into the final run in.

I do agree the season has not been perfect - Jonjo should have played more games - and it is his team, but it is a team of free transfers and loan players!
  • Thank christ Johnny, somebody i can finally agree with!Well done pal!
  • 4 points for me. Knowing cafc like I do, we'll win comfortably at MK Dons and then stutter to a 1-1 with Carlisle.
  • Well said Johnny. I do think Jonjo should have been involved more, but I do not necessarily agree that he should start. I'd stick with 4-4-2, Racon and Semedo in the middle, Wagstaff and Reid on the wings and Burton and Forster up front. However, I wouldn't hesitate to use Jonjo as a sub if needed.