Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Petrol and Diesel - this is getting daft again !

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
Sky news are warning "petrol is feared to hit the £1.20 a litre mark soon with a 3p rise coming on. 1st April"

dunno about you guys but it's already 1.20.9 round my way for diesel

FYI - the highest a couple of years ago when the sh*t hit the fan was 1.19.9. I think some needs to start a price war again. It's getting more than a little bit ridiculous now

Comments

• Options
    Tis getting silly. I was saying 1.24 on lee high road. So not quite at them levels yet. How about you and me carry out a blockade?
  • Options
    Was saying the same last night

Morrisons is 1.12 for unleaded and a BP not far away was 1.19
  • Options
    Lindsay Hoyle, Labour MP on the Commons business committee, told the Daily Telegraph: "Crude oil has gone up this year, but nothing like the rise in petrol prices. Motorists are being legally mugged at the forecourt by petrol companies."

He called the current high price of petrol a "complete disgrace".

Analysts said increased refining costs and the weakening of sterling against the dollar - the currency in which oil is priced - helped to explain some of the increase in petrol prices.
    C'mon Tesco, sort it out!
  • Options
    Unleaded is £1.18...bloody joke economy in this country run on fuel tax.......shame they cant mend the sodding roads
  • Options
    Its really sneaking up in the midlands too, there was a good period where it went down for a bit, but in the last three weeks its shot up.
  • Options
    Bloody joke the lot of it! other countries petrol is cheap as chips, we're still not out of recession so they think rising petrol will get us out of it? give us a break please!
  • Options
    When oil prices peaked less than 2 years ago I don't remember seeing prices at the pumps being greater than about 125ppl. Oil prices at the moment are less than half of what they were at the very peak of June 2008, yet prices that directly affect consumers at the pumps are now almost equivalent to before. It is daylight robbery. What will be done about it? Absolutely f**k all.
  • Options
    It's a f*cking joke, it's going up about 1p every day.
  • Options
    you guys need to shop around a bit, Shell in Blackfen Diesel is about 1.14.

admittedly its still too high though
  • Options
    Suits the Government just fine. About 80 % of a litre of petrol is tax of one sort or other so the higher the price the greater the tax take. Another brownie point for the green scam too screwing the motorist even more which would suit Cameron for anyone daft enough to think he'd do anything differently.

One more thing: our masters in the EU have instructed that we are not reducing our deficit quick enough so even if, by some miracle, there was a will to reduce petrol prices in the UK Parliament the need to be "good Europeans" will almost certainly override it.

Soup de la jour as Delboy would say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Filled up my motor at Shell opposite Bromley bus garage this morning....115.9, total cost 73.48 quid...this is getting silly, I work at a place with no train station nearby, and a very dubious bus service, and it would also take me three buses to get there, so three opportunities for diversions, delays, cancellations and so on, my establishment would not survive if the workforce didn't arrive by car for the most part, there is no car club opportunity, and sharing transport is maybe possible, but also fraught with difficulties as well....might as well give up work and save 130/140 quid a month.
  • Options
    Pah - some people pay that much for a litre of poxy water, the idiots.
  • Options
    In America they pay about £1 a Gallon & they still kick off about it over there. We accept things far too easily in this country the Goverment should reduce the Duty on it which is currently obscence.
  • Options
    Its already 119p a litre in my local petrol station.

As some already know, I am an authorised distributor for Utility Warehouse. All our customers get an opportunity to take out our top up Cashback Card. You just stick your own money on it and when you use it at designated retail outlets you get 5% discount off everything you spend. That includes what you spend at Sainsburys. Spend £50 on groceries at their store, or on line and for the next 13 days you also get 5% off petrol at any of the petrol stations.

As a family we shop at Sainsburys every week (either in store or delivered) and therefore we always get 5% off our petrol. It works brilliantly.

There are loads of other stores which give us 5% off including B&Q, Argos, Boots and JJB Sorts.

Here's a link to our site. You can sign up, save money on all your utilities, get free telephone calls, 24/7 and save a shed load a month.

Save some money

Please whisper me if you need more info. This is the only arrangement in the UK which saves you money on your fuel costs.
  • Options
    Apparently we are the cheapest in Europe for diesel - 41p per litre, but the most expensive when tax is added - disgraceful!
  • Options
    It might just have something to do with the fact that Sterling is so low against the US $ right now.
  • Options
    Check out www.petrolprices.com
  • Options
    Thought "Petrol & Diesel" were 2 TV Detectives......
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In USA, if it goes up by more than 10p in a year (say 20 cents) this would be enough to bring the Government down. When I was in Florida in 2008, it was scandal when pump prices went up 10p a gallon, there was a public outcry. I was telling Americans that UK petrol was nearly £5 a gallon (£10 dollars approx at 1.98 at the time) and they didn't believe me. I live in the West Midlands and used to be a season ticket holder for 7 years, so I didn't mind paying £40-£45 round trip to the Valley. It is currently around £60-£65 for the trip and if it goes up to £1.20 per litre, I imagine I can add another £5-10. I very rarely attend home matches these days for this reason. Its a joke.
  • Options
    i just got myself a bike
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I live at Shooters Hill and work at Maidstone. Filling up is not a joke anymore.
  • Options
    Start driving LPG cars - only 60p a litre.
  • Options
    Sainsbury's in the Peninsular is still only 110.9
  • Options
    Petrol is 58p per litre here in Alberta..........!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Its already 119p a litre in my local petrol station.

As some already know, I am an authorised distributor for Utility Warehouse. All our customers get an opportunity to take out our top up Cashback Card. You just stick your own money on it and when you use it at designated retail outlets you get 5% discount off everything you spend. That includes what you spend at Sainsburys. Spend £50 on groceries at their store, or on line and for the next 13 days you also get 5% off petrol at any of the petrol stations.

As a family we shop at Sainsburys every week (either in store or delivered) and therefore we always get 5% off our petrol. It works brilliantly.

There are loads of other stores which give us 5% off including B&Q, Argos, Boots and JJB Sorts.

Here's a link to our site. You can sign up, save money on all your utilities, get free telephone calls, 24/7 and save a shed load a month.

Save some money

Please whisper me if you need more info. This is the only arrangement in the UK which saves you money on your fuel costs.
    Join us after the break.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Start driving LPG cars - only 60p a litre.[/quote]

Make that about 68p anywhere within 20 miles of where I live, oh and can I have £2k for the conversion costs too. Ta.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]In USA, if it goes up by more than 10p in a year (say 20 cents) this would be enough to bring the Government down. When I was in Florida in 2008, it was scandal when pump prices went up 10p a gallon, there was a public outcry. I was telling Americans that UK petrol was nearly £5 a gallon (£10 dollars approx at 1.98 at the time) and they didn't believe me. I live in the West Midlands and used to be a season ticket holder for 7 years, so I didn't mind paying £40-£45 round trip to the Valley. It is currently around £60-£65 for the trip and if it goes up to £1.20 per litre, I imagine I can add another £5-10. I very rarely attend home matches these days for this reason. Its a joke.

Sorry but what utter tosh, petrol prices in the summer of 2008 went up a dollar in just a couple of months in the US.
  • Options
    I just filled up at Shell (Blackfen / Blendon) after it was mentioned above.
    Both diesel & unleaded are 113.9p but by the looks of it the prices are about to change- the big display boards were empty of figures. Get there soon for these prices.
    The 'super petrol' or whatever they call it was 121p per litre.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Its already 119p a litre in my local petrol station.

Save some money

Join us after the break.

:-)
  • Options
    Filled up my transit van with diesel cost £74.80,ain't gonna go down is it.