Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most disappointing thing about Sat........

2»

Comments

• Where I sit on the rare occassions I can make games generally people are sitting until something on the pitch gets them riled or (more rarely atm) enthuisastic enough to stand up. I can't think of any occassions when we've had people arguing or falling out amongst themselves about it so maybe its an away game thing, I get to even less of those than I do home games. Don't make any difference to me if that makes me a good/bad fan, I'm Charlton through and through and I'll support them however I want unless it genuinely and directly interferes with someone else like Eltham's dad.
  • That the day was 24 hours long
  • It doesn't make you a better supporter if you stand but sitting really kills the atmosphere. i HATE sitting at football and to be honest id say 60% of the reason i enjoy going football is to do with the atmosphere. Plus sitting down makes you moan FACT. I can prove this with one question. How many people who stand at football moan because they want to sit down? :-)
  • I see where everyone is coming from, I was in the lower tier and everyone near me was standing, at the end of the day it's preference. If you can't physically stand then that's no bigger you being there is support. Personally i stand home and away as I feel the bigger the noise, the more the players will respond.

We out sang millsmall for 40mins then they started being louder when they got there goal. Hopefully things will improve and we will generate alot better atmosphere at home.
    edited March 2010
    why would you go to a derby match with the intention of sitting there quietly to watch (a rubbish on our part) game of football. Derbys are all about being in the top tier and causing as much noise as possible silly comment mate.

I.E at derby's erveryone wants to be were the singers are.
  • What Len said.
  • tbf everyone stood at southend cos it was impossible to sit. I'd need a shoehorn to fit in one of them seats!
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]tbf everyone stood at southend cos it was impossible to sit. I'd need a shoehorn to fit in one of them seats!

True even lil me found that too. Palace seats are the same.
  • This is why we need safe standing. Those that wish to stand can stand and those that wish to sit can sit, both not annoying the other section. Simples.