Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Petrol and Diesel - this is getting daft again !

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]In USA, if it goes up by more than 10p in a year (say 20 cents) this would be enough to bring the Government down. When I was in Florida in 2008, it was scandal when pump prices went up 10p a gallon, there was a public outcry. I was telling Americans that UK petrol was nearly £5 a gallon (£10 dollars approx at 1.98 at the time) and they didn't believe me. I live in the West Midlands and used to be a season ticket holder for 7 years, so I didn't mind paying £40-£45 round trip to the Valley. It is currently around £60-£65 for the trip and if it goes up to £1.20 per litre, I imagine I can add another £5-10. I very rarely attend home matches these days for this reason. Its a joke.

Sorry but what utter tosh, petrol prices in the summer of 2008 went up a dollar in just a couple of months in the US.

Isn't Vancouver in Canada? Any way, a 50p increase on a gallon, my heart bleeds! Try paying over a fiver. Ours has gone up 20 odd pence a litre in 3 months. Now, times £1.20 by roughly 4.5 and you have our pound per gallon. Petrol in the USA is still cheap even when it goes up some. Not sure about Canada though but I expect its cheaper there than over here.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think you've missed the point. Yes, Vancouver is in Canada - but what has that got to do with VA making an observation about an event that happened in the US? And all he was doing was pointing out that what you said in your previous post was utter bollocks. Petrol IS cheaper in the US - much cheaper. I don't think VA was disagreeing with you. That doesn't make what you said accurate - and doesn't stop someone who might have more accurate information pulling you on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I think you've missed the point. Yes, Vancouver is in Canada - but what has that got to do with VA making an observation about an event that happened in the US? And all he was doing was pointing out that what you said in your previous post was utter bollocks. Petrol IS cheaper in the US - much cheaper. I don't think VA was disagreeing with you. That doesn't make what you said accurate - and doesn't stop someone who might have more accurate information pulling you on it.

Fair enough. So an assumption was made by our Canadian friend that I went to Florida in the summer when I actually went in April. Petrol had increased by 10p I was told. Sorry if the information I received was tosh as petrol clearly went up by one dollar in 2 months. We can all be pedantic.
  • Options
    What Leroy said.
  • Options
    And the other point is, you will get sarcastic response to a rude reply. So, better Leave it there then.
  • Options
    Its 14p a litre here..........scandalous.

(ducks for cover)
  • Options
    I just filled up at Shell (Blackfen / Blendon) after it was mentioned above.
    Both diesel & unleaded are 113.9p but by the looks of it the prices are about to change- the big display boards were empty of figures. Get there soon for these prices.
    The 'super petrol' or whatever they call it was 121p per litre.

And if that was not bad enough you have to wait half an hour while some bint does the weekly shopping in there...... Not that there is much of a choice Bexley Village no longer has any petrol stations, 2 at one time in the 70's. and Bexleyheath has 1. Albany park has a petrol station. Otherwise it is Ruxley corner and half a morning on the round trip gettting there!

Goverment just love it, running the country on fuel tax!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]

That and cig tax seems to be holding the entire country up.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]

That and cig tax seems to be holding the entire country up.

Not forgetting the taxes on alcohol.

Maybe rather than being given ASBOs the drunken chavs who blight our streets and A&E wards are contributing to the community through the tax they pay on their alcohol. There again may be they are simply ploughing back benefits the taxpayer has already funded and incurring more public expense through their feckless behaviour....

You decide :-)