Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Youga starts for ressies, Shelvey plays too (why?)

Comments

• Good news on Youga. Hopefully Jonjo didn't play the full game and it was just for fitness.

Warren McBean formerly of Barnet and St Albans? Sounds like we're getting desperate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Warren McBean formerly of Barnet and St Albans? Sounds like we're getting desperate.

Brighton aswell no? well no harm in having a look at strikers when ours arent performing

as for Shelvery & youga can only be good news, JJ hasn't played for 6-7 games i thnk so could do with some match fitness espectially if he is going to start saturday maybe?
  • McBean has been banging them in for the Mighty Bromley. 20 odd this season.

http://www.bromleytimes.co.uk/content/bromley/times/newsport/story.aspx?brand=BMLYTOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=bmlytonline&tCategory=zsport&itemid=WeED17%20Mar%202010%2016%3A19%3A44%3A107
  • from the names mentioned though like Pell, Mambo etc it seems a young side and Jonjo playing doesn't bode well for him starting on Saturday. I would have thought that others like Sodje, Spring, Waggy, Moo2 etc could all have done with a run-out too.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Brighton aswell no? well no harm in having a look at strikers when ours arent performing

as for Shelvery & youga can only be good news, JJ hasn't played for 6-7 games i thnk so could do with some match fitness espectially if he is going to start saturday maybe?
    No harm, but in Henry's article it says he's 24, not like he's a young promising player, just a good non-league goalscorer (might be better than that, but that's all he's proven to be so far).
  • I wonder if us not having a competitive reserve side this year has contributed to how crap we are...?
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I wonder if us not having a competitive reserve side this year has contributed to how crap we are...?

Spot on. People coming in the team have no match fitness. You can train all you like but it dont beat playing games
  • could be that Shelvey was played so Chelski could get another look at him????????
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] Jonjo playing doesn't bode well for him starting on Saturday.

Why not? Playing Wednesday and saturday shouldn't really be a problem for an 18 year old.

Anyone know what sort of team Chelsea had out as their first team played on tuesday night and their youth team played an FA Youth cup semi last night.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I wonder if us not having a competitive reserve side this year has contributed to how crap we are...?

Spot on. People coming in the team have no match fitness. You can train all you like but it dont beat playing games

It can't help, particuarly for any youngsters who have graduated from the youth sides but are on the fringes of the first team. Not ideal from a development point of view. How much football does Jonjo actually get when he's not in the first team?
  • Sponsored links:

• When he's on his game, Warren McBean could do well at Football League level. Not too sure if he's right for us though, but no harm in us having a look.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I wonder if us not having a competitive reserve side this year has contributed to how crap we are...?

It can't help, particuarly for any youngsters who have graduated from the youth sides but are on the fringes of the first team. Not ideal from a development point of view. How much football does Jonjo actually get when he's not in the first team?

not adecision that can be laid at parkies door. it was a board decision that Parkie told us early in the season he diod not agree with, although understood, while Murray said Prkie did not agree but was OK with it, Parkie did not seem ok with it to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]

not adecision that can be laid at parkies door. it was a board decision that Parkie told us early in the season he diod not agree with, although understood, while Murray said Prkie did not agree but was OK with it, Parkie did not seem ok with it to me.

Remember reading that, could turn out to be a false economy by the board.
  • 6a00e54ed02a6788330120a5825bdd970c-800wi
    Our new trialist. Comes with a more modest motor than most of our squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]

I think it is a massive contributor to why we are falling away too.
  • The Addicks also handed a trial to striker Warren McBean, and the former Barnet and St Albans City hitman scored both goals for Charlton.
    Hardly sounds a desperate signing 2 against chelsea reserves! would like to know who chelsea had on the pitch.
  • Apparently Chelsea had a one legged steward upfront.
  • I know nothing about Warren McBean but already prefer him to Mooney and Akpo
  • Welling Centre Half Jack Parkinson has been on trial at Bournemouth last week.

Wonder if he wore a schoolboy jumper to it. . .
  • "The defeat was particularly harsh on Charlton goalkeeper Darren Randolph, who performed well to keep the hosts at bay."

get him in , could do no worse!
  • Sponsored links:

• My mate who's a Bromley season ticket holder:

"Bloody hell, how far have Charlton fallen to be trialling McBean. I like him but if Charlton do sign him, it shows they'll be in League 1 for a few years yet....."

Anyone know what happened with Ryan Hall, who was also on trial, and scored against Chelsea Reserves too if I'm right. Have our reserves played anyone else this year?

Hopefully Jonjo playing is to get him ready for Saturday
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    Anyone know what happened with Ryan Hall, who was also on trial, and scored against Chelsea Reserves too if I'm right. Have our reserves played anyone else this year?
    If we haven't heard anything it'll usually mean we don't want to sign him. So probably nothing, I'd imagine he just went back to his own club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

No harm, but in Henry's article it says he's 24, not like he's a young promising player, just a good non-league goalscorer (might be better than that, but that's all he's proven to be so far).

We're at that level now where players can and often do make a sudden step up from non-league and are succesful and that includes late developers. With our budget we need to be looking high and low for bargains and undiscovered gems, so it's good we're taking a look at him. It's all the more important now though that we only sign good-uns - we need the next Charlie Austin, not the next Chris Dickson.
  • I pray to god Jonjo played for a bit of match sharpness... just posted my s/t renewal today, i'll be wanting it back if the kid aint in that XI on Saturday!
  • Does anyone know where JonJo was playing and what the formation was? Only asking because we could do with a deeper midfielder who can find a pass just as much as a second striker. Either way he's got to start on Saturday.
  • edited March 2010
    It's a sad state of affairs when we trial a striker from bromley to solve our problems, we must really be having a summer clearout prepared..

Oh the sadness comes back, along with anger at how we have fallen so deep into a pit of despair...
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Welling Centre Half Jack Parkinson has been on trial at Bournemouth last week.

know jack he has had some printing done in my shop,nice kid
  • don't worry, Dickson scored 4 goals in one game for the ressies once, now look at him!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Welling Centre Half Jack Parkinson has been on trial at Bournemouth last week.

know jack he has had some printing done in my shop,nice kid

Where your shop NSS ?
    Still want to talk to you about some shirts.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

We're at that level now where players can and often do make a sudden step up from non-league and are succesful and that includes late developers. With our budget we need to be looking high and low for bargains and undiscovered gems, so it's good we're taking a look at him. It's all the more important now though that we only sign good-uns - we need the next Charlie Austin, not the next Chris Dickson.

Exactly, i think Millwall got Morison for only about 150k so there are bargains out there. Although to be fair he'd been scoring loads in the conference for at least 2-3 years so was less of a gamble than someone like Dickson/McBean.